PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Closed between Manchester and Disney Way [Oct 1 for accident]

Malcon10t
10-01-2011, 08:20 AM
It has been posted elsewhere that due to a multiple fatal accident of pedestrians on Harbor, Harbor Blvd between Katella and I-5 is closed while police investigate the accident. Foot traffic is being restricted, but nothing as far as routes. The monorails are not running either to avoid guests viewing the scene. Not sure if this will help anyone here, but if driving, you should exit Katella instead of Harbor. No estimate on reopening the road.

ETA - Accident apparently happened about 4am near McDonalds. They are estimating road closures until about 11am.

Correction - According to KTLA, the road is closed between Manchester and Disney Way.

Drince88
10-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Oh, that's so sad.

lola2009
10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I read it was a man and a woman. So very sad.

adriennek
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
KTLA is saying that a van hit a couple (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-couple-killed-in-accident-near-disneyland,0,6298770.story). :(

3Princesses1Prince
10-01-2011, 02:13 PM
My friends saw the scene this morning walking their 4 yr old twins to their first trip. They said tarps were up blocking any view of the bodies luckily.

Drince88
10-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm glad they had tarps blocking views - but OMG - I really hope the bodies weren't still there. From a 4am accident, to park opening - way too long to have left them there.

Malcon10t
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Since MM was at 7am, there is a good chance they were there until at least then.

3Princesses1Prince
10-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm glad they had tarps blocking views - but OMG - I really hope the bodies weren't still there. From a 4am accident, to park opening - way too long to have left them there.

MM was at 7am. My friends said it was marked off as a crime scene. If alcohol was involved or suspected, it may take them awhile before they are able to remove the bodies.

SigalTchelet
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
How very tragic. I have a friend whose husband was hit by a car on Harbor a few years ago. Luckily he survived and is okay now but he had to relearn to walk. Just so tragic.

jananafish
10-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh my gosh this is so heartbreaking :(

Bytebear
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
MM was at 7am. My friends said it was marked off as a crime scene. If alcohol was involved or suspected, it may take them awhile before they are able to remove the bodies.

We went to MM and the street was blocked off. we had to go around the back way to get to Mickey and Friends parking lot. They weren't letting anyone walk or drive from Disney Way north. to the main gate. The accident looked like it occurred closer to the main gate.

3Princesses1Prince
10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
We went to MM and the street was blocked off. we had to go around the back way to get to Mickey and Friends parking lot. They weren't letting anyone walk or drive from Disney Way north. to the main gate. The accident looked like it occurred closer to the main gate.

I didn't recognize the name of the hotel they were staying at so I'm not sure which way they were coming from.

jrsharp21
10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Very sad indeed.

And while this may not have happened at the cross walk over to Disneyland, I have always thought there should be a walk over built instead of having the public continue to use the cross walk. I have seen numerous times where a overly excited child starts to cross the road before it is safe. Also, I have witness many cars run the red light so that they don't have to wait for all the people to get across before they can go. Plus, the buses and vans trying to make the right hand turn out of the bus area at Disneyland. It just seems like it would be much safer to have something the guests can walk over the road and avoid the street all together.

Malcon10t
10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
I am not 100% sure, but from have figured out, it appears this was actually at the Disneyland side entrance for emergency vehicles, about 300 feet north of the pedestrian crosswalk.