PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant for birthday dinner?

CarlieB
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Well, it's happened again: someone in our group is going to be celebrating a birthday while we're at the DLR (this November):)
Last time it was my bf's birthday and we had a great dinner at Ralph Brennan's. We may end up going there again, but does anyone have recommendations for a nice restaurant with great food and good drinks (and good service - don't get me started on the stuff we put up with at HoB last time...)? There will be 5 of us.
Thanks in advance:)

cstephens
06-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Broken record, chiming in again here. My recommendations are always Catal Restaurant and Napa Rose. I actually prefer Catal because of the menu choices, but Napa is really nice too if you want to splurge. I've got reviews and menus posted here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html). The menus at both restaurants will be different in November than what I have posted now, since the menus change every season, but you can at least get an idea of the kind of food that is offered.

CarlieB
06-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Excuse the silly question, but can you tell me what the dress requirement is for Napa Rose?

cstephens
06-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CarlieB
Excuse the silly question, but can you tell me what the dress requirement is for Napa Rose?

Not a silly question at all. There is no real dress requirement for Napa Rose, though I think a bathing suit would probably be frowned upon... ;)

I've been there as a patron dressed in a t-shirt and jeans and I've also been there dressed in business casual. I've not dressed up completely for a meal there, but that's just because the situation hasn't presented itself. The other diners in the restaurant have been dressed in the same range of very casual (shorts and t-shirt) to very nice dinner dresses on the women and slacks and coats for the men. I've heard some people say that they've received worse service when dressed casually, but I can truly say that I've received wonderful service every time I've been there, regardless of how much or how little I dressed up.

Hope that helps.