PDA

View Full Version : DVC Member in RCI Points

stan2u
09-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I have several questions for DVC owners who also participate in RCI Points.
- First of all, is RCI participation automatic or optional? Do you have the choice of weeks or points?
- Second, if you participate in RCI Points, do your RVC points automatically go into RCI at 10 months prior to your use date?
- Are you able to reserve other DVC resorts prior to 10 months out?

The reason I ask is that we just joined RCI points, and that is how the disclosure statement reads. Our home resort points - if we haven't used them to book into our home resort or resort group - roll into RCI points at the start of the 10-month window.

But as I recall, that is NOT how DVC points works. We were at one time in DVC, and we could book into our home resort at 11 months and others at 7 months. But if those points are rolling into RCI at 10 months out, there wouldn't be any points to use at 7 months. Plus by then all the outside RCI points folks would have a 3-month advantage.

So I am wondering if there is now a different plan for DVC members who also participate in RCI points.

tappenfeat
09-28-2011, 04:26 AM
We have RCI weeks...I've been really curious how I could exchange into a DVC. That would be so nice. So now I'm adding to Stan2u's question for RCI into DVC. If anyone could give advice or tips, that would be great!

3Princesses1Prince
09-28-2011, 06:01 AM
I have access to points and weeks (not with DVC). With points, availability isn't more than 10 months in advance so maybe that's what you were seeing.

Stephanie, there is a thread already on trading into DVC through RCI. I suggest starting there. That's what we did and I'd be happy to answer any other questions you had.

tappenfeat
09-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks Shannon!

I will scoot over there and look. :D