PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass question

Pages : [1] 2

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Okay here's my question - 2 people in our party have AP's - they want to sleep-in in the morning - can we use their AP's to get them fastpasses for their use later in the day? Or do they have to enter the park and swipe their AP's to be valid in the fastpass system?

Thanks

Also if you have any secret fastpass tips/tricks you would like to share - please email me at Audrey2580@msn.com

scaeagles
06-16-2003, 02:06 PM
You can use them.

Our family has four annuals. My daughter and I went on a weekend trip and took the other two annuals. We were able to use all four of them for fastpasses.

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
scaeagles - you just made my day!!

IndyBones
06-16-2003, 02:56 PM
That works for some APs but not all. I have first hand experience with APs that didn't work if they weren't used for admission that day.

Don't get your hopes up.

Also if you have any secret fastpass tips/tricks you would like to share - please email me at Audrey2580@msn.com
All you need to know is here: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14736 (Joy of Fastpass, by Darkbeer)
I hope you aren't implying any "secret" ILLEGAL methods of obtaining fastpasses. Any legal tips/tricks should be just fine posted for all to see. There are enough fastpasses to go around.

MonorailMan
06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Geeze, IndyBones, you haven't hear of the huge black Fastpass market going around? :D :rolleyes:

Also, don't forget about disconnected FP machines (Roger Rabbit, S Tours, POTC, and HM)! They can save a lot of time too! :)

That works for some APs but not all. I have first hand experience with APs that didn't work if they weren't used for admission that day.

It's just like the 1 day passports. Some day passports work great for extra FPs, but soon, (took one of mine about a month) to be "Found On Abuse List" :eek:

IndyBones
06-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Just curious: Where did this notion of certain fastpass attractions being "disconnected" or "not a part of some 'network' " come from?

They're all connected, someone just has to click a mouse a few times to make pirates "networked." There is no physical disconnection, some are just subject to the abuse clause, some are not.

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 03:04 PM
IndyBones - Yes I of course meant legal, legit tricks and tips! Thanks for clarifying šoš

Is HM still "disconnected" ??

MonorailMan
06-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by IndyBones
Just curious: Where did this notion of certain fastpass attractions being "disconnected" or "not a part of some 'network' " come from?

It's just a term. To us, if there not part of the "time regimented" system, there disconnected from that system. :)

Darkbeer
06-16-2003, 04:21 PM
First off, IndyBones link isn't working, use this one...

The Joy of FastPass (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14736)

As of Saturday, the Haunted Mansion was disconnected.

As for the term, I was looking for a way to describe the system, and decided to use computer terms. Certain rides are "Networked", meaning that the one ride checks for the fact that you have a FastPass on another networked ride. The "disconnected" (other terms are Independent or Stand-Alone) machines don't check other rides, just the fact that you don't already have one for the current ride.

Of course, they are all truly connected, but I am describing how they act.....

rexfarms
06-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
It's just like the 1 day passports. Some day passports work great for extra FPs, but soon, (took one of mine about a month) to be "Found On Abuse List" :eek:

It said that on the FP itself? :confused:

HBTiggerFan
06-16-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
It said that on the FP itself? :confused:

It sure did! Be very careful about using a pass that wasn't used to get in the park. It seems they have caught on to those who like to use old APs and tickets to get extra FPs and now have an Abuse List. Who knows what they are actually doing with the abuse list, but there is one.

cemeinke
06-16-2003, 07:16 PM
And don't push the button on the back of the Fast Pass Machine - that's very naughty.

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 07:20 PM
HB Tigger Fan so what happens if I use my hubbys AP while he sleeps in? Will his AP be banned ?

Morrigoon
06-16-2003, 07:21 PM
If a CM catches you they can take away your AP. Don't think it doesn't happen!

DisneyFan25863
06-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
HB Tigger Fan so what happens if I use my hubbys AP while he sleeps in? Will his AP be banned ?

I don't think they will ban you for that. Just give you a very stern warning :~D

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 07:22 PM
So probably not worth it huh ;)

rexfarms
06-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
And don't push the button on the back of the Fast Pass Machine - that's very naughty.

And that would be the button that ejects a "free" FP? Or the one that says DO NOT TOUCH just so you want to touch it? lol ;)

Andrew
06-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
And that would be the button that ejects a "free" FP? Or the one that says DO NOT TOUCH just so you want to touch it? lol ;)

"Please do not press this button again."

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 08:07 PM
has anyone here ever pushed it?

cemeinke
06-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
has anyone here ever pushed it?

During Small World Holiday last Winter, I witnessed a 3-year-old child gleefully pressing the button making the fast pass machine spit out a waterfall of Fastpasses.

He was neither warned, nor had his AP revoked
YMMV ;)

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 08:16 PM
I don't want to go to Disney jail but I sooooo want to press the button now

cemeinke
06-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I've briefly been to Disney Jail, but not for pressing the button

MonorailMan
06-16-2003, 08:30 PM
It sure did! Be very careful about using a pass that wasn't used to get in the park. It seems they have caught on to those who like to use old APs and tickets to get extra FPs and now have an Abuse List. Who knows what they are actually doing with the abuse list, but there is one.

But, if it was just a 1 day pass, how would they know it was you?

MonorailMan
06-16-2003, 08:31 PM
I can see it now...

Cindy-ana Jones...and the button of doom! :D ;)

miss bianca
06-16-2003, 08:34 PM
When you get a black out day pass - do you put that in the FP machine or your AP :confused: