PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland Fire [effect during fireworks]

Pages : [1] 2

PhineasTheGhost
09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Did anyone see what happened in Fantasyland?!?! I think it's a lie but look at this picture, http://p.twimg.com/AaFau83CQAEvMXc.jpg . IT'S ON FIRE!!! Some people are saying it was fireworks but if you look you'll see that the people are standing in Fantasyland.

cstephens
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Kinda hard to comment when there's no information about when the picture was taken. However, during the 50th fireworks, there was fire being thrown in the air, during the Indy segment, I believe. I don't recall if that's still in the fireworks. But, the picture was probably taken during that segment.

olegc
09-24-2011, 10:23 PM
isn't the internet wonderful? drama without context...

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
If it was a real fire, they wouldn't be just standing there!

Autopia Guy
09-24-2011, 11:24 PM
If it was a real fire, they wouldn't be just standing there!

Givent the way the majority of the public acts around events like that, oh, yes they would be.

Kinda hard to comment when there's no information about when the picture was taken. However, during the 50th fireworks, there was fire being thrown in the air, during the Indy segment, I believe. I don't recall if that's still in the fireworks. But, the picture was probably taken during that segment.

Appears to be that segment. And that was just added back into Remember... when it started up again after this summer season.

quackinup
09-25-2011, 12:27 AM
The picture is at least 7 months old (created 2/13/11)

CindyR
09-25-2011, 09:58 AM
It has to be fireworks, notice how everyone is standing behind the area they rope off in Fantasyland during fireworks. Plus if it was taken in Febuary, it coordinates with when they do Remember... and that looks exactly like the Indy part. No big mystery here. It is an interesting angle for a picture, but there's clearly no pandemonium happening.

PhineasTheGhost
09-25-2011, 02:17 PM
How could it be fireworks if it was taken inside Fantasyland? Fantasyland is blocked off during the fireworks.

sunnydalegirl
09-25-2011, 02:19 PM
They don't block all of it off. I have stood in Fantasyland to watch the fireworks before.

Drince88
09-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that different parts of Fantasyland are closed during the fireworks, depending on the wind that day. At least that's what we were told when we asked why it wasn't posted that so many attractions would be closed before/during fireworks.

Vegitabeta
09-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah everyone seems pretty calm, to me it really looks like fireworks or just fire effects.

iceman559
09-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Assume it actually was a fire for a minute. Do you really think a fire THAT large would be able to avoid being mentioned in a SINGLE newspaper or other news publication, when the press all pounces on ANYTHING that happens at the DLR? Smoke behind Pinnochio, people evacuated from a coaster, if they cover that, they'd cover this. Not only that, a fire that massive would certainly cause massive damage. No doubt about it. They wouldn't be able to just open up, business as usual the next day. There'd be reports of "Oh, this ride and that ride in Fantasyland just suddenly shut down for an extended period of time. No word why." While it *is* an interesting picture, it's clearly just the fireworks or some sort of other pyrotechnic display. Though, I'm sure it was fireworks since I don't know of any other pyrotechnic displays Disney does around the castle/Fantasyland.

bumblebeeonarose
09-26-2011, 05:58 AM
When we were there last weekend people were standing in the same place watching the fireworks and waiting for Fantasyland to open back up.

cstephens
09-26-2011, 06:33 AM
How could it be fireworks if it was taken inside Fantasyland? Fantasyland is blocked off during the fireworks.

Have you actually seen the Remember fireworks?

Malcon10t
09-26-2011, 07:03 AM

Are you confusing ToonTown with Fantasyland? We've watched different fireworks shows from almost that exact spot. While areas of Fantasyland are roped off for fall out from the fireworks, (and you can see that just in front of this crowd) the much of Fantasyland is open.

PhineasTheGhost
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Have you actually seen the Remember fireworks? I've seen it but only from Rivers of America.

iceman559
09-26-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ibxCo_IGfs

About six minutes in. There's your fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0pQ10CqwM4

Pause that one at 6:40....great shot looking down Fantasyland toward the Castle. Gives the same impression that Fantasyland is on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5eWwCmkfwY&feature=related

Another good shot of Fantasyland appearing to be on fire during Remember @ roughly 6:30 again.

Malcon10t
09-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Phin - Look at the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbeTFUamfog) at about 7:15. You will see the fire sequence.

PhineasTheGhost
09-26-2011, 06:53 PM
I've seen the show before, I know there's fire.

trypticon
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
If you knew already, why on earth did you make this thread?

Vegitabeta
09-27-2011, 12:59 AM

Well said! Though the title of the thread has been modified now, less misleading.

iceman559
09-27-2011, 07:42 AM

Agreed. I mean, it's an interesting picture and cool to point out...but if you knew flames were used during the fireworks, why would you make a misleading post taking the stance that there was a massive fire in Fantasyland? O_o

ShelbyH
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
It is a pretty cool picture though. And proof that Disney can make it look like all of Fantasyland is on fire and in imminent danger just by a fireworks show!

Disneyphile
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
I worked at the resort during the time they were testing the very first flame effects. It was rather shocking to walk past the castle at 2am to see it on fire. Honestly had me scared for a moment, until I was informed they were testing out some new pyro. LOL!

Seashellmama
09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Agreed. I mean, it's an interesting picture and cool to point out...but if you knew flames were used during the fireworks, why would you make a misleading post taking the stance that there was a massive fire in Fantasyland? O_o

Well, the original post indicates that Phineas did not think it was during the fireworks, because he thought (incorrectly) that the location that the picture shows people in is closed off during fireworks.