PDA

View Full Version : Village Haus Menu Question

dban3
09-24-2011, 12:16 PM
In our trip to DL a few months ago, I wanted to make it over to the Village Haus to try a couple of their menu choices they now offer following the last refurbishment. Any opinions about the BLT Flatbread Pizza or Pastrami topped cheeseburger? Just never found the right time, right opportunity try them out.

In past years, my experiences at the Village Haus have not been pleasurable as the food seemed sub-par even by Disneyland standards and for me the place always looked (pick one or all) dingy, dirty, or thrashed.

cstephens
09-24-2011, 06:29 PM
In our trip to DL a few months ago, I wanted to make it over to the Village Haus to try a couple of their menu choices they now offer following the last refurbishment. Any opinions about the BLT Flatbread Pizza or Pastrami topped cheeseburger? Just never found the right time, right opportunity try them out.

I really liked the pastrami-topped cheeseburger as well as the chicken sausage on a pretzel roll. I haven't tried the flatbread, but it looks really good.

I agree with you that Village Haus was never on my list of places to eat because the food was sub-par. It's much better since the menu change, and we like to visit periodically.

Here's a thread that's not too old with lots of comments about the new menu items. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?160608-Village-Haus-menu)

Drince88
09-24-2011, 07:01 PM
My sister and I ate there, I think in April, and unless they've made some drastic changes, I would NOT go right at opening. Service was ridiculously slow. We were 2 or 3 parties behind a group of three, that just wanted hot tea in the travel mugs. Even though our meal was super slow coming out, the party that JUST WANTED HOT TEA was still waiting when we got our food. We weren't quite half done with our meal when they finally walked out. (But we had fully settled down and were well into our meal.)

olegc
09-24-2011, 11:25 PM
we just visited on Thursday (just before the Verizon party in TOmorrowland). Had the pastrami burger and sausage. both very good, hot, and fresh. Pizza was good too for some other folk (they asked if it was ok to wait so they could make some fresh - nice). However, service even at the end of the night was slow -and not that many people in the place.

disneyobsessed
09-25-2011, 07:45 AM
We went in fairly soon after they changed the menu, so it's been a while now. We did not try any of the lunch items but instead were there just for dessert. We ordered three desserts and four waters. It was mid-afternoon. There was only one group ahead of us in our line, there were two other lines, and the restaurant was pretty empty overall. It took quite a while for them to serve us our pre-made desserts and pour our waters. Compared to other counter service places we have tried in Disneyland, I would say this was the slowest service, and we didn't even order anything hot. As far as the desserts...the black forest cupcake was just ok I thought. The cherry and chocolate flavors came through nicely. I thought the cake was a little dry and the frosting bland. The apple strudel was tastier overall. We have not felt interested enough in the place to return for dessert or any of the other foods that are offered there.

bumblebeeonarose
09-25-2011, 09:21 AM
We went there this summer also. I'm not sure if it was June or July. We just had regular pizza because we weren't sure how the flat bread measured up. Saw it after we ordered though, and it looked pretty goo. We did have flatbread pizzas this month at the new place in DCA and they were very good.

Our service in the summer was very slow too. I thought it was because it was summer and crowded, but now that I think about it, it was the slowest service we had during our two summer trips. The pizza we had was good though, hot and fresh.

dban3
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Our service in the summer was very slow too. I thought it was because it was summer and crowded, but now that I think about it, it was the slowest service we had during our two summer trips. The pizza we had was good though, hot and fresh.

I'm sensing a trend here with the slow service. It's been a few years since I've been to Village Haus but I seem to recall the service was slow even back then. It is also the only place I have ever been to anywhere in the Disneyland Resort where I ordered lunch for 3, handed the cast member at the register a hundred dollar bill and was told "I can't break that right now". Wha???? This is Disneyland, they deal in 10's and 20's like most people handle nickles and dimes.

cstephens
09-25-2011, 11:28 PM
It is also the only place I have ever been to anywhere in the Disneyland Resort where I ordered lunch for 3, handed the cast member at the register a hundred dollar bill and was told "I can't break that right now". Wha???? This is Disneyland, they deal in 10's and 20's like most people handle nickles and dimes.

It depends on what time of day this happened and what happened right before you. If it happened when the cashier just came on, they might not have the right change to break the 100. Also, if other people did that right before you, that might have cleaned them out as well.

ShelbyH
09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
It depends on what time of day this happened and what happened right before you. If it happened when the cashier just came on, they might not have the right change to break the 100. Also, if other people did that right before you, that might have cleaned them out as well.

Yes, definitely. Especially first thing in the morning when some registers in the park start out with 5's and 1's. I don't eat here often but it's interesting that so many people experience slow service. I wonder why that is. You would think the QUICK service windows would be able to dole out the beverages and pre-made food in a timely manner.

dban3
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, definitely. Especially first thing in the morning when some registers in the park start out with 5's and 1's. I don't eat here often but it's interesting that so many people experience slow service. I wonder why that is. You would think the QUICK service windows would be able to dole out the beverages and pre-made food in a timely manner.

They should. They can't. Slow service for what is essentially food that is pre-made is one of my biggest pet peeves. I waited 5 to 10 minutes one time at Cocina Cucamonga to get my lunch for 3 ready for service and I was the only person in line.

chahn
09-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I liked the BLT Flatbread Pizza. DH liked the Pastrami burger. Half a BLT pizza with an Apple & Cheddar salad is one of my favorite Disneyland meals these days.

THpoohbear
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
I really, really enjoy the flatbread. Delicious. DH really enjoys the sausage on the pretzel roll. We both were delighted by the black forest cupcake. But, DH tried the pastrami burger and wasn't impressed. Said he wished he had ordered the sausage instead! I never, and I mean never, went there before. Now it is one of my go to spots. Especially if the weather is bad outside and I can get a table inside.