PDA

View Full Version : The End of Main Street Windows?

Wanda Woman
06-16-2003, 12:44 PM
A friend just told me the animated display windows outside of the Emporium are going away very soon. Apparently, the Merchandising folk have been battling to get the space the windows take up so they can put out more merchandise (more plush toys, no doubt) and have finally won the war. The Nemo window displays, which are finally finished, will never be put into the windows.

How sad!! The window displays are such a tradition! Granted, they have become much less elaborate lately, but I still liked them.

Anything for another buck, I guess.

WW

RStar
06-16-2003, 12:47 PM
I hope that's not true!

Use to be that when a new movie would come out from Disney, I would look forward to going to DL to see the new windows and show or parade. The show or parade part has long been gone, and now the windows!:mad: :crying:

tod
06-16-2003, 02:25 PM
I hope it isn't true. One of my favorite moments at Disneyland recently was looking at the Lilo and Stitch pound scene and pointing out the bag of Kanine Krunchies dog food to my kids. They didn't get it until I 'splained it to them.

In another related story, have you noticed the beautiful Finding Nemo display in the window of the Emporium-like store at DCA, with the Marlin and Dory fish dwarfed by a gigantic shark? Meybe the display windows have just moved across the Esplanade...

--T

cstephens
06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by tod
In another related story, have you noticed the beautiful Finding Nemo display in the window of the Emporium-like store at DCA, with the Marlin and Dory fish dwarfed by a gigantic shark? Meybe the display windows have just moved across the Esplanade...
--T

That's a similar display to the ones being used in theatres to advertise the film.

I'd have to say that I'd have to hear it from a reliable source before I'd believe this. I didn't figure there would be windows up for "Finding Nemo" since it's a Pixar picture and I don't recall Pixar movies ever getting windows. I figured the next set of Emporium windows would be for "Brother Bear".

Germboy
06-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I hope this isn't true. What next...:rolleyes:

Pirate33
06-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Yes, those windows are very much part of Disneyland's magic. You can't see anything quite like them anywhere else. They make a strong impression as one enters and leaves the park -- about quality, attention to detail and uniqueness. The management would be mad to remove them.

stitch626
06-21-2003, 10:56 PM
Why haven't they changed the windows in Disneyland, at least? The theme is still Tresure Planet... They should put Nemo before they take these windows away.

Pony Sugrue
06-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Well that breaks the heart if it is true.

I think they should find a empty building (Tomorrowland has a few) and just put up all those old displays through the years in a long walk through... sorta like Sleeping beauty's Castle walk-through.

Of course, it would get rather bogged down as a walk-through. It would have been a nice slow down part on the PEOPLEMOVER... "now go back in time as we relive moments from some of the greatest WALT DISNEY films in these fabulous Dioramas"... of course they got rid of the PEOPLEMOVER for the highly successful (and expensive) ROCKET RODS. Thank you Mr Pressler.

I think Jay Rasulo needs to keep these dioramas going. We're counting on you Mr Rasulo.