PDA

View Full Version : Changing from 3 day Park Hopper to 4 day Park Hopper question?

charlene1974
09-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Sorry for being stupid, but I hope someone would be able to help me with this. We booked our trip through AAA. We are leaving in about 2 weeks. We already received our 3 day tickets.

Well, my hubby was thinking, since the park will close at midnight the day we arrived, we will have time to hit the parks once we get into town.

I called AAA and asked if I was able to go to one of the offices and upgrade to a 4 day park hopper. They said no. Well, my question is this: Will it be possible once we get to the Disneyland, can we upgrade to a 4 day ticket? Or will we have to just buy a 1 day ticket for each of us at the full price?

I knew when we planned I should have picked the 4 day tickets, but my hubby said no, figured we'd be too tired from driving, but now, he wants to go the day we get there!

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks everyone!
Charlene

tea4two
09-23-2011, 11:30 PM
As long as your tickets have not yet been used, you should be able to go to any ticket booth before you enter the parks and upgrade. You will pay the difference between the value of your current tickets and the upgraded ones. We did this last year with 1 day/1 park tickets, which we upgraded to 2 day park hoppers without any problems.

3Princesses1Prince
09-23-2011, 11:48 PM
You can use them first. As long as they are still valid you can upgrade. You will pay the difference between what you paid and the gate price of the 4 day.

Malcon10t
09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
It is always worth it to try and go to the DTD office of WDTC and see if they will upgrade your tickets at the online price. If WDTC will do it for you, it will be $20 per person, if they can't, then its the $35 gate price difference.

candles71
09-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Oh, and AAA can't do it in office, because they only are receiving the 3 day hoppers in office anymore. (Both of my local offices have reported this.)
I would follow Mal's advice and try WDTC office first when you get there.

Malcon10t
09-24-2011, 12:38 PM
WDTC is open from 9 or 10 am to 2pm. So, don't expect to do this in the evening. It is located in DTD, across from Rain Forest, around the corner from Compass Books. If you are in front of Compass books looking at it, go to the right to the end of the store, turn left and it is the next office space.

tea4two
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM
You can use them first. As long as they are still valid you can upgrade. You will pay the difference between what you paid and the gate price of the 4 day.

This is probably correct, but the CM who helped us kept emphasizing (for whatever reason) that our tickets had to be unused for him to upgrade them. So you might want to call DL just to double check on this before you first enter the park.

Malcon10t
09-24-2011, 01:55 PM
This is probably correct, but the CM who helped us kept emphasizing (for whatever reason) that our tickets had to be unused for him to upgrade them. So you might want to call DL just to double check on this before you first enter the park.I have upgraded a 2 day hopper to a 3 day hopper at guest relations on the 2nd day.

tea4two
09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
That's good to know. It certainly makes things easier for the OP.

charlene1974
09-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Thank you everyone for the info...I really appreciate it.

One other question...with AAA we get free parking. If we go and upgrade our passes from 3 day to 4 day, will we still keep the free parking or will that be taken away since we're now getting our tickets from Disney itself and not AAA? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again!

quackinup
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
One other question...with AAA we get free parking. If we go and upgrade our passes from 3 day to 4 day, will we still keep the free parking or will that be taken away since we're now getting our tickets from Disney itself and not AAA? I hope that makes sense.

If so then I would wait until the third day to do the upgrade, then you only pay one day of parking.