PDA

View Full Version : Has a ride ever surprised you?

Goodnplenty
09-23-2011, 05:54 AM
DH and I were discussing all the rides we can't wait to go on when we get back to DL/DCA in November. And one of the rides that we are really looking forward to, is a a ride that surprised us last year. We were trying to find rides in DCA that we had never tried and decided to go on Francis' Ladybug Boogie. Well, much to our surprised we absolutely loved that ride! We were laughing and getting spun around and well, it was just a hoot. And yet, we were sure when we first got on it that it was "just a kiddy ride" and we wouldn't be too impressed.

So here's my question. Have any of you gone on a ride and were pleasantly surprised? Was the ride even more fun than you thought? Maybe one that you had always passed by?

Thanks for sharing.
GnP.....I can't wait to get back on Ladybug Boogie! ;)

Vegitabeta
09-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Well, actually one in DLP which I think is very similar to the Ladybug Boogie (haven't been to DCA in a few years) is the Cars ride in Walt Disney Studios. Looks like a kids ride but is quite exciting and fast!

Bytebear
09-23-2011, 08:11 AM
We don't do Bugs Land very often, but we have been surprised that the rides there are quite fun. I just wish Heimlich's Chew Chew was longer.

oregontraveler
09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Since this is in the DLR section , the only ride where I was surprised was Soarin'. That exceeded expectations the first time. In Orlando, going on Pooh the first time was a hoot. Space Mtn. in Paris (1997) was thrilling. The initial launch into the corkscrew caught me & my brother off guard. And the ride photo is proof of that.

MidwayManiac
09-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Francis' Ladybug Boogie. Well, much to our surprised we absolutely loved that ride! We were laughing and getting spun around and well, it was just a hoot. And yet, we were sure when we first got on it that it was "just a kiddy ride" and we wouldn't be too impressed.

GnP.....I can't wait to get back on Ladybug Boogie! ;)

I share your opinion on this. Francis is one of my favorite rides. It's faster and more fun than tea cups and you don't have to do work to make it spin.

cstephens
09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I already knew how good Disney was at doing rides, but I was also pretty jaded about special effects in rides and whatnot. That being said, the first time I went on the Indiana Jones ride, I was completely blown away at how amazing it was. I was with a friend, and even though the wait was an hour or two, we kept just getting back in line. I think we rode it 3 times that day.

The other amazing experience, one I wish I could recapture and relive, is my first ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday. We'd already gotten the holiday version of it's a small world, so an "overlay" of another attraction sounded cool, but I completely didn't expect what I saw. Pure wonderment, especially when you leave the attic and get your first glimpse of the graveyard ... transformed. Simply amazing.

candles71
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Francis' spins faster when the "larger" person(s) sit by the door. If you can lean part way off the seat into the door it helps, too.

Heimlich is my chioce. We LOVE Heimlich. Everytime I make chicken pot pie someone says "but I don't want carrots in my eyes"....