PDA

View Full Version : Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of an awful trip [Pirates]

MonorailMan
06-16-2003, 11:00 AM
...a three padder tour, a three padder tour………

innerSpaceman, zapppop, and I took a quick trip on POTC, during the break between Belive..., and the 10:00 Fantasmic! Well, this had to be the worst show I've ever seen!

As were whisked away from the dock, the new annoying spiel behind us, the first thing we notice, is that the water level is really low. Throughout the whole bayou, you could see the sides of the flume.

As we leaned through the drops, the water level is so low, that as we splash down, the whole flume sides are visible. As we round the corner, into the "dead" scene, we notice new props around the "Stow Yer Weapons" area, and a new, god awful, WED cup in the "Captain's Quarters". The treasure scene is chocked full of new stuff, plus a new purple light to boot.

Now, after we drifted through the fog less battle scene, which also has some new lights, and the best shadow fighting! We come to quiet Carlos. Carlos' audio is totally missing! No, dead goats, this time, though. Then, as we continued to drift along, we got to the burning village. Everything works great in here now! Plus, the hat guy is back! Also, some of the burning corridors, were brighter. Plus, the parrot is great! :D

Then, as we get to the jail scene, we see franken-dog! The new head looks really strange, and really creepy. The fur colors don't even match anymore! Also, the skeleton bag is fresh, and is almost blinding white.

So, to wrap it up, while there was some new stuff, the bad show is still there, and let's hope Carlos' audio doesn't turn into a Haunted Mansion thing!

Gemini Cricket
06-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
[B Plus, the hat guy is back![/B]
Yay! I was wondering about that guy. The last time I rode it, he was MIA.

Thanks for the update on Pirates. :)

Christiii
06-16-2003, 03:43 PM
hey..why did they ever put a shirt on the guy pushing treasure at the end of the ride?? I alwasy looked at how real his arms look, and now during the past year or two..they put a shirt on him..never could figure that one out!
Also..I run a dept of an Entertainment Prod. company, and our sister company out in LA called and needed some equipment for..get this..the POTC premiere! I just about died, since I dont have what he needs..since I was going to have to put it up and maintain it personally!! hah! Im still trying to worm my way in there....

Ghoulish Delight
06-16-2003, 04:14 PM
The water level may have been an unavoidable result of the drop off of ridership while the two Fantasmic! showings run. Pirates had had a decent line the entire day until right before the first show started. As such, it was probably running at near full capacity. When that happens, a lot of water gets displaced and they have to drain water out as the water level gets too high and begins to soak the boats. If that was the case, then once peopel stopped riding in favor of watching the show, the sudden drop off in capacity would stop displacing that water. Who knows how long it would take to refill it to a proper level, or even if they bother considering that the park was going to close an hour form when you rode it.

Morrigoon
06-16-2003, 05:27 PM
I have heard a rumor that could explain the lack of fog.... unfortunately, it's not something I should discuss. Let's hope that the fog was not the cause and that it returns soon.

DisneyFan25863
06-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Has anyone seen that new rock that makes it look like the wall is flipping you off? :rolleyes:

Laffite
06-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
I have heard a rumor that could explain the lack of fog.... unfortunately, it's not something I should discuss. Let's hope that the fog was not the cause and that it returns soon.
Goodness. When I rode it last Sunday, the battle was so full of fog you couldn't see anything :confused:

Warm regards,
Preston.

Laffite
06-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Has anyone seen that new rock that makes it look like the wall is flipping you off? :rolleyes:
No, but the pirate rock at the end of the 2nd drop has ben toned down quite a bit. You can hardly see him now :(

Preston

BTMichael
06-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
Goodness. When I rode it last Sunday, the battle was so full of fog you couldn't see anything :confused:

Warm regards,
Preston.
That may be the point. If it was too thick for you to see, it might have been too thick for the surveillance cameras. This may be a safety issue.

BTMichael

Morrigoon
06-16-2003, 07:44 PM
It might be too thick for some other things too....

RStar
06-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
It might be too thick for some other things too....

Too thick to hold two avocados?

Morrigoon
06-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Cute, but I'm not going to elaborate further.