PDA

View Full Version : What's up next for DLR?

nowen1
09-21-2011, 07:49 AM
After Carsland and the Princess Fair redo what is up next? Heard some things about a Tomorrowland redo, but how long have we heard that? Anyone know with a little more certainty?

iceman559
09-21-2011, 09:25 AM
After Carsland and the Princess Fair redo what is up next? Heard some things about a Tomorrowland redo, but how long have we heard that? Anyone know with a little more certainty?

I doubt there'll be anything major for a while. I mean, after what's essentially a complete rebuilding of DCA, including addition of an entire new land, and also now the fantasy village thing, I doubt Disney will be looking to spend even more money anytime soon. Probably won't help the budget now that they just inked a deal with James Cameron/Fox and will be building an entire new land at AK in WDW (in addition to all of the remodeling going on at MK there), and possibly new lands at the other parks (the licensing deal is global).

Drince88
09-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I agree with iceman -- plus, ANYTHING heard at this time, beyond the DCA and Fantasyland redos would be with very little certainty - it'd all be rumors.

MadasaHatter
10-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm sure there is something up their sleeves as there is always maintenance and budgets are probably set WAY ahead of time. BUt all good points. The Jolly Holiday Bakery was pretty much a secret right up until it appeared right?

olegc
10-09-2011, 01:56 PM
yeah - look for lots of marketing programs and specials. I think the only "new" things you may see are special events like the AP soundsational coming up as well as some of the others hinted at by CM George at D23 Expo. Essentially bringing back old attractions (that they can) for a one night event. and yes, it probably will cost money.

Tomorrowlander
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Disney is being so tight-lipped for anything beyond DCA's official "reboot" next year ... that all we have are rumors. The same rumors that have been swirling around for the last couple years. (Frontierland expansion, Tomorrowland overhaul). The only thing official - is Disney wants to, "officially", start seeing money pouring in/admissions into DCA with the opening of Carsland. I would not count on any announcements for future attractions .. till some time 2013.

Tomorrowlander
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm sure there is something up their sleeves as there is always maintenance and budgets are probably set WAY ahead of time. BUt all good points. The Jolly Holiday Bakery was pretty much a secret right up until it appeared right?

No ..... the Jolly Holiday Bakery/Plaza Pavilion makeover has been out on the web for almost a year before Disney made their official announcement.

Beside the point - It's hard to get excited over small projects. New paint, restaurant makeovers, Carnation Gardens/Mid-evil Meet & Greet ....... (pardon me) ......... yawn.

For over a decade ... there has always been a steady stream of projects scheduled far enough in advance .. that we always had something new in the pipeline to look forward to.

Now .... in Oct '11 ....... The only CERTAIN projects we do know of .. take us to Summer 2012.

From that point on ........... One big giant mystery.

MadasaHatter
10-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I am more excited for the JOLLY HOLIDAY BAKERY with a re-do of the CARNATION CAFE in hopes of the amazing ICE CREAM parlor coming back than the DCA re-do. One of my rituals was a sundae at the Ice Cream Parlor.

AND I am very excited for the Mid-evil Meet & Greet so the theatre could be used for....hey.....how about.....a THEATRE! Plus it would be really cooling theming even if it isn't my cup of tea....I am mad you know!!!