PDA

View Full Version : Giving thanks to Castmembers?

kikid
09-19-2011, 10:21 AM
I know I've seen a post on this before but I'm unable to locate any info.
So? how do I make sure several CM are given kudos for a job well done on our last trip? Do I write to Disney or do I email guest relations? We were at DCA and DTD for the day
Thank you:)

kingkong5
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought that you should write a note about it at City Hall before you leave. Not sure how to do it when you are not in the park. Good luck though, what did the cm's do sdgo well for you?

cstephens
09-19-2011, 12:16 PM
So? how do I make sure several CM are given kudos for a job well done on our last trip? Do I write to Disney or do I email guest relations? We were at DCA and DTD for the day
Thank you:)

You can use this link on the Disney page (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/)to send them your comments. Be sure to be as specific as possible regarding the CM's name, the date, time and location so that the right CM gets the compliment.

Malcon10t
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you:)You can go to Disneyland's website (disneyland .com) and use their Contact Us. I've done that a few times.

kikid
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you Malcon and Cstephens;
I thought that to be the case but I was hoping for a more, 'direct line'. Email sent with names, date and approx times. I hope they get a pat on the back!

PS Malcon...what 3 trips can one plan at once...just curious ;)

Malcon10t
09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you Malcon and Cstephens;
I thought that to be the case but I was hoping for a more, 'direct line'. Email sent with names, date and approx times. I hope they get a pat on the back!

PS Malcon...what 3 trips can one plan at once...just curious ;)Actually, 4 right now <g> Our big trip in Dec (2 weeks), a trip for Candlelight, a trip for a friend's birthday, and a trip because we may have access to something, and if we do, we might as well go to Disneyland too! We are booked into the Residence for all trips...

lola2009
09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
No Halloweentime trip?

Malcon10t
09-19-2011, 08:28 PM
No Halloweentime trip?No :( ... New puppy would make a trip before Nov too difficult. Even the Nov trip will be rough.

kikid
09-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Actually, 4 right now <g> Our big trip in Dec (2 weeks), a trip for Candlelight, a trip for a friend's birthday, and a trip because we may have access to something, and if we do, we might as well go to Disneyland too! We are booked into the Residence for all trips...

ok! :cool:

bumblebeeonarose
09-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Be sure to be as specific as possible regarding the CM's name, the date, time and location so that the right CM gets the compliment.

Only slightly off topic. While I was at DL this last weekend I was waiting by Star Tours for my husband who was getting FP for SM. Suddenly I see this woman (at least 40) walk up to a CM who was sweeping and cleaning up the area. She starts screaming at him. I was at least 25 ft away so I have no idea what was up. Her mother comes and says a few things with a nasty look on her face. She writes what I can only assume is the CM name on a piece of paper and storms off. The original woman says a few more things and storms off too. I kind of wondered if he threw away some food or something that was theirs. They looked real nasty though and I felt bad for the guy. He just stood there and took it though. On a side note, when my DH and I went to use our FP for SM, the woman shoved past us in line as she caught up with her family who happened to be just in front of us. Fortunately they were not in our rocket.

UsBurchs
09-24-2011, 06:39 PM
When we were at the Walt Disney Family Museum this summer, I was the first person to get to buy the new "WWWD" pins (What Would Walt Do?) that they started selling at their store. It comes with a little note that explains why you are giving the CM you encountered this little pin (which are quite cute and come in several designs). You also go to a site they have set up and can comment on the great service you received. The lady at the store told me that they were going to start selling them online, but I haven't seen where you can do that, as of yet. Anyway, the idea is neat.

Drince88
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
There's been a website, whatwouldwaltdo.com around for quite a while*, and they sell pins online.

*ETA: Based on their copyright dates at the bottom of their website, since 2002.

UsBurchs
09-25-2011, 10:45 AM
There's been a website, whatwouldwaltdo.com around for quite a while*, and they sell pins online.

*ETA: Based on their copyright dates at the bottom of their website, since 2002.

I did finally find that site and noticed the 2002 as well. The lady at the store told me it was new. She also opened up the folder they were selling the pins with and there were THREE pins - she only sold me one. Now I read that there are supposed to be THREE for $15 (not the ONE that I got) so I wrote to the WD Family Museum requesting that they send my other two pins. Hmmmm . . . maybe they were new to them but not NEW new. When I met Jeff Kurti at the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet, (Disney author and co-designer of the museum) he told me they would be getting more WWWD? stuff at the store there. He had a cool bracelet (a la LiveStrong-style) with WWWD? on it. Those would be fun to give out too!

lola2009
09-28-2011, 08:29 AM
No :( ... New puppy would make a trip before Nov too difficult. Even the Nov trip will be rough.

Congratualtions on the new puppy :)