PDA

View Full Version : DCA: World of Color Holiday

Pages : [1] 2

PhineasTheGhost
09-19-2011, 09:19 AM
According to Blue Sky Disney (http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2011/09/holiday-of-color.html) a holiday show will be coming to World of Color. Does anyone have more information on this?

olegc
09-19-2011, 08:12 PM
it was mentioned on several fan web sites last holiday... so my guess is the rumors are going to be true..

gdisney
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow, that would be awesome!

PhineasTheGhost
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Does anyone else picture the scene from Toy Story 1 at the end when they are listening to Andy getting his presents in the WoCC(hristmas)?

MadasaHatter
09-24-2011, 09:24 AM
gdisney....Love the BILLY HILL pic!

gdisney
09-29-2011, 12:53 PM

JunJunM3
09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
I wonder if this will be an actual full show or a pre-show similar to what they did for the 4th of July.

PhineasTheGhost
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I heard it's gonna be an aftershow. The most info I have at the moment is it will feature Prep & Landing.

dban3
10-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I heard it's gonna be an aftershow. The most info I have at the moment is it will feature Prep & Landing.

Ugh... The more I read about this, the more its seems like what they will do is add a holiday component to the existing show rather than have an all new holiday WOC show which I was hoping for. I've never seen Prep & Landing, have no interest to do so. Sorry Disney. Wrong demographic I guess.

PhineasTheGhost
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
It will also feature some stuff from Nightmare Before Christmas. The only reason I know any of this is because of the MatterCam, so I only have seen projections on Screamin's loop.

Maus
10-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Though I'm disappointed if it's not an all-new holiday show I love Prep & Landing! I'm not sure what demographic you're referring to but I'm probably not it.

dban3
10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Though I'm disappointed if it's not an all-new holiday show I love Prep & Landing! I'm not sure what demographic you're referring to but I'm probably not it.

Old guy. Grown kids. Never watched the Disney Channel in my life. No clue who/what Prep & Landing are - that demographic. I imagine there are a few of us left.

Ha! I just saw another thread about Phineas and Ferb. I couldn't pick Prep, Landing, Phineas, or Ferb out of a police lineup. Man, am I a dinosaur....

azza29
10-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Ha! I just saw another thread about Phineas and Ferb. I couldn't pick Prep, Landing, Phineas, or Ferb out of a police lineup. Man, am I a dinosaur....

Don't feel too bad, I'm barely out of my teens and have no idea who these characters are either ;)

Aysle
10-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Prep & Landing is a great Xmas short... my 5 (3yr at the time) old loved it and watches it every Xmas for the past 2 years... Hallmark has the props this year and he is gonna be one of the elfs for Halloween.

Phineas and Ferb is just a great show... Im 33 and its my favorite show to watch with my 5 yr old. Its just a great show about using your imagination...

cstephens
10-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Old guy. Grown kids. Never watched the Disney Channel in my life. No clue who/what Prep & Landing are - that demographic. I imagine there are a few of us left.

Yeah, Disney Channel wouldn't do you any good for watching "Prep and Landing" - it was a special on ABC (http://abc.go.com/shows/prep-and-landing).

And you really shouldn't make assumptions about "demographics". It makes your comments sound extremely ignorant.

gdisney
10-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeah, Disney Channel wouldn't do you any good for watching "Prep and Landing" - it was a special on ABC (http://abc.go.com/shows/prep-and-landing).

And you really shouldn't make assumptions about "demographics". It makes your comments sound extremely ignorant.

Yeah, he pretty much admitted he was ignorant to this stuff, and I see no problem with his comments. His demographic assumption is, I think valid, given that he has no young kids which would make him likely to be exposed to this stuff. I have no kids, and I'm ignorant too - I'm 36, an annual passholder, and my last name is Disney, and I've never heard of Prep and Landing. I have HEARD of Phineas and Ferb, but like dban3 I couldn't pick them out of a lineup either.

Teddi
10-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Maybe someone who stays at the PP in the week or so before Christmastime starts can give us a sneak peek. They did full testing of the 4th of July special at exactly 1 a.m. on July 4th (night of the 3rd). They are likely to do a testing run through of this too. So if you are staying parkside at the PP before the official start of Christmas keep your eyes open.

dban3
10-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, he pretty much admitted he was ignorant to this stuff, and I see no problem with his comments. His demographic assumption is, I think valid, given that he has no young kids which would make him likely to be exposed to this stuff. I have no kids, and I'm ignorant too - I'm 36, an annual passholder, and my last name is Disney, and I've never heard of Prep and Landing. I have HEARD of Phineas and Ferb, but like dban3 I couldn't pick them out of a lineup either.

Your honor. I wish to plead guilty to those who have passed judgement on me for being ignorant. I am. While l'm at it, I will also confess to being a moron, a boob, a clown, a putz, and a loser for not knowing a thing about Mr's Prep, Landing, Phineas, and Ferb. I'm sure they are fine upstanding citizens and highly regarded pillars of the Disney community

May god have mercy on my soul.

PhineasTheGhost
10-06-2011, 06:14 AM
You just proved you have no idea what Prep & Landing is. Those aren't there names.

Malcon10t
10-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Yeah, he pretty much admitted he was ignorant to this stuff, and I see no problem with his comments. His demographic assumption is, I think valid, given that he has no young kids which would make him likely to be exposed to this stuff. I have no kids, and I'm ignorant too - I'm 36, an annual passholder, and my last name is Disney, and I've never heard of Prep and Landing. I have HEARD of Phineas and Ferb, but like dban3 I couldn't pick them out of a lineup either.Ummm, I have no young children and I understand what Prep and Landing is.... And I think it would be very entertaining! I hope to se it at least once.

findin mickeys
10-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Count me among the ignorant. I have never heard of "Prep and Landing" (though I have actually seen a couple episodes of Phineas and Ferb). Out of curiosity I looked up Prep and Landing. It looks like it would be a pretty good holiday movie for the kids and I would most likely watch it if it was on. Here is the IMDB synopsys if you are interested:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474311/

dban3
10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
You just proved you have no idea what Prep & Landing is. Those aren't there names.

Oh fudge. Now I'm really confused.

Blacksheep Uncle
10-09-2011, 07:31 AM
too add to the confusion...I'm old (ish) and the my personal highlight of the D23 convention was the Prep & Landing preview and panel discussion, I love Prep & Landing :) ...

and Prep & Landing isn't strictly a "Disney" thing, it's an animated Christmas special like Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer or How the Grinch Stole Christmas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-johRsMueIU

anyway don't have much to add about WoC, I'm not a big fan of it...

MadasaHatter
10-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I just watched Prep & Landing BLACKSHEEP UNCLE....thank you for the link. So flipping cute. I approve.

danyoung
10-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I can understand your lumping Prep and Landing in with the other dreck currently on the Disney Channel. But I urge you to give it a look if you have the chance this holiday season. It really is a very cleverly written show, having to do with the team that works for Santa Claus to prep a site and then direct the landing of the big guy. Here's a bit more about it -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474311/