PDA

View Full Version : Any Changes to HMH or Ghost Galaxy this year?

Lukeed
09-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Curious, if there are any changes this year (other than the gingerbread house). I apologize if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

spectromen
09-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Rode both today and didn't notice anything. New gingerbread house is very cool. Wheels on Space Mtn cars are, again, rubbing the track metal to metal. This seems to happen 6-8 mos after they re-urethane them each time...

cstephens
09-18-2011, 10:48 AM
I did notice something missing from HMH this year. I'm hoping they just forgot to put him out and will remember soon. There were a couple of elements repeated in places I didn't recall them being in previous years.

fairestoneofall
09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
LOVE the gingerbread display this year.

cstephens- You have me reeling. I didn't notice anything missing. I'll look again next weekend.

bumblebeeonarose
09-18-2011, 08:42 PM
It smelled like gingerbread in the dining area. I love how Disney can do that.

I'd never seen either before. Space Mountain was fun (as always), but I could take or leave the overlay. People must love i though because wait times were longer for it than Star Tours (we used FP). We LOVED Haunted Mansion. I think that alone will convince my DH that we need to take another 2 day trip in at the begining of my Winter Break before block outs.

cstephens
09-19-2011, 12:19 AM
cstephens- You have me reeling. I didn't notice anything missing. I'll look again next weekend.

There's a monkey bride usually in the area where the normal bride is in the attic. Sometimes, it's a little more hidden, and sometimes, it's on the right side instead, but it's been there the last few years. We didn't see her on our ride.

fairestoneofall
09-19-2011, 06:29 AM
cstephens- I was totally distracted by something else that DS4 was pointing out to me in that area, I didn't even notice.

cstephens
09-19-2011, 06:42 AM
I realized that I forgot to notice if something else was there.

Was Oogie with his cymbals there? You'd think he'd be hard to miss, but I totally can't remember if I saw/heard him. We were on the lookout for "Sally's box" - there's always one box wrapped using wrapping paper that's the pattern of Sally's dress. We actually found two this time - one is the normal square one, and there was a second round one too.

Goodnplenty
09-19-2011, 08:06 AM
This is a great thread. I'm really enjoying the spoilers that tell you what to look for. Since I only see this display once a year it's really wonderful to get tips on what to look for. I never realized there were hidden things there.

GnP

rickosuave1987
09-19-2011, 08:13 AM
I noticed one thing missing from Ghost Galaxy:

The ghost didn't seem to follow you around one of the corners like he was chasing you. I remember it from last year, but I didn't notice it yesterday.

But other than that, I didn't see anything different. And we didn't get a chance to ride HMH.

cstephens
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't think spoilers are really necessary at this late date, but I'm using them just in case. The missing element I mentioned previously in HMH is back.

We went on the ride on Saturday night, and the monkey bride is back! It's on the left side, between where the piano player would be and where the normal bride would be. It wasn't too far back and not too hard to see. It's got a beating heart too. :)

Oh, and yes, Oogie with the cymbals is indeed in the ride in the attic.

dlfansx4
10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't think spoilers are really necessary at this late date, but I'm using them just in case. The missing element I mentioned previously in HMH is back.

We went on the ride on Saturday night, and the monkey bride is back! It's on the left side, between where the piano player would be and where the normal bride would be. It wasn't too far back and not too hard to see. It's got a beating heart too. :)

Oh, and yes, Oogie with the cymbals is indeed in the ride in the attic.

I was just going to comment that he has been there this whole season. My kids were there on the day it opened (or the day after, I can't remember) and said that they found him. LOL - we just discovered him last year so now we know to look. Unfortunately, my DS is bad with directions and told me to look on the right so I missed him when I rode, LOL.

tea4two
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Is the monkey the same as the ghost bride? We did the Holiday Tour last year, and the guide mentioned looking for the ghost bride (small doll dressed as a bride with a red glowing heart) in the attic. We found her, but haven't yet found her this year. Is the monkey another bride in the same general area? So far, we've found the packages with Sally's dress pattern paper and Oogie with his cymbals. Anything else to look for?

cstephens
10-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Is the monkey the same as the ghost bride? We did the Holiday Tour last year, and the guide mentioned looking for the ghost bride (small doll dressed as a bride with a red glowing heart) in the attic.

I think it's the same thing. I can't imagine why it's called a ghost bride, though - seriously, it's a monkey.

TIMBO
10-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I noticed one thing missing from Ghost Galaxy:

The ghost didn't seem to follow you around one of the corners like he was chasing you. I remember it from last year, but I didn't notice it yesterday.

But other than that, I didn't see anything different. And we didn't get a chance to ride HMH.

It was there all last week while we rode....

tea4two
10-29-2011, 11:24 PM
I read somewhere that the monkey bride is named Sarah. Does anyone know why?

cstephens
01-01-2012, 02:30 AM
We went on Haunted Mansion Holiday tonight/this morning (it was 1:30am), and I noticed a hidden Mickey I hadn't seen before. We didn't see the hidden Mickey that's customarily on the table in the ballroom so we just thought it was gone. Well, in the ballroom scene, when you just enter, where the hearse has come through the wall, there's snow on the ground. Right at the front of that, on the left side of the bank of snow, there is a distinctive hidden Mickey made of snow on the ground!