PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary

Pirate Girl
06-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know what (if any) special events are going to happen for the 50th anniversary? Is July 17 going to be aregular admission day?

Morrigoon
06-15-2003, 12:43 AM
They will do something for the 50th, but they don't know what, and everyone's scrambling because they only have 2 years to figure it out.

IndyBones
06-15-2003, 01:04 AM
I bet its going to be a blockout day for everyone.

jerjer2005
06-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Both responses are COMPLETELY wrong.

Plans have been made for the 50th but are being kept under raps until further notice.

so far this is what we know is going to happen
-new space mountain
-castle is going to be painted gold
-another new attraction (most likely Buzz Lightyear)
-a new parade
*(disneyland is recieveing a new parade featuring the recycled snow globes from the walts 100th parade at WDW)

refering to the actual date of the 50th aniversary

Im sure there will be festivities but they will not be advertised as there will be enough people there anyway and enough press to fill the place itself lol.

refering to the thought of it being a black out date for everyone.

Not true nor possible. Premium annual passholders buy there passes to be able to visit the park 365 days a year. meaning any day disneyland is open we can be there. when you buy the pass you have these rights. now unless the socal is blacked out normally (which it probably is) and maybe even delux pass holders they thye would not be able to attend without paying the $25.00 fee to get in.

GeminiAngel
06-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know what month they will kick-off the 50th celebration???

mousketeer
06-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by GeminiAngel

No, but it will probably last in total 18 months.

DisneyFan25863
06-15-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking somewhere in Fall, 2004 :)

AVP
06-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by GeminiAngel

April, 2005 is the date I've been hearing - it's an 18-month thing, that will end before Holiday 2006.

AVP

jerjer2005
06-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Iv been told by a cast member that it will run from fall 2004 where the new parade will run for 1-2 months, go down for the christmas parade and then back up for the remaining time of the event. Lets just hope that once the celebration ends they dont just keep the parade and re-name it like the did with 45th aniversary parade/parade of the stars.

Baloo
06-15-2003, 10:26 PM
posted by Jerjer2005
"-castle is going to be painted gold
-a new parade
*(disneyland is recieveing a new parade featuring the recycled snow globes from the walts 100th parade at WDW)"

From my understanding eventhough it was considered the painting of the castle gold is no longer happening.

Not a new parade but two new parades are being considered. One for Dsineyland and another for DCA and NO it is not a recycled 100th snow globe parade from WDW.

The anniversary date falls on a Sunday.
deluxe passports does not have a block out day on sundays in JUly but the southern California pass has the whole month of July blacked out

Scamp
06-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Which singers/bands is going to perform at the 50th anniversary show?

This is the night...

alohastichy
06-24-2003, 07:36 PM
so, I'm going to post this mysteriously... but here's what's going on (starting the set-up this fall)

* Snow White show (at Fantasyland Theater)
* Floodlights (think space lights) circling the entire park
* Tinker Bell flying EVERYWHERE... yes....EVERYWHERE...

:) YAY!!!!

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 09:50 PM
concerning the parade...
every cast member i have talked to has told me that YES we are getting the recycled snow globe parade. 4 or 5 cast members have told me this. (i personally would like this parade to come to DL)

concerning the castle...
I dont know where you heard it but all of my sources have told me that the castle WILL take on a golden hew. (maybe not totally gold but as i said a GOLD HEW)

concerning tink...
havnt heard anything about this and really dont know how it would be accomplished

concerning DCA parade...
I havnt heard anything about this eaither... the cheapest and most logical thing to do would be to bring back Eureka! but whatever the "new DCA parade is it will have nothing to do with DL 50th. that would make no sense

concerning starting date...
I think its pretty well know that it will run from fall of 2004 probably october (this would give them time after the summer rush to do any final touch ups and stuff, while giving them atleast a short time of the celebration running before the christmas festivities begin)

I guess only time will tell. I hope we will get a press release soon to clear all of this up

HBTiggerFan
06-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
Both responses are COMPLETELY wrong.

And you know this how?

Plans have been made for the 50th but are being kept under raps until further notice.

I have no doubt about this. They will probably be unveiled in some sort of press release.

so far this is what we know is going to happen
-new space mountain
-castle is going to be painted gold
-a new parade
*(disneyland is recieveing a new parade featuring the recycled snow globes from the walts 100th parade at WDW)

You just said "Plans have been made for the 50th but are being kept under raps until further notice."

refering to the actual date of the 50th aniversary

Im sure there will be festivities but they will not be advertised as there will be enough people there anyway and enough press to fill the place itself lol.

I'm not so sure...that is a HUGE date. Then again most of DLs attendance is from Locals and AP holders. Those who care will already be there...

refering to the thought of it being a black out date for everyone.

Not true nor possible. Premium annual passholders buy there passes to be able to visit the park 365 days a year. meaning any day disneyland is open we can be there. when you buy the pass you have these rights. now unless the socal is blacked out normally (which it probably is) and maybe even delux pass holders they thye would not be able to attend without paying the $25.00 fee to get in.

Everything is subject to change without notice including the AP admission. Though I doubt the 50th will fill to capacity. IMHO the only ones who care about the exact dates and will make an extra effort to be there are the diehards, and I highly doubt will force the park to capacity.

Originally posted by jerjer2005 Iv been told by a cast member that it will run from fall 2004 where the new parade will run for 1-2 months, go down for the christmas parade and then back up for the remaining time of the event. Lets just hope that once the celebration ends they dont just keep the parade and re-name it like the did with 45th aniversary parade/parade of the stars.

And we all know that what CMs say is true. Lets call it what it is. A rumor.

Originally posted by jerjer2005
concerning the parade...
every cast member i have talked to has told me that YES we are getting the recycled snow globe parade. 4 or 5 cast members have told me this. (i personally would like this parade to come to DL)

See above.

concerning the castle...
I dont know where you heard it but all of my sources have told me that the castle WILL take on a golden hew. (maybe not totally gold but as i said a GOLD HEW)

Please state your sources.

concerning tink...
havnt heard anything about this and really dont know how it would be accomplished

Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean anything. I'm 110% sure that Disney doesn't come to you with all their plans.

concerning DCA parade...
I havnt heard anything about this eaither... the cheapest and most logical thing to do would be to bring back Eureka! but whatever the "new DCA parade is it will have nothing to do with DL 50th. that would make no sense

See above.

concerning starting date...
I think its pretty well know that it will run from fall of 2004 probably october (this would give them time after the summer rush to do any final touch ups and stuff, while giving them atleast a short time of the celebration running before the christmas festivities begin)

I'm thinking AVP is more in the ballpark.

I guess only time will tell. I hope we will get a press release soon to clear all of this up

I agree here.

JerJer,
A friendly note. If you want to spout rumors please feel free to do so, but please don't phrase it in such a way that makes it seem like it is 110% true, when in reality it is nothing but a rumor.

alohastichy
06-25-2003, 05:45 AM
I don't consider it a rumor when it comes from a crew manager.

As for Tink... I'd love to go into detail on how, but I really don't want to ruin all of the magic. They start soon though, since that crew has LOTS to do in the upcoming months.

DisneyFan25863
06-25-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by alohastichy
I don't consider it a rumor when it comes from a crew manager.

As for Tink... I'd love to go into detail on how, but I really don't want to ruin all of the magic. They start soon though, since that crew has LOTS to do in the upcoming months.

I understand completly. I'm sure a great person like you wouldn't fall for any bribing (http://www.sees.com/home.cfm), either, right?