PDA

View Full Version : Ideas, Ideas, Ideas...

Pages : [1] 2 3

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 11:07 AM
I have an idea for a super cool ride at Disneyland. It would be neato!

Where can I submit my idea? Is there any place on the Disney imagineering website?

HBTiggerFan
06-14-2003, 11:12 AM
You can always write a comment card in City Hall...but don't expect to get royalities for your idea, Disney will steal it and present it as it's own. That is if it gets created to begin with. Remember with the budget scale backs they are into cloning rides, not making new ones.

cemeinke
06-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Actually Disney is very concerned about getting sued for using other people's ideas, so by submitting your idea you practicly garuntee that it will never be implemented.

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Do any of you know what my idea is?

Where can I submit it?

lazyboy97O
06-14-2003, 12:43 PM
The Disney website actually used to have a forn where you could submit ideas to the Imagineers. You wouldn't get royalties. I guess now the only was to go be an Imagineer.

Morrigoon
06-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Disney has a policy for accepting submissions:

Take submission, do not look at it, promptly seal in envelope and send to Disney legal where it will be disposed of.

Not Afraid
06-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
Do any of you know what my idea is?

I have consulted my crystal ball and it is showing nothing. I wonder what that means?

Morrigoon
06-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Let me put it this way: I currently have an idea but I've been told to hang on to it while they hammer out the legalities of accepting ideas from CMs. Yes, you read that right.... right now they can't even accept them from CMs. The good news is apparently they're trying to find a way.

HBTiggerFan
06-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I have consulted my crystal ball and it is showing nothing. I wonder what that means?

[handing NA the crystal ball fixing tool]Here you go, this may help...of course it is Saturday the 14th....[/handing NA the crystal ball fixing tool]

Dexter
06-14-2003, 01:10 PM
NA, I PM'd you an update to your Crystal Ball, did it not take or is the ball refusing to boot?:)

Not Afraid
06-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
NA, I PM'd you an update to your Crystal Ball, did it not take or is the ball refusing to boot?:)

Thanks for th update but, even after, it's a no go. I think it might be time to upgrade by CA to CBv8.6.

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 01:45 PM
So, by what I am hearing, you padders say that no ideas may be submitted. Although, maybe I'll submit my idea here on mouseplanet. Maybe I'll tell you guys my idea a little later on today...

So, are you people SURE that you can't submit ideas?

cemeinke
06-14-2003, 01:48 PM
So, are you people SURE that you can't submit ideas?

I believe if you tell a Disney Cast member, their emplyee handbook gives them instructions on passing the infformation on to Disney's legal department - don't think anyone in imagineering ever sees it.

Best bet is to become an imagineer

cemeinke
06-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Oops, I almost forgot - don't you waive your copyright to MousePad that you post here - I thought I saw that somewhere in the community standards?

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 02:00 PM
O.K., since I can't submit my ideas, here is my idea that I would have taken into Disney:

Ishdie kdisyy hkdsls jiehsnk skleouuhf slunvks seual siuuiln ksueiou shfueou jdsmlli isjhiopln oseuoutl skouwln souend osusnesad oukuskeull, sklsiurkknsl souskdporikhm.

Woops, I wrote it in squakinese! Wait, let me translate...

TRANSLATION COMING SOON AT A POST NEAR YOU!

Meanwhile, are you people POSITIVE that there is not one place where I may submit my ideas!? At least I submitted my ideas on this site ( even though they are in squakinese). Please, someone, there has to be a place beside MP where I can share my ideas!

Not Afraid
06-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Well, there's Laughingplace.com or Mouseinfo.com. However, I believe they have the same community policies.

Tigertail777
06-14-2003, 02:04 PM
well... there is a future Imagineers contest thing they hold every year, but its pretty involved of all you have to do to submit... have to be in college I beleive, and part of a certain union. Plus you cannot just submit an idea, it has to be fully fleshed out with concept drawings, ride layout, and a basic script. You submit the package to the committee, and if they choose you as a finalist you have to go down on your own money and do a presentation of it all to the judges and an audience. And even if you win it doesnt guarantee anything, generally the winner gets a good shot at being an Imagineering intern for a quarter to a year.

MammaSilva
06-14-2003, 02:04 PM
I think it's fairly safe to say that anything posted on a privately owned board immediately becomes the "property" of the board owners...I've never seen one that didn't have that in their community policy.

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 02:05 PM
There's so many people responding to topics right now, it feels like Instant Messaging! This is so cool!

Honestly, if I write a letter to Disney, will they except my ideas that I put in the letter?

... I bet none of you know my idea!

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
well... there is a future Imagineers contest thing they hold every year, but its pretty involved of all you have to do to submit... have to be in college I beleive, and part of a certain union. Plus you cannot just submit an idea, it has to be fully fleshed out with concept drawings, ride layout, and a basic script. You submit the package to the committee, and if they choose you as a finalist you have to go down on your own money and do a presentation of it all to the judges and an audience. And even if you win it doesnt guarantee anything, generally the winner gets a good shot at being an Imagineering intern for a quarter to a year.

Wow, how cool, Tigertail 777! It counds like a neat contest! I already have the ride layout covered and some concept drawings...

... I think my idea is a pretty good one. Plus, it wouldn't cost that much money to make. I am thinking that my attraction should be in Adventureland. Everyone of all ages can ride it!

HBTiggerFan
06-14-2003, 02:31 PM

Honestly, if I write a letter to Disney, will they except my ideas that I put in the letter?

... I bet none of you know my idea!

Well if Not Afraids crystal ball would work we would all know. :rolleyes: I bet you don't know what I am thinking and frankly now I am starting to think you want us to beg to tell us your idea because this is the second time you've said that you bet none of us know your idea. Actually I don't care what your idea is.

And instead of hounding us for a place to post your idea after we've gave you the options, why don't you call Disney and ask them!

Tigertail777
06-14-2003, 02:33 PM
I think it's fairly safe to say that anything posted on a privately owned board immediately becomes the "property" of the board owners...I've never seen one that didn't have that in their community policy.

Yes I have seen this at many sites, but you know if it came down to an actual court case I dont think even with warnings and such that it would hold water. I know there have been a few minor cases of posting artwork on sites, and then the site claiming it was theirs because it posted on there... the sites invariably lost... why? because you no longer have to even put a copyright on something as soon as its in a fixed tangible form the copyright belongs to the owner, therefore the copyright already belonged to the owner BEFORE posting it. You cannot simply have your copyright surrendered through the mere act of posting it. There is a legality that you cannot force someone to do something in order to use your product or service. An amusement park tried to make people have to sign waivers in order to even enter the park, the court deemed this against the rights of the consumer, and ruled that the park could not force people to do something just to use their services. The only exception is if you are taking extreme risks that you yourself are taking with full knowledge of said risks, such as a waiver to not sue a skydiving company if something happens (which still doesnt entirely cover that company from damages in a lawsuit).

OK all of that said... if you think you can pull it off and are willing to jump all of the many hoops to present it to Disney more power to you. If you want I can ask one of my online friends about the contest.. he just won second place for a Monsters Inc ride idea. But he really deserved that.. he did a full 3d computer animation "tour" of the ride, plus full script, layout and a bunch of other stuff.

CrayZforDisney
06-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Well if Not Afraids crystal ball would work we would all know. :rolleyes: I bet you don't know what I am thinking and frankly now I am starting to think you want us to beg to tell us your idea because this is the second time you've said that you bet none of us know your idea. Actually I don't care what your idea is.

And instead of hounding us for a place to post your idea after we've gave you the options, why don't you call Disney and ask them!

Someone's grumpy! ::COUGH:: HBTiggerFan::COUGH::

I'm just trying to make this topic fun and suspensful! Let me say something to you: hshkeiuc uifthdr juddtbg uytbgds!!!

Oh, sorry, It's in squakiniese, I forgot to transfer it to English!!!

Not Afraid
06-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
OK all of that said... if you think you can pull it off and are willing to jump all of the many hoops to present it to Disney more power to you. If you want I can ask one of my online friends about the contest.. he just won second place for a Monsters Inc ride idea. But he really deserved that.. he did a full 3d computer animation "tour" of the ride, plus full script, layout and a bunch of other stuff.

Ahhhhh, it takes more than an idea to see it come to fruition. I deas are great, but I never put much stock in them (my own included) until I am ready to do the footwork.

Bill Catherall
06-14-2003, 02:54 PM
I bet none of you know my idea! Actually, I know what your idea is.