PDA

View Full Version : Mistake on Disney's site or MousePlanet?

bumblebeeonarose
09-13-2011, 06:15 AM
This was in this morning's update

...A reminder: Disneyland closes at 6 p.m. on Thursday, September 15 due to a private event. The park opens at 9 a.m. Thursday; visitors with Magic Morning access can enter at 8 a.m. Disney California Adventure is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, so it looks like another good night to catch dinner and a movie in Downtown Disney after the theme parks close. Be sure to make reservations—with both parks closed by 8, your walk-up options may be limited.

We are arriving Thursday, and I've checked the times a couple times. I just double checked today. It says that both parks are open until 8pm, and that DL opens at 8am on Friday. I thought this announcement was in last week's update too (though I haven't looked) with a different date. Anyway, if DL website says the park is open till 8, isn't it open until 8?? Is there an error in the update, or is the website wrong?

AVP
09-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Anyway, if DL website says the park is open till 8, isn't it open until 8?? Is there an error in the update, or is the website wrong?I believe the error is in the Update, and I've removed the item. To be 100% honest, I don't know where or how the error was introduced. When the hours for September were posted, I remember thinking it odd that the park was closing early two Thursdays in a row. A cast member I asked said that last week's closure was due to the Disney Legacy awards (it was), and that this week's was due to the cast member scavenger hunt Minnie's Moonlight Madness. Minnie's is actually tonight, so that wasn't it. I don't know if the Disneyland.com schedule had an error that was later fixed, or if I copied something incorrectly.

Sorry to worry you.

Adrienne

ShelbyH
09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Microsoft is having their ginormous thousands-of-people annual Build conference at the convention center this week. Honestly I'm surprised that they aren't having a private party at Disneyland or DCA for one night.

bumblebeeonarose
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for getting back to me Adrienne. That makes me feel better. We are going to go to DCA on Thursday night anyway, since we're going to DL early Friday morning for Halloween fun, but I was worried how that might impact the crowds.