PDA

View Full Version : That soundtrack has stolen my "Kingdom Hearts"

BrerFox
06-13-2003, 01:02 PM
For those of you who are lucky enough to own a Playstation 2 then you have found the joys of Kingdom Hearts. Or for any of you who had a Nintendo you might remember "adventures in the magic kingdom".
Anyway, those of you who have KH know what an awsome sound track that game has!! Every time I here the opening song I just well-up.:crying: It just sounds beautiful!! Its soooooo great!
I'm going to buy it next payday.
But the real reson I posted this tread is for the people who have played the game. It was also on display at Inoventions (for those of you who dare enter serton "Boredom"). I don't know if they've changed the music for "Believe" since the last time I was there.(8/3-6/02) But it would be soooo great to put a piece of the Kingdom Hearts sound track in there!!! That would be true beauty.
That has to be squaresoft and disneys best colaberation for a game ever!!!

- think about it:geek: -

Batmanfan
06-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Speaking of Kingdom Hearts and Disneyland, www.g4tv.com was recently at Disneyland shooting an episode of Cheat! Pringles Gamer's Guide which focused only on Kingdom Hearts.

The show is a half hour I think and when I saw the begining they were outside Innoventions, and then they went inside. I missed the rest of the show, but you can catch it on G4 on your local tv station.

I rented the game and thought it was great for older and younger players.

Gemini Cricket
06-13-2003, 01:14 PM
It is truly a great game.

I played it all the way through by myself and then played it again with a strategy guide. Let's just say the 1st time I spent 50 some odd hours playing the game (there's a counter that keeps track, I didn't play for 50 hours straight). The second time I got through it in 30 hours.

It's a wonderful game.

They even have action figures by Tomy. I bought the Donald Wizard figure.

The song at the beginning got stuck in my head for weeks. It's very cool. It's a sort of Celine Dion meets JPop meets Karaoke song that is really good.

:)

BrerFox
06-13-2003, 01:40 PM
The figure I want is sora and Jack. I work at suncoast (movie store) an we ot all of the figures besides that one!! GGRRrrr!!!

GOD I LOVE THAT GAME!!:fez:

Pat-n-Eil
06-13-2003, 02:51 PM
My kids took all of their old games, the system (Super Nintendo) and old Game Boys, to game crazy and got a PlayStation 2.. and the only game they wanted was Kingdom Hearts.

I haven't even watched them play it, but they seem to love it... Guess I'm going to have to go play it with them now.. :)

mriverej6
06-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Well good for us, to those us that loved playing the game, a sequel is in the works, with even more disney characters and locations (hopefully with the Monsters Inc. characters/location, and Lady and the Tramp).

And if you did like the soundtrack so much and wanted to purchase it, heres a link

click on this (http://www.gamesquareusa.com/Game-Soundtracks/Kingdom-Hearts-Soundtrack/1027/11642/p/gs/CRWOC93FLHROC07BL02EPW71W)

Its a 2 cd soundtrack. so it seems worth it.

But to get back to the original topic, I would love to see some of the soundtrack of KHearts mixed into the Believe fireworks.

DL4EVER
06-13-2003, 04:23 PM
I've heard(and seen the sneak peak trailer of what could possibly be in Kingdom Hearts 2(trailer is at the end of the game if you do some things in the game))that the second one will be void of Disney characters and will be a lot more darker....and it appears as though you will play as Riku.....

Disneyfreak
06-13-2003, 05:24 PM
I liked kingdom hearts but im sorry im an xbox and pc person.:)

rexfarms
06-13-2003, 05:46 PM
The only game that I have ever beat and played to completion was Kingdom Hearts. I love every aspect of it. I unlocked the KH2 thing at the end of the game and KH without Disney just wouldnt be as good. (Thanks Jimmy for letting me borrow your PS2 for such a long time):D

DL4EVER
06-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I think KH without Disney would be fine, because then it wouldn't have to look so cartoony(but that made the game work, but after viewing the KH2 thing, I think they'd both be cool)

I think that KH2 is prolly gonna be darker, especially if it is about Riku.....

cujosr
06-13-2003, 11:26 PM
I work at wal-mart now and I can't get anybody to buy KH!!!:eek: No matter how hard i try no one wants a "Disney Game"

Veritech-1s
06-14-2003, 12:20 AM
square can touch any game and turn it to gold. They are the best in the business, they have the talent and years of experience.

AnimeNut
06-14-2003, 02:55 AM
The song at the beginning?! Please tell me you guys aren't referring to that horrendous dance remix of "Hikari" that plays during the opening FMV. No, no, the true version of "Hikari" by Utada Hikaru (just call her Hikki) plays at the end of the game. I have Hikki's album with the original Japanese version, which is also pretty cool. For all you XM subscribers out there, UPOP (XM 29) plays this song from time to time.

Also, about KH2. I saw a piece in a recent issue of PSM (or maybe it was Offical Playstation Magazine) about the sequel. Apparently, a re-release of the game in Japan includes a longer teaser than the one you can unlock in the American release of KH. The magazine included screenshots, one of which depicted...

(wait for it)

... King Mickey in FULL BATTLE ARMOR. Seriously, you have to see this picture to believe it. I don't know if the teaser is available online, but I'll post back if I find it.

AnimeNut
06-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Okay, I found a website with screenshots from the latest KH2 teaser. It's code-named "Deep Dive". Why, I have no idea.

Here's the screenshot index (http://www.ziddy.net/kh/deepdive/deepdive.html)

These screenshots aren't the best quality-wise, but the images themselves are breath-taking. Did that sentence make any sense?

I tried to post a link to that King Mickey screenshot I mentioned earlier, but the link won't work for some reason. So, just type the following URL in your browser, and it should work:

http://www.ziddy.net/kh/deepdive/181.jpg

How cool is that?

DisNey DuDe 87
06-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by AnimeNut
The song at the beginning?! Please tell me you guys aren't referring to that horrendous dance remix of "Hikari" that plays during the opening FMV.

I think they are talking about that more Disney-ish song that plays at the first menu screen, not the "Simple and Clean" Hikaru song.

yeo_foxe
06-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Interesting...

Behind the darkness (does not equal) the door to light...

discuss...

Veritech-1s
06-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Like most RPG's it likely refers to the trials it takes to reach victory. The darkness is the turmoil the world is in and the door of light is the hope that you can defeat the evil and change fate. Oh btw yes they do equal, light can only shine in the darkness.