PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain closure?

mandi2728
06-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Ok a few weeks ago I posted about the possibility of SPlash being closed this fall, and was pretty much told, it wont happen (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16427&highlight=splash+mountain)

Well then today I am looking around and low and behold what do I see, but this....

Attraction ~ When it closes: ~ When it will re-open:
Splash Mountain ~ September 2 ~ Fall, 2003

So what I need to know, when do I need to reschedule a trip set for the week of Oct 13 to make sure this ride is open.
There is no way we can go if its closed....
Thanks

jerjer2005
06-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Well "fall" can include anytime from sept. - Nov. So for the best bet id try december, u can enjoy splash along with the holiday festivities.

But you have to take into concideration that Disney could extend the refurb at any time (especially with the cold weather of December)

Crazy about Disney
06-13-2003, 03:38 PM
I spoke w/ Disney last week about Splash closing on Sept 2 and was told that it would re-open around November 7. Needless to say we are bummed too. I've got a trip planned first of October and my kids don't know. It WAS their favorite ride.

Disneyfreak
06-13-2003, 05:39 PM
The ride is in poor shape with its visual effects. The water wheel is not working and the water jets on the drop are very low and they used to shoot 3 times higher about 5 or 8 years ago. Also they need to repaint the exterior of the ride. It is looking pretty dule compared to WDW's. Also have they ever painted the briar patch. It is so dule I cant explain it. It used to be a nice green and brown. Now it is a dule green. The ride needs a major environment overhaul. The ride is probably going down to repair minor things like the water wheel. No word on the jets or paint. Also I doubt it will only be closed one week. It needs so much more then that. The last major refurb was for the mechanical part of the ride. Hopefully this time it will be for beauty.

NirvanaMan
06-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Also, what is that blank screen at the end of the ride? I assume that it is supposed to show you your picture that was taken as you go down the falls, but the last 4 times I have been there, it was blank.

DisneyFan25863
06-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by NirvanaMan
Also, what is that blank screen at the end of the ride? I assume that it is supposed to show you your picture that was taken as you go down the falls, but the last 4 times I have been there, it was blank.

It used to, but the projector broke

NirvanaMan
06-13-2003, 06:30 PM
I hope they fix that in the refurb.

mandi2728
06-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Well we have rescheduled our trip to the end of January, they better darn well have it back up by then.

But we were doing the passport plus tickets, and disney travel isnt taking any reservations for January on yet, so we have to call back in Sept to transfer our deposit to a new reservation!!

Talk about a pain in the rear!! But at least hubby agrees with me, that going when Splash isnt working is not an option!!

DL4EVER
06-13-2003, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't worry. I am confident Disney will make sure it is open for December, especially closer to the Holidays, because they can't afford to have 2 E ticket rides down, especially with its popularity.....Besides Indy, Splash usually has the second longest, if not longer, line.....

SoCalDisneyLover
06-15-2003, 12:03 AM
I had heard that the reason there is no picture on the owl screen anymore, is due to the fact they now screen the pictures, to stop people from getting shown doing obscene poses or gestures. This is why when you finally get to the room with the video screens, if there was something amiss with your raft(i.e. a person doing something considered distasteful), it will say..."Your Picture Has Washed Away."

IndyBones
06-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by mandi2728
Well we have rescheduled our trip to the end of January, they better darn well have it back up by then.

But we were doing the passport plus tickets, and disney travel isnt taking any reservations for January on yet, so we have to call back in Sept to transfer our deposit to a new reservation!!

Talk about a pain in the rear!! But at least hubby agrees with me, that going when Splash isnt working is not an option!!

But going when Indy isnt working is??? :eek:

Morrigoon
06-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Nevermind IndyBones... they just don't love us. :fez:

IndyBones
06-15-2003, 01:08 AM
Ahhh they'll probably just delay us again.