PDA

View Full Version : Best way from Ontario airport to Anaheim

Mickeyslittlehelper
06-13-2003, 10:07 AM
I am flying into Ontario airport this August. I was wondering what the cheapest, yet best way to come to Anheim is. Is it too expensive to use a cab? Should I take a shuttle?

Thanks,
John

raider
06-13-2003, 11:58 AM
GOOD QUESTION! We just booked a flight from Oakland to Ontario (after finding out it was half the price of a Oakland to Orange County flight!). But we are not at all sure on how long our how to get from the Ontario Airport to DL!
...Thanks for asking, hope folks reply! ;)

Pat-n-Eil
06-13-2003, 12:04 PM
I don't live there, but we've flown into Orlando before to go to Disneyland - and it is quite a ways from the park. We chose the Super-Shuttle, and though it took awhile due to the driver dropping all of the other passengers off first, it was a fairly economical way to get there.

stan4d_steph
06-13-2003, 12:28 PM
I don't know exactly how much a cab would be, but it's a pretty long distance (35 miles) from ONT to DL. I would suggest taking a shuttle. I typically use Super Shuttle (http://www.supershuttle.com). They are well run, and you can use their website to make an online reservation. Good luck and have fun.

mikala
06-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Hi there,

we too, use Supershuttle when we have flown into LAX or Burbank from Las Vegas. We just flew into Ontario last week, and weird thing is-we had a nice conversation with 4 others in our row. We talked about the distance from Ontario to Grand California (where we stayed again), and he said it was 15 minutes. Let me say that was the longest 15 minutes I have ever known. A bad accident on the 57 caused us to take 1 1/2 hours to get there. I did not see any Supershuttle, but we rented a car. I know of a company who charges Taxi Rates to be picked up from the Airports in a Limo. Let me know if you need the number. I will dig out the business card.

Have a wonderful time.:D

SteveK
06-13-2003, 11:12 PM
15 minutes from Ontario to the Grand Californian...very funny passenger you must have had. It's easily 40 miles from Ontario to Anaheim. I would suggest either Super Shuttle or a Limousine/towncar service. I take Super Shuttle from my home in Corona to Ontario and they're always on time and courteous. Be warned, Super Shuttle will probably be over $50 to get you to Anaheim.
-Steve

ae's mom
06-14-2003, 03:16 PM
We flew into Ontario from Sacramento in December 2001 and I believe we used PrimeTime Shuttle (I can't remember for sure, but I know it wasn't Super Shuttle). It was my mom , myself and my daughter and I think it was about $90 round trip for the three of us. We reserved and paid ahead of time. We stepped off the plane at 12:00, got our luggage, took the shuttle, checked in our hotel, changed our clothes and we were stepping into Disneyland at 1:00!!! We, too, got such cheap airfare through Southwest (half of what it would have cost to fly to Orange County) that even with the extra $90 for the shuttle we still saved about $60 by flying into Ontario instead of Orange County!!:D

Baloo
06-14-2003, 11:12 PM
when exactly are you arriving. I do know of someone that actually took a cab to thte nearest metrolink station in corona and then just took the train to anaheim. It all really depends on how much luggage you are carrying. The transportation systems here in ousthern California are so bad. They have metrolink trains running during the weekdays and certain ours but not many on weekends. I think that is why we have such a traffic problem here, non of the trains, subways and lightrails have connections with eachother.

Or just give a hller and maybe oneof us will be going towards the naheim that day and give you a ride. I live near the airport and would gladly do that for a fellow disney fan if i do not have any other appoinments that day