PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day at DLR

DisneyFreak2000
08-17-2001, 12:54 PM
Some crowd questions...

My family and I are going on a vacation to the resort from Aug 31-Sept 2. We are planning to stay in the Anaheim Fairfield Inn by Marriott, and are going to DTD on the 31st. On the 1st we are going to DL, and on the 2nd, we are going to DCA.

Is the Anaheim Fairfield by Marriott a good hotel?
How crowded is DL going to be on that Saturday? (I heard attendance dies down at the end of summer)
How crowded is DCA going to be on that Sun? (I head attendance has always been dead ;) )
Any MAJOR attractions at either park going to be closed?
Is DEP going to still be showing?

Thanks for your time.

thamnarestan
08-17-2001, 01:23 PM
Attendance does die down at the end of summer, but picks up for Labor Day weekend. Expect Disneyland park to be crowded (I don't know about DCA-- when does that SoCal promotion end?).

As far as closures go, I believe that Mansion and Bears are both going down the day after Labor Day (Mansion for conversion to Nightmare, Bears for removal). Splash Mtn, which was initially going to close down with Bears and Mansion, will now remain open until the winter, I think. Make sure you see Bears before they're shipped off to Hong Kong.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-17-2001, 01:43 PM
At any theme park, at any time of year, Saturdays are always busier than Sundays. You may want to schedule Disneyland for Sunday. The crowds will be a bit smaller. There arent' any crowds at DCA so that shouldn't be a problem! :) The only monkey wrench in the system here is that Monday is a holiday......so maybe this strategy is null and void.....any thoughts?

lisap
08-17-2001, 01:52 PM
It'll be Packed. Just be sure to stay as cool as possible by drinking lots of water and maybe take a pool break in the afternoons when crowds are at their worst.

I'm sure you will have a great time--just try to do attractions first, first thing in the morning or later at night.

Have fun :)

ODV CM
08-17-2001, 08:10 PM
It will be very busy, but the park will still be open from 8-midnight, so you should have enough time to enjoy yourself anyway. And the SO CAL promotion for DCA runs through labor day.

EandCDad
08-17-2001, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000

Is the Anaheim Fairfield by Marriott a good hotel?

I have not stayed at that Fairfield Inn, but those are, in general, basic clean comfortable rooms in a spare but tidy setting. Better than an average motel (like a Motel 6) but nothing special.

Morrigoon
08-18-2001, 04:10 AM
It's pretty decent, my folks have stayed there a few times.

Marcel Slangen
08-19-2001, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lisap
[B]It'll be Packed. Just be sure to stay as cool as possible by drinking lots of water and maybe take a pool break in the afternoons when crowds are at their worst.

Hi all,

This is my first posting at this forum. A few weeks I read the forum and I like it very much.

Now I have the following question. When you visit Disneyland on a very busy day. Is it possible that the park closes when there are too much people inside?

In that case. If you go to your hotel in the afternoon, there is a possibility that you can't go in the park again.
Or is it so that they let you in, because of your hand stamp?

Can anyone tell me if it can happen that the park closes? And if, how many times does this happen. Is there a possibility that this will happen on the saterday/sunday before labour day?

Thank you for answering.

Marcel Slangen

DisneylandKid
08-19-2001, 09:33 AM
I am not 100% sure this info is right, but I am pretty sure it is:

When the park fills out to the absolute maximum capacity (which is rarely does) they will close the park down. If you have a have a handstamp, you are already counted in the number of people in the park, so they will let you back in.

I hope this helps.

Cogsworth
08-19-2001, 02:13 PM
We have been to Disneyland annually for the last 13 years. 8 times we have been on the Labor Day weekend. We have experienced both very light crowds and very heavy crowds. Usually on a three day holiday weekend you can expect higher attendance at the parks. That doesn't mean you still can not enjoy the time. We always take advantage of the Magic Morning program and get into the park an hour and a half early on one day. We ride most of the popular attractions early in the day before it gets extremely crowded. We take a break in the afternoon to enjoy the pool and take a nap. We re-enter the park in the early evening and have dinner. We then watch Fantasmic or the parade and while many people who stayed all day are numbly filing out we again ride the more poular attactions. We check the Attractions Board on Main Street periodically to see what typical wait times are. This usually works well enough so we don't wait more than twenty minutes for any attraction. Add in Fastpass and I think you can still have a wonderful visit. This will be our first trip to DCA so it will be interesting to see if this plan will work with DCA in the mix. So you on the weekend.

Ralph Wiggum
08-19-2001, 02:42 PM
If you buy tickets at the disney stores they will let you in even if the park is full...or at least they did last year. Also if you can think of a good reason or argue with one of the gate managers you'll get in too.. The manager will just say something like "now just so you know we are bending the rules here and we can't do this again."

Kinda funny actually.

DisneyFreak2000
08-19-2001, 04:11 PM
Hey all, thanks for the crowd answers about Labor Day. Taking many good advice, we decided to go the weekend before Labor Day (Aug 24-26) instead. How are the crowds gonna be then? Thanks!

DisneyFreak2000
08-23-2001, 09:35 PM
Well my fellow MousePadateers, I'm off to my weekend at Disneyland Resort. See you in three days (on Monday), I'll miss you all!!!