PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Questions!

ainsley09
09-04-2011, 06:52 AM
I have a once in a lifetime opportunity (most likely) to have lunch at Club 33. I know it will be pricey and I'm prepared to pay, but I have a few questions:

1) I have a PAP, do I forfeit the benefit of the 'free' admission or can I get a park ticket to use on another day (after my AP expires or for my DH)?

2) Dress code - I'll be 7 months pregnant at the time of the lunch and the idea of wearing uncomfortable shoes or even full on tennis shoes in the heat makes me cringe. I know the dress code says no flip flops - does that include 'nice' leather flip flops? My usual daytime park attire is a sundress and leather flip flops in the summer. I guess I could wear my flip flops and then bring wedges or heels in my bag to change into just before our reservation.

3) What is included in the standard price (one day park ticket)? Non-alcoholic beverage, dessert? I'm trying to figure out what will be extra...

Sorry to be such a dork, but I'm kind of excited!

Malcon10t
09-04-2011, 07:10 AM
1. Yes, you forfeit the free admission.
2. If you wear a sandal without a heel strap, you will be asked to go change your shoes. They also include tank tops and spaghetti straps. So if the top of your dress resembles either, you would be asked to change or they will give you a shirt to wear over your dress.

3. Basically, the minimum for lunch would be the buffet, the plated entree, and a non-alcoholic drink. Additional drinks (coffee, alcohol, hot chocolate) would be above this.

On a "regular" day (Monday - Saturday) this would be $80 before tax and tip. Add on a $6 tax and $14 tip (18% is standard at the club), figure your minimum is $100 for lunch. Sunday, expect it to be about $15 more. The include characters and a complementary sparkling wine or apple juice.

Things to remember - USE YOUR CAMERA! Lots of photo ops. Get a pic in the phone booth. Help yourself to a couple of the paper towels from the restroom! Pay with a credit card and keep the pen.

ETA - Yes, MS is correct. The soda is an additional $3. So add $3 to the above. Water is usually Evian.

MammaSilva
09-04-2011, 07:10 AM
1) the ticket inlcuded in your reservation is only valid for the day OF your reservation, you can not save it nor can you share it with someone else.

2) The dress code is strongly enforced and the no flipflop rule includes nice leather sandles that are backless. I highly recommend getting an inexpensive pair of ballet flats to carry with you and trade shoes out side the door. As for your sundress, make sure it has wide straps or cap sleeves, tanktops are not allowed.

3) As for the price. The basic meal will cost the price of the one day ticket. Water is free of course but any other beverage is extra. Lunch is a set fee for a semi buffet style meal. You are seated and select your entree, then you are invited to visit the cold bar where there are options for salads and seafood and other yummy starters. On the other side of the area is the dessert buffet, both are included in the base price. Alcohol is available and is priced a little higher than your average lounge...a cosmo is $10.00 or was in June.

There is no discount for Annual Passes and you are expected to tip at least 18% (we tipped 20%) I recommend taking care of your meal check before you shop from the curio cabinet so you don't have to try and figure out the appropriate tip for the meal vs the total on the bill.

ainsley09
09-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Wow, that is a strict dress code for lunch. That's good to know. I will make sure my sister knows how strict it is too. This will certainly be an experience! Thanks for the info!

MammaSilva
09-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Both Mal and I forgot to mention, shorts are acceptable ONLY if they are longer style, no short shorts. Jeans are allowed if they are 'nice jeans' no ripped ones. No undergarments can be visable, so no bra straps visable...and absolutely no baggie saggy with any part of underpants visable even on younger guests. Every one in your party MUST meet the dress code, behavior code or you will be refused and your sponsor will be notified.

Drince88
09-04-2011, 10:39 AM
As for your sundress, make sure it has wide straps or cap sleeves, tanktops are not allowed.

How wide do straps have to be to not be a tank top? I've always wondered where the line is drawn between tank top and sleeveless.

MammaSilva
09-04-2011, 10:44 AM
When we went Missy had on a sun dress with about a 1" strap and I made sure she had a shrug on to cover her shoulders. I asked the hostess and she said that the rule of thumb for them was that the straps be more "sleeveless' than strappy and held her fingers out with what I guestimate to be about 2 inches 'give or take' I saw a couple very pretty sundresses with the wider strap, little ruffle cap type edge without shrugs on so if I were to get another opportunity I'd know that her dress needed that level of coverage or a shrug to provide coverage. The club is cool enough that she was totally comfortable wearing the light sweater and she was fine in her little ballet flats instead of her birkenstock slides she wears when we are at the park.

Dznydad
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Both Mal and I forgot to mention, shorts are acceptable ONLY if they are longer style, no short shorts. Jeans are allowed if they are 'nice jeans' no ripped ones. No undergarments can be visable, so no bra straps visable...and absolutely no baggie saggy with any part of underpants visable even on younger guests. Every one in your party MUST meet the dress code, behavior code or you will be refused and your sponsor will be notified.

My wife and kids surprised me for my 40th birthday with a lunch trip to Club 33 (I don't know who or how, but they did). We were AP's at the time, so the entrance ticket was an and/or thing. They were going to leave telling me about it as a surprise, but they decided to tell me beforehand so I could plan. I wanted to wear a suit and tie. I know, it was lunch, in the spring, but I would be getting pictures for maybe the only time in my life. My wife talked me out of it because of the heat. I wore a jacket, dress shirt (still wish I had stuck with my plan).
I was actually offended by the other diners in our room. They were loud, complaining, dressed as typical tourists (t-shirts, shorts). We asked to go out on the balcony, and a lady complained she had to move her shopping bag so we could open the door. It seemed obvious to me that most of these people had no idea of the signifigance of the place - it was just a "restaurant" and nothing special.
On the plus side, I had a martini in New Orleans square (on the balcony). My son and I bumped into Kelsey Grammer in the restroom, and he ended up coming over to say hello to my entire family. I was upset that the merch was mostly sold out, but I bought a couple of nice pins. I wear the pin whenever I go now, and (for good or bad) castmembers sometimes see it and place me at the front of rides (it's a subtle thing). Oh yeah, the food was great! Fantastic salad and dessert buffets (in addition to the ordered meal).
ENJOY YOURSELF! Don't be afraid to ask to see things and take lots of pictures. And, show other people how to respect the place.

Malcon10t
09-04-2011, 02:08 PM
So, today we were in the park and our friends called and asked us to meet them over by the club as they wanted to say hi. We get there, and they said "Let's go inside, its warm out here", so we went up and sat in the hallway and had some "fruit punch", which is real fruit punch, while we chatted. Next thing I knew, here came the manager and he brought me a dessert for my birthday and they had everyone sing happy birthday for me!!

If you are having a birthday, make sure to let them know. The is a very rich chocolate mousse, chocolate coated! Here is a pic from my nieces last month.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/IMG_0773.jpg

jbirdie
09-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I have a Club 33 question as well. A Club 33 member at work arranged for our office a buffet dinner. Now I have a DAP w/o parking. Can I use the admission ticket to upgrade my DAP to add parking or upgrade to a PAP? I renewed my DAP in July and I'm paying monthly installments.

currence
09-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I have a Club 33 question as well. A Club 33 member at work arranged for our office a buffet dinner. Now I have a DAP w/o parking. Can I use the admission ticket to upgrade my DAP to add parking or upgrade to a PAP? I renewed my DAP in July and I'm paying monthly installments.

No. As a complimentary ticket it has no value so there would be nothing to apply to an upgrade.

cstephens
09-04-2011, 05:04 PM
So, today we were in the park and our friends called and asked us to meet them over by the club as they wanted to say hi. We get there, and they said "Let's go inside, its warm out here", so we went up and sat in the hallway and had some "fruit punch", which is real fruit punch, while we chatted. Next thing I knew, here came the manager and he brought me a dessert for my birthday and they had everyone sing happy birthday for me!!

That's awesome! :)

MickeyDogMom
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
BTW... the glowing Tinkerbell on the mini-cake is not included. My cousin (Mal's niece) stuck it on there after it came on her drink. :rolleyes:

ssturgeo
09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
The ticket you receive that day is a souvineer in itself...I have mine framed with my pics in Club 33. Besides the paper hand towels in the restroom, you can sometimes get a napkin and or coaster from the bar. AND...you have to go in and see the restroom!! It is a wonderful experience...take your time...time to your server..."dine", don't just eat...the pictures and view outside on the balcony are wonderful. Look at the paintings on the wall, ride up or down in the elevator once, but also take the stairs the other time. I asked and our server gave us a printed history of the Club....he/she will also point out furniture pieces used in movies, etc. Be sure to take a peek into the room with the stuffed birds that Walt once hoped to animate. I have been lucky enough to dine there twice...ENJOY!!!

Malcon10t
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Be sure to take a peek into the room with the stuffed birds that Walt once hoped to animate. I have been lucky enough to dine there twice...ENJOY!!!The room is the Trophy Room. It is my favorite room to dine in. cstephens has some good pictures of the room in her reviews.