PDA

View Full Version : New DVC Members

bochnikm
09-01-2011, 05:04 AM
My wife and I decided to take the plunge and we are now DVC members (Saratoga Springs is our home resort.) We were going yearly anyway and usually stayed at value resorts (Pop Century is so Disney!) Our last trip we stayed at a moderate and we noticed we liked the nicer accommodations and we were relaxing more rather than storming the parks. No more need for a vacation after a Disney vacation. We feel DVC will be a nice fit for us now.

Being a new customer we were able to book the Beach Club in late November using the cash inventory. We splurged and got a 1 bedroom even though it’s just Kelli and I. We are looking forward to be able to walk to Epcot, have buses that are not the farthest away from the entrance. Having way more room than we are used too and Kelli is really looking forward to having two TVs in our villa.:p Of course we will post a report in the trip report from Florida section after we get back.

Toocherie
09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Congrats! Saratoga Springs is my home resort too--and so far the only place I've stayed because of varying circumstances. I love SSR and it's proximity to DtD. Welcome home!

stan2u
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Congrats!! We stayed at a 1BR in the BC last year and it was great! Only other time there was in a studio. The 1BR is especially nice if one of you rises earlier or stays up later than the other. And you have the bigger kitchen, too. Be sure to make use of the grocery store on the first floor in the main building. The walk to Epcot is very short and enjoyable. I even walked to the Studios from there, though it is a good 20-minute hike at a brisk pace -- usually we took the boat. Bus service to the other parks is in the front; we never did have to wait very long for any of our trips. All in all, a very pleasant and memorable visit.