PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Balcony

Pages : [1] 2

MacBaby
06-12-2003, 06:12 AM
This summer I am hoping to get reservations for the Fantasmic Balcony. My nieces have never seen Fantasmic due to the heavy crowds. I have several questions:
1) which show is best?
2) can you see the fireworks from your seats?
3) how early do you need to arrive?
4) what desserts do they serve? My niece has a severe allergy to artificial food colors - will they accommodate her needs?
Any other hints, thoughts, suggestions are welcomed! Thanks.

CrayZforDisney
06-12-2003, 06:22 AM
We got to Disneyland at 6:30 in the morning one time, and the Fantasmic Balcony was all sold out. So, if you want a slightly better view for a high price, you might want to get to Disneyland before 6:00 to get the stink'in tickets for the balcony. If you really want to see Fantasmic, you must get down on the sidewalk in front of the Rivers of America and wait there 3 hours prior to showtime. In my opinion, Fantasmic is a pain in the butt to me, but it is a good show.

AVP
06-12-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by MacBaby
4) what desserts do the serve? My niece has a severe allergy to artificial food colors - will they accommodate her needs?

I'm running off to work, but I can take this one - someone else can tackle the other three ?s.

We wanted to make reservations for someone who has a severe allergy to nuts. They offered to have a nut-free desert available for that person, but they do not change the desert buffet selection.

On another visit, there was a woman who was allergic to chocolate. Again, they offered an alternate desert for her - in this case, they served the child's strawberry-shortcake-in-a-Mickey-bowl desert - but the main buffet was the same.

Disneyland *is* surprisingly good about accomodating food allergies if you give them a LOT of notice.

AVP

AVP
06-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
We got to Disneyland at 6:30 in the morning one time, and the Fantasmic Balcony was all sold out. So, if you want a slightly better view for a high price, you might want to get to Disneyland before 6:00 to get the stink'in tickets for the balcony.

Don't forget that Fantasmic! balcony tickets are now sold 30 days in advance. You can order them by phone. The days of the 6:00 am campout are over.

AVP

Mickeyslittlehelper
06-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Once you have the ticket you need to line up before the show right? If your first in line do you get the best seats?

Thanks,
John

cemeinke
06-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Mickeyslittlehelper
Once you have the ticket you need to line up before the show right? If your first in line do you get the best seats?

Thanks,
John

Yes. You line up before inside the Gallery courtyard, but there are very few seats up there, so I don't really think there's a "bad" one.

If you go to the first showing, they will let you linger for fireworks - so I'd pick that one.

keschy
06-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I never knew you could get the balcony seats. How much does it cost and who do I have to call to reserve it? It sounds great!

msr709
06-12-2003, 11:04 AM
I haven't been yet, going this summer (7/30 to 8/4) but I have been reading a lot of different websites and I found out that the phone no. to call is (714) 781-4400 and you can reserve 30 days before and this 30 days is calendar days i.e., want to go on May 30 you need to call April 30, if there are 31 days in the month you can call on the 30th of the preceeding month. I'm waiting for my 30 days to get here. Also, the suggestion is to call by 8:00am because the reservations go fast! Hope this helps you! :D

Dexter
06-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by keschy
I never knew you could get the balcony seats. How much does it cost and who do I have to call to reserve it? It sounds great!

When I bought our tickets a year ago they were $43/person. But we got Balcony Seating.

They also have the Preferred Seating wich is off to the far left near the dock for the rafts.

AVP did a review on preferred seating, you can find it here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm010710.htm)

It may not be called preferred seating, but I'm sure you can figure out what I mean!

bubsy
06-12-2003, 11:45 AM
On my husband's first ever trip to DL we did the premium seating, for about $40 each.

I liked it. We could see everything very well.

CrayZforDisney
06-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by bubsy
On my husband's first ever trip to DL we did the premium seating, for about $40 each.

I liked it. We could see everything very well.

$40.00!!! You could visit another theme park for that money! To get a high view and desserts it should cost $14.00 at the most, but $40.00 is absolutely ridiculous! Fantasmic! is only 10 minutes long at the most! However, I am glad you liked it.

mousketeer
06-12-2003, 05:03 PM
$40.00!!! You could visit another theme park for that money! To get a high view and desserts it should cost $14.00 at the most, but $40.00 is absolutely ridiculous! Fantasmic! is only 10 minutes long at the most! However, I am glad you liked it.

It is VERY worth it. You get a superb view, a wonderful dessert buffet, and unlimited beverages (including Mint Juleps). Of course it is expensive; it is a luxury item. Besides, its a once-a-year splurge :D .

HBTiggerFan
06-12-2003, 06:37 PM
I think its $47 now...it's always been the same cost as admission.

Someday I will do the balcony...some day...

LibraryGirl
06-12-2003, 06:41 PM
I, too, fell in love with unlimietd Mint Juleps. The dessert was wonderful and yes... it is a once a year luxury. It's great for a first timer watching Fantasmic. It's the perfect view.

Nothing beats waiting next the the Rivers for the show to start having soup in a bread bowl though!!

experiment626
06-12-2003, 07:20 PM
$40.00 is absolutely ridiculous! Fantasmic! is only 10 minutes long at the most! However, I am glad you liked it.
I agree the price is NUTS! Buts obviously people pay the price and they could sell those set numerous times over for each show.

And Fantasmic is more like 22 mins or so. ;)

LibraryGirl
06-12-2003, 07:42 PM
To get a high view and desserts it should cost $14.00 at the most, but $40.00 is absolutely ridiculous! Fantasmic! is only 10 minutes long at the most!

You actually get time before and after Fantasmic to sit on the balcony. So it is more time there in addition to the 22 minute show.

kisroo
06-13-2003, 12:09 AM
I love the Balcony. And HB~I hope that you do get to do this someday. It's worth the splurge IMHO.

MacBaby, I would definately take AVP's advice and contact DL well in advance about the special dietary needs. I'd be interested to see what they would come up with, but know that they would accomodate if given time to do so! I remember quite a few fruit based desserts, but am not sure if they were totally artifical ingredient free. When we went in Oct. it was $45 per person. We reserved our tickets exactly 30 days in advance~call EARLY (beats the, ahem, ***4:00am, waiting that I have done in the past-crazy, I know!) :rolleyes: There really isn't a bad seat, but I would recommend getting up there early, because they seat based on how you line up prior to the show. I prefer the earlier show, not sure why~just do. And we could see the fireworks from the balcony.
Hope you enjoy it! I know we always do! :)

sydney
06-13-2003, 12:31 AM
We have balcony seats for this evening (YAY US!) We called right at 8 30 days before and they had already sold out of the 9pm and we got the last seats for the 10:30 show.

They are indeed $47 this year, and we have also been told that seats will be assigned in order that the tickets were bought, not in the order you get there, in order to provide added fairness. So for us, that means we can just show up last minute, since we already know we'll get the last few seats (this would be me looking for silver lining) :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a fun evening! Woo-hoo! Fantasmic is back!!!!

cstephens
06-13-2003, 09:56 AM
$40.00!!! You could visit another theme park for that money! To get a high view and desserts it should cost $14.00 at the most, but $40.00 is absolutely ridiculous!

Well, it is a luxury. I've only been once, and I really enjoyed it. It's not something I'd do on a regular or even semi-regular basis, but it's good for special occasions.

Jennifer
06-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LibraryGirl
I, too, fell in love with unlimietd Mint Juleps.

Just to let you know you can get unlimited Mint Juleps at the French Market. They installed a 'Mint Julep' dispenser in the soda fountain (with free refills!) YUM!
They only thing you don't get is a sprig of mint.

Leap for Joy
06-18-2003, 11:02 AM
I just bought tix for Sunday July 13th at 9:00. Woohoo!!! I'm so excited!!!! Not very many people have bought tix for that show yet, we're at the 2nd table in the front! :cool:

As a side note, the July 15th was sold out... is there a special event at the park that day?

tod
06-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Leap for Joy
The July 15th was sold out... is there a special event at the park that day?

It's a couple of days before the anniversary. Maybe people are coming in early.

--T
:fez:

ComfyCody
06-18-2003, 07:33 PM
We were in the balcony for the 9:00 Fantasmic! on 6/16 It was AMAZING and well worth the money. I wanted to let people know of a couple of changes from the other posts that I have read. As mentioned before, they seat you in the order you purchase your tickets - they didn't start seating until 8:55 so no need to arrive early. From others posts we had the idea that we could come a little early, and have dessert and drinks before the show started, this wasn't really the case. I was also a little dissapointed that we were not seated at "tables". Many other posts I had read suggested that we would be sitting at tables, and that was not the case. There were two rows of seats, with 2 or 3 very small patio type tables for the front row to put their drinks on ( I don't think even one plate would fit). Being in the rear row, the view was still perfect, but it was a little awkward balancing drink, dessert plate, and toddler. We lingered for fireworks, and could even catch a glimpse of tinkerbell! This was an amazing experience - and such a magical Disney experience for our family. (Of course we'll have to sell a car to pay for it.......just another Disney sacrifice!;)

Master K
06-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Can anyone else confirm that they now seat based on when tickets are sold?

This would be a big change. How can they tell do your tickets have a time date stamp of when you called or is it when you pick them up at guest relations?

I have tickets for the 4th of July and I was planning on getting up to the gallery a bit ahead to make sure we got seats in the first row. But if this is true thatn that wont be a concern.

Thanks,

Leap for Joy
06-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Wow! 4th of July!!! That will be so fun!!!

I very carefully confirmed that they seat in the order purchased when I bought mine today. It is based on when you call and pay for the tickets, not when you pick them up. She told me how many people were ahead of me, where I would be sitting, and to just show up about 15 minutes before the show.

:) Melinda