PDA

View Full Version : Studio amenities

floridafan
08-31-2011, 01:12 PM
I know the Studio units have a microwave & refrigerator, but can't remember if they have a toaster. If not, can I request one?

GusMan
08-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Yep... Studios have a toaster - and they are big enough where they can accommodate bagels too!

floridafan
08-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks, GusMan. My DD has reserved a Studio unit for us, at BLT, to celebrate my 70th birthday. My son & his wife are also going, at the same time. However, they are staying at Pop Century. We have all gotten the free dining, but my DS & DIL have gotten the quick service plan. We are having my birthday dinner at Narcossee's, so they will pay OOP for their dinner. In order to try to save them a little money, we will be fixing breakfast, in our Studio each morning. We could have still done it without a toaster, but having one will be real nice.

stan4d_steph
09-01-2011, 10:16 AM
There is also a small coffee pot. If you have a particular brand you prefer, you should bring some already ground along with basket filters. Have a great trip!

Toocherie
09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
There is also a small coffee pot. If you have a particular brand you prefer, you should bring some already ground along with basket filters. Have a great trip!

Even if you don't have a particular brand, you need to bring coffee. They only give you enough for one pot so if you are there several days you need to be prepared.

floridafan
09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
My DD is a new Owner's Locker member, so we will be bringing a CAN of coffee, along with filters & sugar. Plus a whole lot of other stuff to put in the locker, for when we come back in December.
I'm so excited!! We will be there a week from tomorrow. YIPEE!!

Susie63
11-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Can anyone tell me about dishes,utensils,garbage bags,paper towels and any other items in a studio. We are renting in Feb at GCV.

GusMan
11-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Can anyone tell me about dishes,utensils,garbage bags,paper towels and any other items in a studio. We are renting in Feb at GCV.
You get a good supply of paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils with some ceramic coffee mugs and some smaller glasses. They will refresh the consumable plates and utensils during the "trash and tidy" and/or full cleaning days.

There is a roll of paper towel on a holder and sometimes a new roll under the sink. The garbage cans /recycle bin will have bags in them and at times, a new bag under the one currently being used. Items refreshed on same schedule as above.

You do get a small bottle of dish soap and a sponge/scrubber. There is also a starter set of coffee and creamers.... probably enough for two small pots worth. (Dont drink it myself.)

You get the usual bath soaps and shampoo as well.

Susie63
11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you.That frees up a little more space in my luggage.

floridafan
01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
It has been almost 5 months since I started this thread, & I want to tell you what happened on this trip. It will not be a trip report, in the usual sense, but I am so eager to share. As I said, my DD (Cathy) & DS & DDIL (Bob & Tina) were expected. But B&T were not expected to arrive at WDW until a couple hours after I got there. As our usual arrangement, when C arrived at MCO, she called me & I started the drive from my home to WDW. When I got on property, I called her, so she could meet me at the front of the resort. She said she would go find someone to help with the things in my trunk. When she returned, she had B&T with her. I thought, "what a nice surprise. They got in earlier than they told me, in order to surprise me." We unloaded the car & went inside to pick up my ECV. After a few minutes, C said she would go try to find out what was taking so long. (It really was not a long time, at all; only a few minutes.) I turned to talk to B&T, & when I turned back there was Connie & Jim. (youngest DD & SIL) She had told me that, although she would have loved to make the trip, she had already made other plans. (She was in charge of the Gold Star Mothers Day ceremony, which happened to be on the same day as my birthday) So I was very surprised to see them. We went a little further into the lobby, to get my KttK, & Peggy (2nd youngest DD) stepped out from behind a pillar. Now I REALLY had not expected her, because I knew she could not afford the trip. I asked which pillar Donna (2nd oldest DD) was behind, & was assured that she was NOT behind any post. We went up to our room, which was NOT a studio, but a 2-bedroom suite. In the kitchen, there stood Donna & Amy (her wife). When I had asked D if she could join us, she had told me that she had to put in a request for vacation time 3 months in advance & there wasn't enough time. & Amy is absolutely terrified of flying. So, again, I was very surprised to see them. C, at this point told me that she had bought into the DVC, the past January, & that is how long they had been planning this trip, to celebrate my 70th birthday. I was still shaking with joy at having 5 of my 7 kids with me, (another DD, Mary, lives in Florida, & would be joining us the following day, when I would 6 of them with me.) I heard a familiar voice, & turned to see my oldest DS (Buddy) in from Kuwait. He was so very unexpected because he had so far to travel. So, for the next several days I had all 7 of my kids with me. (Besides the 2-bedroom suite, C had also gotten a 1-bedroom suite, a few doors down the hall. There were 11 of us, in all. 6 of us stayed in the 2-bedroom & the other 5 in the 1-bedroom.) It was the most fantastic birthday I have ever had. Thank you for letting me share it with you.

Mermaid
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Wow!! That sounds amazing and wonderful!

Susie63
01-15-2012, 09:14 PM
That sounds so wonderful....so nice to have family to share your birthday!

Barberella
01-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Yay! This is the kind of magical vacation story we all love to read! :D

RunninDisney
02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
What an awsome story. Thanks for sharing!

stan2u
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Outstanding! Thank you so much for the update.

Toocherie
03-02-2012, 11:23 AM
what a wonderful surprise!

Hannahbelle
03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Thats so awesome!! Im glad you share that story with us!!