PDA

View Full Version : My Slightly Strange DL Experience!

DivaPrincess
06-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Ok, it just occured to me to post about just a weird thing that happened to me in Disneyland.

It was March 24 of this year, and my husband and I had just finished "performing" in the Parade of the Stars (by the way, we rocked!) and we ran to hit Splash Mountain before it closed. We had been in line for about 10 minutes when we noticed people were going on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - and it wasn't supposed to open for over a week, so I ran over and sure enough there was a sign announcing sneak previews. So, I waved to my husband and the people we had befriended in line and they came over to go on Pooh.

This is where it gets just a little strange. Not a lot, just slightly. We got right on, in the second row behind a single guy. He looked late 20's - early 30's, dressed very comfortably, scruffy facial hair, brown hair and I think he was wearing a ball cap. He seemed slightly unkempt. I had read quite a bit about the controversy over the 3 taxidermy heads from Country Bears that were supposed to be placed over the doors leading out of the Heffalump and Woozles scene, so when we came to those doors, I reminded my husband to look up and behind us. We looked and saw them and then discussed them. The guy in front of us seemed surprised that we knew about them. Then we told him that we had read about it and he started to ask where we had read it, but then stopped himself. I think I said something about reading it online, but maybe he was just trying to be polite or something, but he didn't say anything more.

So, even though I'm sure MP wasn't the only place that talked about that part of the Pooh ride, I was just wondering if maybe we had an unknown encounter with an MPer?

femmfaerie
06-12-2003, 07:54 AM
It was me! Just kidding - but that would be weird...this is totally unrelated - but it is kind of another weird story about something that happened in the park - kind of. I was in the park with my sister in October of 2001 ....then 6 months ago my friend "A" met a girl on line (Nikki) and had sent her pictures of her and her friends - my sister and I included. Nikki- living in Ohio said she recognized me from somewhere...well I have never been to Ohio and I live in Denver so we figured I just had one of those "don't I know you faces"....well about a month ago Nikki figured out why she recognized me... I was in the back ground of a picture she had taken while on vacation at Disneyland!
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.