PDA

View Full Version : Disney in four days -- help

disNeytEen
06-11-2003, 05:29 PM
I leave with three others to the anaheim area, for a week . We plan to do disney and DCA, but if we get bored with that what else is near bye to do! :confused:

CarlieB
06-11-2003, 06:50 PM
You can spend a bit of time in Downtown Disney (check out some films at the theatre there) and there's some good malls nearby (Block at Orange, South Coast Plaza, etc) :)

sancho
06-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh, I don't know...about 1.000.000 things.

Go see Gospel Sunday Brunch at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney (if you are there on Sunday). Great food+Rocking music=Great times.

Try to score tix to The Producers (hottest show in LA) with Martin Short and Jason Alexander. At the Pantages on Hollywood Blvd.

Go up to Hollywood and see Finding Nemo at El Capitan. While on Hollywood Blvd. you can also see the walk of fame, the Kodak theatre and Mann's Chinese Theatre.

Beaches

See LA's beautiful new Cathedral

Go to the LA observatory in Griffith Park

Make sure you have an In 'n' Out burger and fries if you don't have this chain in your home area...the best fast food anywhere.

Crystal Cathedral is about 2 miles away from the park

There is a cool "alternative" mall in the area...although I am not sure of the address.

See the world famous Sunset Strip...Rock and Roll heaven.

Go to the Santa Monica Pier

See San Diego (make sure you drive out to Coronado)

See San Juan Capistrano (the mission)

What isn't there to do in SoCal?

Let us know how it goes

DSNYDad
06-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Aquarium of the Pacific
Hollywood and Highland
Universal Studios
Universal Citywalk
LA County Museum of Art
Autry Meseum of Western Heritage
LA Zoo
Old Town Pasadena
Peterson Automotive Museum

Sorry I live in LA County but in between LA and Disneyland. Hey I just realized I haven't been to three of the above.:(

I don't think it's possible to get bored in SoCal. If you do there is something drastically wrong.:cool:

Not Afraid
06-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by sancho
There is a cool "alternative" mall in the area...although I am not sure of the address.

The Lab (http://www.thelab.com/)

Hiking at Crystal Cove State Beach

The Egyptian Theater in Hollywood

Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica / Santa Monica Pier

Venice Beach

Will Rodgers State Park

Malibu

Palm Springs

Arrowhead/Big Bear

on and on and on and on....

HBTiggerFan
06-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The Lab (http://www.thelab.com/)

I LOVE The Lab :) Espically the Gypsey Den and Urban Outfitters. The Lab expanded across the street...its a different name with different stores but operated by the same company.

MonorailMan
06-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Also, in DCA, I just like to relax. There's always playing all the Millionaires, just to try to get into the seat.

Also, for a added spin, see Aladdin at all 3 levels. :)

femmfaerie
06-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Oh, I don't know...about 1.000.000 things.

Make sure you have an In 'n' Out burger and fries if you don't have this chain in your home area...the best fast food anywhere.

I am sitting at my computer at work - in Denver ...that was just mean! :p

Bring In 'n' Out to Denver!!!!

When they opened a Krispy Cream people waited four hours in line to get one - what do you think they would do if we got an In 'n' Out? It is like a gold mine waiting to be tapped - or bombed or whatever...man I am hungry!

tod
06-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Go up to Hollywood and see Finding Nemo at El Capitan. While on Hollywood Blvd. you can also see the walk of fame, the Kodak theatre and Mann's Chinese Theatre.

That's Grauman's Chinese, buddy. And don't you forget it. That [deleted] who put his name on it like a kid with a can of spray paint is dead and they peeled his name off before he hit room temperature.

Be sure to see where dimwitted Sylvester Stallone neglected to cross the "T" in his last name and the power-saw cut where it got fixed for him.

Amen. But don't set your hopes too high. It's a great burger, but it is only a burger.

See San Diego (make sure you drive out to Coronado)

See if the Hotel Del Coronado looks familiar. :D

The Egyptian Theater in Hollywood

Now home to the American Cinematheque (http://americancinematheque.com), the historic theatre (also built by Sid Grauman, like Grauman's Chinese) shows retrospectives. This week, master miniaturist and special effects wizard Ray Harryhausen.

Have fun.

--T

femmfaerie
06-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by tod
That's Grauman's Chinese, buddy.

--T [/B]

Isn't Grauman's Chinese Theater accross the street? Are the both Chinese theaters?

tod
06-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by femmfaerie
Isn't Grauman's Chinese Theater accross the street? Are the both Chinese theaters?

Grauman's Chinese (http://www.press-manntheatres.com/) was built in 1927 by master showman Sid Grauman. It's across the street from the Disney-run El Capitan and about two blocks from the earlier Grauman's Egyptian, now the home of the American Cinematheque and also on the same side of Hollywood Boulevard as the El Capitan.

The Mann Theatres chain has also built the "Chinese 6" inside the massive Hollywood & Highland atrocity complex, which may account for some confusion.

Hope this helps.

--T
who spent 25 years decrying the renaming to "Mann's Chinese" when Ted Mann was alive, so my conscience is clear about ragging on him now.

blusilva
06-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tod

--T
who spent 25 years decrying the renaming to "Mann's Chinese" when Ted Mann was alive, so my conscience is clear about ragging on him now.

No doubt. It took me that long to stop calling it Grauman's Chinese. As soon as I got in the habit, they changed it back. *shakes head*

Also, someone mentioned upthread the Observatory in Griffith Park. IIRC, it's closed for major renovation at the moment.