PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

bubsy
06-11-2003, 10:17 AM
(I'm sure it's asked a bejiliion and 3 times and I did a search so it is quite common).

Thanksgiving.

We're thinking of going Wednesday the 26th through Saturday the 29th. I've never been around the holidays and really want to see Nightmare (that starts in October?), the decorations and the snow. Is it all up, or is it too early?

Are the crowds crushing, or just busy?

Morrigoon
06-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Busy. You will get the full Christmas threatment though. I recommend the big buffet event at the DLH ballroom. Try to get an early seating (the first hour will see only half the ballroom full... more characters for you)

mad4mky
06-11-2003, 11:15 AM
One of the busiest days I have ever been to DLR were the days you were mentioning. :(

Good Luck.:) :rolleyes:

tod
06-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
I recommend the big buffet event at the DLH ballroom. Try to get an early seating (the first hour will see only half the ballroom full... more characters for you)

I tried that. The words I would use to describe it are not the words you expect to use around here. I made a reservation, and then found that I was being put in line with walk-ups. Not the best impression. I paid for the four of us, then we got in a long long line that didn't move. After about 45 minutes -- and two hours after my "reservation" time, which was when we arrived -- we figured the heck [more or less] with it, got our money back, and went to Goofy's instead, where we had a fine dinner with a much smaller wait.

I suggest just going to Goofy's in the first place.

--T

dierksenj
06-12-2003, 03:18 AM
We will also be at DL from the 26th to the 30th.

How far ahead in advance can you make reservations at Goofy's Kitchen for Thanksgiving?

We will have a Kids Suite at the Hyatt Regency, has anyone had one of these? How did you like it?

Thanks!

Jess

tod
06-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by dierksenj
How far ahead in advance can you make reservations at Goofy's Kitchen for Thanksgiving?

Call the Disneyland Hotel at 714.778.6600. They oughta know.

--T