PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading at AKL

ChuckC
08-24-2011, 06:16 AM
We (DVC members) have reservations for a week, October 13-19, at Jambo House at AKL (1BR, standard view) which was all I could get at the time. What are my chances of getting an upgrade if I asked for a 2BR or even if I didn't? :confused:

Thanks.

GusMan
08-24-2011, 07:26 AM
If you are referring to asking for a free upgrade, your chances are slim.

While guests sometimes get certain upgrades on cash reservations, DVC members rarely get such upgrades. Sure, you hear it happening but it is very rare and it is usually because of some sort of mistake (overbooking) or maintenance issue. Personally, I think many members who paid their dues, paid for their membership, would be rather upset if they found out that the front desk was giving away free upgrades, especially up to a room that would normally cost a huge number of additional points such as a 1br to a 2br.

SuzanneSLO
08-24-2011, 09:42 AM
We (DVC members) have reservations for a week, October 13-19, at Jambo House at AKL (1BR, standard view) which was all I could get at the time. What are my chances of getting an upgrade if I asked for a 2BR or even if I didn't? :confused:

Thanks.

Are you on the waitlist for the 2BR? There is often some additional availability jsut when the no-cancellation period kicks in 30 days before your stay. You can also call Member Services during the 7 days prior to your arrival to see if anything has opened up. -- Best of luck -- Suzanne