PDA

View Full Version : Do they sell flowers on Main St.?

spaced mountain guy
06-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Trying to set up a blind date at disneyland for Fantasmic weekend. Where would be a perfect place to meet the person and do they still sell flowers from an ODV cart on Main St. I believe they do but am not sure. Secondly where is a great place to meet up? The most romantic place that is not that well known would be Snow Whites grotto to the right of the castle? any other ideas??
Thanks
Spaced

Cant I at least get one last WALKTHRU?? PLEAAAASSEEEE

adriennek
06-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh, I read your question and I thought: oh, how sweet. That just melts my heart. I remember when my husband used to buy ME flowers...

Then I thought: Too bad they don't sell flowers on Main Street.

Then I thought: Oh, please don't bring her flowers at DL. Not if you want to impress her. Think about it: she'll have to carry those flowers around with her the whole time you're at Disneyland. On rides. Where is she going to put them if you go on a coaster or Indy or Star Tours?

And then, at the end of the day, what will she have? Some dead, beat up flowers from being dragged around Disneyland for hours.

In theoory, your idea is so good. In practice, it won't work to your advantage.

Sorry to burst your really sweet idea.

Adrienne

Fantasmic Fan
06-10-2003, 09:55 PM
I have to agree with adriennek's point about the flowers. It does sound like a very nice idea. As far as I know the only flowers that the ODV carts at DL sell are the roses from Beauty in the Beast that light up but are only sold at night. I don't know if those are the flowers that you are refering to spaced mountain guy. As far as a meeting place that is romantic, I'll have to get back to you on that one, I'm still thinking of a spot other than Snow White's Wishing Well.

keschy
06-11-2003, 11:07 AM
One thing to think about is does the girl know her way around DL? it should be someplace that she can find easily and that isn't too crowded so she can find you! I like your idea about Snow White's bridge. It is relatively easy to find even if you haven't been there alot, and it usually isn't very crowded. I agree with the other posters about the flowers. If you're going in the evening you get her a glowing rose, those are pretty. ALot easier to carry around, too. have a fun date!

adriennek
06-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Why am I starting to feel like the bad guy?

Problem with Snow White's Bridge: Character meets are making that area really crowded and it could be hard to find each other, especially if this is truly a "blind" date.

I suggest making your meet location pretty specific if you can- depending on how familiar she is with Disneyland.

This is totally not romantic -but- again, to be a voice of practicality... if she's not that familiar with Disneyland, having trouble finding each other is going to start your date off on the wrong foot right away with stress.

If she's not familiar with Disneyland, I would suggest a really obvious meeting place and then plan other romantic things after you've met and gotten that overwith.

The CALIFORNIA sign in front of DCA can be a good place because you can pick ONE letter. Maybe "L" for LOVE ;) (Just don't tell her right away that is why you picked L) Or "F" for the start of a beautiful Friendship? Just don't pick A ;)

Adrienne

06-11-2003, 01:22 PM
I love your "L" idea, adriennek!

What about candy? Meet her in the candy place on Main Street and hand her a little bag (to share!) of "sweets for the sweet".

ChipmunkStar
06-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Yes. Never pick the A....Go for the I instead ;)

Anyways, a spot that may be a little easier to find each other....hmmmm... You could meet in front of an eating establishment and get a bite to eat before the show (DTD or maybe somewhere like the Blue Bayou).

Pat-n-Eil
06-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Blind Date at Disneyland.. If you're meeting her INSIDE the park, then I assume she's an annual passholder for surely you wouldn't make her pay to get in right?

If you are meeting her inside, I'd meet her in front of the Mickey Mouse flower bed. Then you can stroll together through the brick tunnel to Main Street and perhaps make your first stop at a candy store or maybe a cinnamon roll or a coffee..

I like the DCA entance idea.. get there early and tell her you'll be the one standing in the "O" and then you can take it from there..

Andrew
06-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
I like the DCA entance idea.. get there early and tell her you'll be the one standing in the "O" and then you can take it from there..

:eek: :D

cstephens
06-11-2003, 02:47 PM
OK, here's me being different than everyone else again.

Considering it's a first date, and a blind date, to boot, I'm not sure going the super romantic route that early is the best bet. Going that fast would definitely not work on me, though of course everyone is different. I like the flower idea because it's a nice start that can be just sweet. Maybe you can pick something up on the way? I wouldn't go for anything big and nothing with serious meaning, so no dozen roses or even a single red rose. If you're going for a rose, maybe pink or yellow, or better yet, maybe a pink carnation or something without thorns. One smaller flower won't be a hassle to carry around and won't be heavy with meaning.

I agree with everyone to pick a specific place as it's hard to find someone you don't know in such a public place. Maybe the porch on Main Street? I always liked that as a meeting spot. As for the rest of the day, I wouldn't necessarily push the romantic stuff unless it happens to evolve into that during the course of the day.

Hope it goes well.

disneyscott
06-11-2003, 03:24 PM
At night you can get a light up rose on Main Street.

Pirate Girl
06-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Get her one of the classic mickey head balloons! The ones with the head inside another balloon! Or one of the custom parasols from New Orleans Square!

spaced mountain guy
06-11-2003, 06:45 PM
WOW you have all given me great ideas!! As for the blind date we have seen pics of each other and yes she has an AP, but I don't know how well she know's the parks. Looks like flowers are out but sweets could be yummy. Balloons or parasols would be in the same catagory as flowers. A pain to carry around the resort. Thanks for all of the great ideas!
Spaced

Tigertail777
06-11-2003, 10:30 PM
OK here's my idea: meet in the inside entrance of the castle, where the penny squishing machine is. Then get her a squished penny of he choice (I beleive they are all princesses). A nice little memory for the date thats easy to carry around, and it would be REALLY hard to miss each other in the castle entrance.:D