PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Updating AP info...

TIMBO
08-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Just Purchased 2 PAP's via the payment plan...Recieved the email with both tickets attached and then went into the DLR site to update our info (Had AP's in 2009).

When I go to update our AP pass info I keep getting this..."Please enter the Annual Passholder Barcode Number located on the back of your Disneyland Resort Annual Passport."

I've tried the new barcodes on the e-tickets and no-go...I've tried our barcode on the expired AP's and no-go.

Whats it looking for?

Malcon10t
08-19-2011, 09:22 PM
The new barcode on the pass you will get when the vouchers are processed.

CMHusband
08-19-2011, 09:58 PM
you might have to wait a bit. Although the passes are processed online. Humans actually do the "real" processing back stage. Maybe the codes aren't active yet.

Autopia Guy
08-19-2011, 11:52 PM
I've tried the new barcodes on the e-tickets and no-go...I've tried our barcode on the expired AP's and no-go.

Whats it looking for?

Disney's eTicket Annual Passports are not active annual pass files. It is just a placeholder with all your information already saved to it. The annual pass will activate when you first enter the parks and the complete processing at the ticket booths in the esplanade.

Once you have that, use the 18-digit barcode on the card for the website.

TIMBO
08-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Well there goes trying to get discounted Mickey's party tickets....

disneyobsessed
08-20-2011, 06:58 AM
When you do activate those passes at the park, make sure the dates are right. The tickets should only become active the first day you enter the park and then be good until that date the next year. Disney tried to short me two months when I activated our APs last week. They issued a start date of the day of activation and an expiration date one year from the date when I purchased the e-voucher. I posted on another message board about this and learned that a few other people have had similar issues.

BTW, you probably don't or would have thought of this...but do you have a Disney Visa card? I believe that's another way to get discount Mickey's Halloween Treat tickets.

3Princesses1Prince
08-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Disneyobsessed you should be able to get that date issue corrected. It seems to be a glitch in the system. That is NOT the policy and your activation date is the date your pass should start it's year from.

OP, try ordering them over the phone with your voucher info. They may be able to help you.

disneyobsessed
08-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Disneyobsessed you should be able to get that date issue corrected. It seems to be a glitch in the system. That is NOT the policy and your activation date is the date your pass should start it's year from.

OP, try ordering them over the phone with your voucher info. They may be able to help you.

I did get the problem corrected. I didn't walk away from that ticket booth window until it was fixed! Some people have not been so attentive though apparently, so I'm just getting the warning out there for people. As for ordering the tickets over the phone at a discount, it certainly never hurts to ask. I would think though that if somebody does it for you, it's more of a favor and wouldn't be covered as policy since an AP that is not activated isn't eligible for any privileges including discounts. The only loophole I've heard of is booking the AP rate at a Disney hotel without an active AP, but I've been told you need to activate your AP when you get there to keep the discount. If you did start getting the discounts and other privileges the moment you bought the AP and didn't have to wait until it was activated, then Disney might be able to make a case for this ridiculous back-dating.

3Princesses1Prince
08-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Okay, I read that other post you did. I remember someone else that didn't get it resolved and couldn't remember who it was or on which board.

bumblebeeonarose
08-23-2011, 09:12 AM
We bought our tickets at the park, but it was about 2 weeks before we could access the online portion.

TIMBO
08-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Problem solved...called DLR yesterday, gave them Our AP info and our discounted Mickey's Halloween Party tickets are in the mail.....Now to plan our costumes.

disneyobsessed
08-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Problem solved...called DLR yesterday, gave them Our AP info and our discounted Mickey's Halloween Party tickets are in the mail.....Now to plan our costumes.

Very nice! Honestly didn't know this would work.

3Princesses1Prince
08-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Very nice! Honestly didn't know this would work.

I honestly expected them to have to pick them up at Will Call and show a valid AP. But Timbo I'm glad it worked out!!

TIMBO
08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
I honestly expected them to have to pick them up at Will Call and show a valid AP. But Timbo I'm glad it worked out!!

Thanks...actually took your advice by calling and they had all my info which made it painless....