PDA

View Full Version : Take a Time Machine...

iceman559
08-19-2011, 05:59 AM
I searched, and didn't see this topic in at least the past two years, but if it's already been done, then I apologize!

Imagine you have a time machine and can travel either direction. You could visit at most two times in the history of or the future of the Disneyland/Disneyland Resort before having to return. What time period do you go to and why?

My first stop would have to be late 1961/early 1962. I'd love to see the park in it's relatively early days, but when it still had the Matterhorn and the expanded Monorail (as those are about two of my favorite rides from the park's infancy). It'd be interesting to travel back to when Walt was still in charge and just see how different it was from today. Not to mention, it's history, and I love history!

My second stop would be in the future long after I expect to be dead, like 2250 or something, just to see what the park is like then (barring the end of the world prior to that). I think it'd be interesting to see the direction the park would eventually take and just how timeless some (if any) of the rides are timeless and still around then (which I wouldn't expect). It'd also kill two birds with one stone, because I'd get to see what technology in general is like then!

ElJay
08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
For me my first trip would be late 60's/early70's. Not only was that a golden age for amusement parks in general, but right around that time Disneyland had pretty much coalesed into it's present state so it would feel familiar but fresh and new at the same time. My second trip would be in September 1990 so I could do over my first ever trip to Disneyland and not have it get ruined by my buddy and his huffy, psychotic girlfriend. :mad:

leota's necklace
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I'd have to say I would revisit my first two trips, so I could see what I missed or don't remember anymore. That would put my stops at, um, Spring 1977 and early Summer, 1987.

Bolivar
08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
While you're back there could I trouble you to buy me a bunch of Microsoft stock?