PDA

View Full Version : Proof that the DCA factories are *not* attractions!

mousketeer
06-10-2003, 12:30 PM
I noticed this on the Disneyland guide maps. I think that it proves the case that the Boudin and Mission factories are NOT attractions.

All attractions with sponsors are "presented" (Star Tours, presented by Energizer)
All restaurants with sponsors are "hosted" (French Market, hosted by Stouffers)

Here is what the sponsorship is listed as for the factories:

Mission Tortilla Factory, hosted by Mission Foods
The Boudin Bakery, hosted Boudin Bakery

Source: Guide to the Magic (2002 - 2003)

cstephens
06-10-2003, 12:52 PM
I consider them exhibits. Doesn't change what they are, no matter what you call them.

The guide map sees fit to put both McDonald's locations at DL on the map under the restaurants and food category, but Hungry Bear isn't listed. Unless the restaurant has been closed recently, that makes no sense either.

MonorailMan
06-10-2003, 03:29 PM
A CM at the Bakery told me, that:

The Bakery also bakes all the bread for the resort. Plus, they bake the cookies, and pasteries. It's not all just for show. :)

Also, the Tortilla factory makes the torillas for the entire resort. :)

:D

mousketeer
06-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
A CM at the Bakery told me, that:

The Bakery also bakes all the bread for the resort. Plus, they bake the cookies, and pasteries. It's not all just for show. :)

Also, the Tortilla factory makes the torillas for the entire resort. :)

:D

I'm surprised that those small exhibits are able to crank out so much dough ;) .

jerjer2005
06-10-2003, 07:50 PM
The factories were never meant to be "attractions" per-say. They were imput into the resort to seave a double purpose... to show the culture and ways of california food making and to be able to do a comon resort task of making pastries/breads while presenting it to the public.

DisneyFan25863
06-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
The factories were never meant to be "attractions" per-say. They were imput into the resort to seave a double purpose... to show the culture and ways of california food making and to be able to do a comon resort task of making pastries/breads while presenting it to the public.

Really? I thought they were just there because it would cost too much to put in a ride there.

experiment626
06-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Call them what you will, my family has to get their samples several times during each visit.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-11-2003, 10:52 AM
I get the feeling that those who dislike a well-designed exhibit like Boudin (at least when Rosie and Colin are up and running) would probably find most of Epcot boring.

On the other hand, I also get the feeling that anybody who does the Mission Tortilla Fiasco a second time for any reason other than to get free tortillas (or because they couldn't believe the exhibit was that badly done) would probably also enjoy a boat ride on "El Desperdicio de Tiempo," in Epcot Mexico.

cstephens
06-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
On the other hand, I also get the feeling that anybody who does the Mission Tortilla Fiasco a second time for any reason other than to get free tortillas (or because they couldn't believe the exhibit was that badly done) would probably also enjoy a boat ride on "El Desperdicio de Tiempo," in Epcot Mexico.

Didn't go on that in Mexico, but I like to go in to the tortilla exhibit to watch the tortilla machine run. I like mechanical devices, so things like that and the bread machine are fascinating to me. Of course, I can also stand there and watch people make candy and pretzels and toffee and the like too.

MonorailMan
06-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer
I'm surprised that those small exhibits are able to crank out so much dough ;) .

Don't forget, with the bakery, there's another floor. Also, the building's fairly deep. :)