PDA

View Full Version : How far from Vegas?

Mickeyslittlehelper
06-09-2003, 02:31 PM
I was just wondering how far Las Vegas is from Anaheim. And about how long to drive?

Thanks,
John

tod
06-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Rule of thumb: L.A. to Vegas is a five-hour drive.

I've made it in as little as 3.5 hours, and then there was the New Year's Day when I-15 was so crowded that the average speed was 30 mph or less, and my wife, kids and I collpased, exhausted, in the first motel in Victorville that had a vacancy after something like eight hours on the road.

But as a rule -- five hours.

--T
contact me privately for some good Vegas sites, BTW

RideMax Mark
06-09-2003, 03:18 PM
The other thing I would advise is to NEVER drive from Vegas to Anaheim on a Sunday. I-15 is a total mess as all of the weekend visitors return to Southern California!

justagrrl
06-09-2003, 06:49 PM
If you have to come back on a Sunday - plan on leaving EARLY. Like get up at 6am, pack and leave. Have breakfast on the road. Even then, you never know if there's an accident or construction going on.

We recently (within the last 2 weeks) made the trip - leaving on a Saturday at 8am from OC we arrived at 12:30.

We drove back on Tuesday leaving at about noon - we got back at 4:45pm.

evildorko
06-09-2003, 11:08 PM
left friday at 2pm and got into vegas around 630. on the way back, we left around 11:30, stopped in primm valley for some shopping for about 2 hours and made it back into town by 630 or so.....the I-15 is currently undergoing a widening project as it goes from 2-3 lanes. the northbound route is mostly finished (la to vegas), but the southbound route is still being worked on and a little after primm, was even cut over onto the new lanes from the northbound route which made both directions rather slow for something like 30 miles or so.....

jrad32
06-10-2003, 09:34 AM
I-15 from Vegas to Anaheim on Sunday is best avoided, but from Anaheim to Vegas is fine.

By the way it takes between 3 1/2 and 4 hours., unless your are a snail.

mikala
06-13-2003, 08:33 PM
All that driving and traffic? Your better if flying.

:D

DivaPrincess
06-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Flying? That's crazy. The drives a cinch. Just avoid Friday nights Anaheim to Vegas and Sunday afternoons Vegas to Anaheim. It consistantly takes us 4 and 1/2 hours - and that usually includes some traffic on I-91, road construction and a stop for food.

Isn't that funny that the people from the LA area come to Vegas for vacation, and us from Vegas go to the LA area for vacation?

mikala
06-14-2003, 09:32 PM
DIVAPRINCESS :Isn't that funny that the people from the LA area come to Vegas for vacation, and us from Vegas go to the LA area for vacation?

It is weird. However, I am happy we utilize our annual passes with a monthly trip. I must be spoiled. We don't drive anymore. My husband also dreads that drive. It takes away about 9 extra hours of fun.

;) Mikala

DivaPrincess
06-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Mikala-

You are spoiled! How do you get from the airport to Disneyland? I know you can get some really good deals flying, so you it proabably doesn't cost too much more than driving with these crazy gas prices. I wonder, though, if by the time you get to the airport early and transfer to DL you really end up saving that much time? But, then you aren't driving through one of the most boring deserts in the world. I must admit, though, that I often enjoy the chance to drive as an opportunity to catch up with my husband. When we run out of things to talk about, we play quirky games that we've invented.

It's nice to know we aren't the only AP/MPers from Las Vegas. We'll probably take 5-6 trips with our passes, one for a week in the fall. I wish we could go once a month!:)

slaakker
06-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Haven't posted here on MP for a while but wanted to be added to the cool crowd from Vegas!

mikala
06-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey slaakker. Cool to know there is many from Vegas.

Diva Princess-well alot of the time airfare is anywhere between $55-$95, unless we buy the day of (which was last week), plus it is about $14.00 each way per person from LAX, or Burbank via Supershuttle. Not including a tip, and seeing as though I am from Vegas-we are big on tipping.

I think it is more the luxury of arriving there in 50 minutes, plus a short drive depending on where you land. So technically the time cuts in about half including arriving about a 1/2 hour prior. I know, I know-they say an hour. Well even then we get picked up from our house most of the time via a Limo Service on this end.

The only thing is we may end up renting a car if we're going to the Angels or Dodgers games, or other things. I am in the travel business so I definately apply my discounts. Otherwise Supershuttle and the Crowne Plaza (never staying there again) shuttles work great.

I just have to add something else that I am really excited about-we are going to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea next May. Doing lots of research, and oh are we excited. Just had to share that.

Thanks, Mikala