PDA

View Full Version : $139 So Cal 3 Day Ticket Question

SteveK
08-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Thinking about purchasing this...quick question though. If I purchase today and use the first time, can I upgrade to an AP in let's say two weeks? If so, is there a drop dead date where I can no longer upgrade? I believe you have 45 days to use this pass after the first day of use.

Getting my bonus at the end of August which will help cover the difference between the $139 and AP price.

Thanks in advance for any help.

fairestoneofall
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
If it's like previous local and summer deals, you can upgrade it. Your would get the ticket value of $139 towards your pass. You should be able to upgrade it on any of your three visits, but not after. Also, you're AP expiration date will be the date of your first visit with the 3 day ticket.

jananafish
08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
it's kind of a bummer that it is not a 3-day parkhopper ticket though. just one park per day :( i can't convince my bf to get it while he's off work this week because he likes going back and forth.

currence
08-02-2011, 12:54 PM
They usually give you the option to upgrade to park-hoppers for a bit more. I believe this year it is $15 more to get the so-cal ticket as a 3-day parkhopper

jananafish
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
hmm if it is only $15 more then maybe i can convince him...because he certainly won't pay for a socal select AP even though it is only $60 more...i can't get him to go to DL more than 3x in any calendar year :(

CMHusband
08-02-2011, 04:50 PM
If it's like previous local and summer deals, you can upgrade it. Your would get the ticket value of $139 towards your pass. You should be able to upgrade it on any of your three visits, but not after. Also, you're AP expiration date will be the date of your first visit with the 3 day ticket.

This is correct. and if you want to use a monthly payment contract with your upgrade you better do it within 2 weeks of your first use. They won't backdate and so no monthly payment plan for your upgrade.

SteveK
08-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info...appreciate the responses.

jananafish
08-02-2011, 06:10 PM
This is correct. and if you want to use a monthly payment contract with your upgrade you better do it within 2 weeks of your first use. They won't backdate and so no monthly payment plan for your upgrade.

that is really helpful info! i'm still trying to convince bf to get an AP. cross your fingers for me :D

Disneyvious
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
A great way to save money would be to purchase this ticket, use it for three days in Summer and on the last day upgrade to the cheapest pass. Since the cheapest pass would of had you blocked out for pretty much all of Summer, this way you get 3 days of Summer. Also, they are currently selling the 3 day park hopper for $199. So I would recommend buying that one too than upgrading, which I believe are the same cost.