PDA

View Full Version : Golden Zephyr is being taken apart!!

Ralph Wiggum
08-15-2001, 11:46 PM
Check out the second picture at this link:

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=815017

Golden Zephyr's cars are gone as well as most of the cables. COULD IT BE ON ITS WAY TO YESTERLAND!!!

Also pictures of the fastpass and queue for Millionaire

Doodle Duck
08-16-2001, 07:57 AM
Actually they are just being re-designed...they will be back as Bannanas to complement the beautiful Orange that is next door. (Did I say beautiful and mean eyesore? The Orange is the kind of structure Cal-Trans could be proud of.) Also the Bee seats are being abandoned and folks will be dangled by their armpits instead, the theme now being that 'guests' are "...little seeds...on a magical journey of life through a fruit."

lisap
08-16-2001, 09:33 AM
hahahaha:)
Don't forget most seeds end up in bird droppings....oops I think I took that word picture a bit too far....

Morrigoon
08-17-2001, 03:38 AM
lisap: sorry to get off topic, but I just LOVE your P&P avatars!!!
**jealousy**

Maleficent0
08-17-2001, 06:17 AM
I spoke with a CM last week that was in front of the ride. He said that the cars were being refit with newly designed "landing gear" that will allow for the ride to be operational *all day* regardless of the wind conditions. He said that it was only going to take a few weeks to complete.

lisap
08-17-2001, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
lisap: sorry to get off topic, but I just LOVE your P&P avatars!!!
**jealousy**

Thanks, friend :) Thought it time for a change...

DisneylandKid
08-18-2001, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Malecifent
I spoke with a CM last week that was in front of the ride. He said that the cars were being refit with newly designed "landing gear" that will allow for the ride to be operational *all day* regardless of the wind conditions. He said that it was only going to take a few weeks to complete.
I heard the same thing.

Kuzcotopia
08-18-2001, 12:13 PM
One ride down, 12 to go!

-Kuzcotopia

Napsto
08-18-2001, 12:54 PM
should have done it right the first time, so now the yhave to pay for it now.

Gregmh48
08-18-2001, 04:11 PM
While it's down they should also make the ride time longer because there is hardly ever a line for it.