PDA

View Full Version : AP Upgrades now that processing centers are closed

norriski
08-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Let me start by saying I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I did do a search and was unable to find it.

My question is now that Disney has closed the AP processing centers where are those who are wanting to upgrade a park ticket to an annual pass to go? Must they now wait in like at the ticket kiosks? We are going to the parks on later this week and my traveling buddy was planning on buying his one day ticket on line then upgrading at the processing center in order to avoid the ticket kiosks.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Malcon10t
08-01-2011, 12:52 PM
We are going to the parks on later this week and my traveling buddy was planning on buying his one day ticket on line then upgrading at the processing center in order to avoid the ticket kiosks.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.The ticket booth is where you upgrade. It has been faster there in recent years than to try and do it at the AP centers, the AP centers were only needed for pics. If he is getting the ticket online, have him enjoy the first part of the day, then upgrade in the afternoon when the lines are short.

norriski
08-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks Malcon10t, That is what I thought but wasn't totally sure. I became a moot point as he just decided to by his AP on line instead. (He gets to enjoy the payment options just opened up to us in the valley while I renewed my AP about 2 months before that went into effect.) - Again, thanks for the response!

Doombuggy1932
08-12-2011, 08:12 AM
I renewed my annual pass online after it had expired. The E-Ticket i received says to take the ticket i receive from the turnstyles to the AP Processing Center to receive my card. I thought i read somewhere (on here or other discussion boards) that the Processing Centers were shut down. Is this the case, or are they shutting down in the future?

candles71
08-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I believe thay are already shut down, and you would just need a ticket booth at some point in your day (when there is no line.).

Doombuggy1932
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
i thought they were shut down. the email i got specifically mentions that i wont have to wait in line at the ticket booths. it kinda confused me, and i hate waiting in those lines at the booths. even in the middle of the day, it seems like every time i walk by them, the lines are always long.

Malcon10t
08-12-2011, 10:26 AM
i thought they were shut down. the email i got specifically mentions that i wont have to wait in line at the ticket booths. it kinda confused me, and i hate waiting in those lines at the booths. even in the middle of the day, it seems like every time i walk by them, the lines are always long.In the past few months, when I have needed to do something at the ticket booths, I have always been able to just walk up to a window. (On the Harbor side.) I haven't had to wait once. Even at 10am!

ChrisGlass
08-12-2011, 10:31 AM
The AP centers say to go to any ticket booth to do any AP stuff.

candles71
08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
i thought they were shut down. the email i got specifically mentions that i wont have to wait in line at the ticket booths. it kinda confused me, and i hate waiting in those lines at the booths. even in the middle of the day, it seems like every time i walk by them, the lines are always long.

It sounds like they haven't updated to auto text in the email. We always just look for short line/ no line. We too look around at all the booths on both sides, there is invariably a window open off to one side that NO ONE sees for some reason.
One option, would be if you arrived the night before, you could always process that night they is usually no line at all at night close to closing. Only downside is your experation date would be that date not the next one. You also only need to make sure it is processed some time before close the day you do use it, so it could be 8 pm, or whatever.