PDA

View Full Version : Mickey has No Friends Here

mousketeer
06-07-2003, 04:58 PM
This picture really describes me anger:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dca/luminaria16.jpg

This is a photograph of the ramps leaving the Mickey&Friends parking structure. Notice the traffic jam going to Ball Road. Now view the flyover direct to the Manchester ramps: not a car. This ramp was the perfect addition except for one problem: no one ever gets to use it. This is because of those darn cones allowing only certain only the most un-used lanes to utilize this convenience. So here is my question: what levels can use it!

tod
06-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Oh great, another "improvement" to the Disneyland Resort Experience™.

--T
wondering if the guy who did that was the same joker who called all the red Ford Fiestas out of line and sent 'em to Bambi Section so there would be a solid line of red cars in Bambi 1 facing the Red Runway.

Did you know that red Ford Fiestas were almost always rental cars?

I wonder if he did.

tangaroa
06-07-2003, 06:04 PM
The flyovers are used during the day to give those exiting from the freeway a quick and easy way into the structure. When the traffic is headed INTO the structure from the flyover, the cones are put up and the signs are changed to read NO ENTRY from the opposite direction.

At a certain point in the day, the direction of traffic is supposed to be changed to allow those exiting the structure access to the flyovers and the freeway entrance on Manchester. But obviously they don't always change the direction and simply leave it set up for one way traffic only.

Not Afraid
06-07-2003, 06:15 PM
I use the flyover all the time. It is open going into the structure in the mornings/early afternoons and open in the opposite direction when the park is closing. Occasionally, there will be too much traffic at a unexpected time and the fyover isn't open. I've seen this happen twice in about 120 visits - ie: not very often.

MonorailMan
06-07-2003, 06:46 PM
We love the flyover, becuse then we just U at the light. (shh...) :fez:

MonorailMan
06-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer
This picture really describes me anger:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dca/luminaria16.jpg

This is a photograph of the ramps leaving the Mickey&Friends parking structure. Notice the traffic jam going to Ball Road. Now view the flyover direct to the Manchester ramps: not a car.s ramp was the perfect addition except for one problem: no one ever gets to use it. This is because of those darn cones allowing only certain only the most un-used lanes to utilize this convenience. So here is my question: what levels can use it!

:geek: Geek Warning: :geek:

The yellow signs indiate that the "Ramp Closed"! Also, if you zoom in, you can see the red "seems like the only time you used it was on the driver's test" X (I know this because I'm a "traffic layout" nut.)

All levels can use it, just get to the left most lane. :)

Also, semi-funny, you can see a black truck and a car trying to get into the other traffic. Looks like they thought they could pull a "fast one", by swirving around the cones that were put up after their ramp. :)

mousketeer
06-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Thank's for the clarification MonorailMan.

So I'm correct in saying that cars from all levels will have the opportunity to use the flyover?