PDA

View Full Version : POTC Premiere

TinkB71
06-07-2003, 01:15 AM
Does anyone know how to take part in watching the "stars" come down the "Red Carpet" for the premier of POTC? If at all possible!:D

swtkissez
06-08-2003, 07:51 PM
I have a feeling that they won't let anyone but the press take part in the red carpet arrivals, mainly because of security issues. but thats just my theory. :)

crc9998
06-09-2003, 09:11 AM
That would be awesome!!! I would love to see them walking in!

snappy
06-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Just received the press kit for the Premiere!! States we have to arrive at 5:30pm to work the red carpet. Attire is Carribean/Island casual. Also were given tickets to something else. Wish I could take the real devoted Disney Fans from Mouseplanet. :(

stagedoorjonny
06-17-2003, 11:30 AM
They will need to come in the front gates I presume. Maybe people could view from out there?

DisneyFan25863
06-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by stagedoorjonny
They will need to come in the front gates I presume. Maybe people could view from out there?

They may also come in from the backstage entrence near Splash Mountian

Christiii
06-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Im still tring to get in..since our sister company is doing the production and lighting for the thing..I just hate to beg my way info show..but I kinda cant help it on this one :-)

Christiii
06-17-2003, 11:42 AM
into shows..not info shows..oops!!

RStar
06-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
into shows..not info shows..oops!!

I knew that:rolleyes: ;)

Locke Aidan
06-17-2003, 01:19 PM
From what I've heard, guests will be allowed on Main Street to watch the red carpet intro for a little while.

pkcdust
06-18-2003, 07:37 AM
KYSR (STAR 98.7) gave tickets away to the Premiere all last weekend, and those tickets allow them to "play" in the westside of the park, watch the movie AND see the red carpet entrance.

I'm not quite sure why people think red carpets are so exclusive...they barely have security at some of them! The only time there is HIGH security is if they're at a studio...otherwise they're super lax with everything. They happen almost every week in Westwood w/o much fanfare unless THEY create it.

sancho
06-18-2003, 07:52 AM
Will the movie be views inside DL? Where?

SoCalSnowWhite
06-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Ok, but the question remains.....How can I get to see Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom walk down the red carpet?? What do I have to do to get in there???:confused: :confused:

Andrew
06-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SoCalSnowWhite
Ok, but the question remains.....How can I get to see Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom walk down the red carpet?? What do I have to do to get in there???:confused: :confused:

Get hired, and quick.

Polar33
06-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Get hired, and quick.

And even that won't guarentee you would get to see it. I just put in a shift change form so I could work the event and I truly don't expect to see much more than the backside of bleachers. But I'm sure it will be a fun shift regardless.

You could always keep an eye out on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2178129214&category=16071) but it will cost 'ya.

chrised43
06-21-2003, 05:58 PM
If your interested in who will be at the premiere, check out this list at http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030620/laf038c_2.html. Looks like it should be a nice turnout.

TruCinderella
06-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Get hired, and quick.
the bummer is you cant use your cast member ID to get into the park that day (goes the same for july 4th) :rolleyes: I was thinking of trying to pick up a shift that day but nah its not even worth the shot (even though ive *heard* that the stars might be playing in the park that day)

corrinhorn
06-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Disneyfan is probably more right. They have all of the carts for driving around the stars for the Premire behind the ODV Wherehouse, as well as a Huge RV, The stars are all going to have their own Trailers backstage so that they can get ready and such, so for all of you hoping to see the stars enter through Main street, I wouldn't count on it, but Maybe...

Sancho, it is going to be viewed in the same place Fantasmic is except that there will be Bleachers set up, (anyone going to the park next week, look out.) I have heard that they are Choppering in the screen that day, and getting it in place for the majority of Saturday.

Polar, I agree, It would be nice to work, but unfortunately I have a very good friends wedding to go to. (I caught poop for that from all of my "Orlando Bloom crazy" female friends.) But think of the tip!!! That will make the back of the bleachers look a lot nicer!:D

Polar33
06-22-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by corrinhorn
They have all of the carts for driving around the stars for the Premire behind the ODV Wherehouse, as well as a Huge RV

And a fountain. Can't exactly figure out why, but they brought a fountain.

And considering the proximity of all the studio stuff that's going to be in the ODV office area something tells me that the managers are going to get an email to clean up the building, keep the doors shut, and keep the CMs away. :D

pkcdust
06-22-2003, 03:50 PM
there will also be "special" fireworks at 11:30pm ... so they plan on having everyone kicking it there till at least midnight! :)

TruCinderella
06-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by corrinhorn
so for all of you hoping to see the stars enter through Main street, I wouldn't count on it, but Maybe...

now i dont know about that- i heard from several cast members working that day that they are rolling out a very long red carpet down mainstreet so if the red carpet isnt for the stars then who? (the joke is -if your working crowd control that day be prepared to work as a human chain haha)

PhilMP
06-23-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
And a fountain. Can't exactly figure out why, but they brought a fountain.

And considering the proximity of all the studio stuff that's going to be in the ODV office area something tells me that the managers are going to get an email to clean up the building, keep the doors shut, and keep the CMs away. :D

Geez, how I'd love to be over there right now (well...the schedule does have me working that week, as if they expect me to drive 3000 miles over there). I'd be hanging out all night long...on the premise of "smoking a cigarette".

However, I don't know how they'd expect to keep the doors closed, with the tuggers having to drop stuff off and whatnot.

Phil