PDA

View Full Version : EQCA Swim for Equality - Please Help!

shna
07-28-2011, 11:20 AM
As you probably know, LGBT Equality is something about which Iím rather passionate. Iím tired of seeing friends and family members denied the same rights that my husband and I have been automatically given. Iím tired of hearing about good, decent people and their families being made to suffer because they donít adhere to othersí versions of morality.

Iíve made donations to various groups which are working to fight against discrimination. I am a regular on the Prop 8 Trial Tracker website. I am now taking one more step ó I am ďtaking the plungeĒ by swimming 1.7 miles in open water to achieve equality for LGBT Californians and to raise awareness, visibility, and money for the cause. The Swim for Equality will take place on September 24th in Malibu, CA.

I need your help. Not with the swimming part ó Iíve got that pretty well-covered.

Will you please make a donation so I can get to my fundraising finish line?

Your support will benefit Equality California, the group who is on the front lines advocating for LGBT Californians in Sacramento, and leading incredible door-to-door canvasses in areas where we need more support for marriage equality.

Thanks in advance for your support. It means so much to me that you will help me in the fight for equality.

My Donation Page (http://www.eqca.org/equalityswim/shayna)

shna
08-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow - this is coming up fast. The swim is six weeks from tomorrow. If you're so inclined, please consider making a donation.

Thanks!

Mermaid
08-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I donated a little. My sister is walking 99 miles in AZ this week for the same cause! I am going to show her this when she is done- this is right up her alley as a former swimmer!

shna
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Thank you so much, Sheena! Please PM me her donation link & I'll help her out.

shna
08-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Holy Crow -- this is sneaking up on me. The swim is now just over five weeks away.

*small moment of panic*

shna
08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
The swim is now under four weeks away.

If you're against discrimination, please help me out! I'm less than 1/2 way to my fundraising goal & am starting to stress out about it.

shna
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Only 11 days to go now before my swim. I'm now over 1/2 way to my fundraising goal, but would still appreciate any help anyone can toss my way!

shna
09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Holy Crow -- the swim is now only three days away!

Drince88
09-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Good luck!

shna
09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you, Cathy! Between the swim on Saturday & MouseAdventure on Sunday, I'm becoming a twitching little ball of anxiety. I'm gonna go swim laps today for the last time before the swim. Hopefully that will calm me down a little (but I doubt it). It looks like I'm not going to make my fundraising goal for the swim -- but I've still raised over a thousand dollars, so I don't feel like a complete slouch.

Packing on Friday evening is going to wig me out even more. Making sure to remember all the things needed for two major events is going to mess with my head - I just know it.

Drince88
09-22-2011, 09:31 AM
You'll be fine.
Make lists if you need to (in fact, if I were in your situation, I'd have a full sheet of paper with 'things not to forget'!)

shna
09-22-2011, 10:27 AM
You'll be fine.
Make lists if you need to (in fact, if I were in your situation, I'd have a full sheet of paper with 'things not to forget'!)

Oh yes. List-making is actually on my list of things to do. :D

Mermaid
09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Good luck!!

shna
09-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Thank you! I'm actually thinking I may reach my goal today. I wasn't optimistic yesterday, but I am today. Yay!