PDA

View Full Version : Carnation Dreaming

mousketeer
06-06-2003, 09:05 PM
As part of my "texas chainsaw" attempt to put on some weight, I went for an "eat 'till you explode" dinner at Ruby's. While scarfing down a mint malt, my mind was suddenly flooded with good old memories of the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor. Oh, those where the days. Table service and real flatware, not to mention those themed sundaes. Its a shame that the signature menu did not carry over to the Carnation Cafe. This is truly on of Disneyland's greatest losses. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Werner
06-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I agree! Carnation was a special ritual for my relatives. We always went there at 3pm for a hot fudge sundae (I always got the "junior" size). We always seemed to have one particular waiter -- I think his name might have been David -- who was especially nice. Overall a great place and so fun to sit outside and watch the Main St goings-on. Thank heaven we still have Coke Corner and Piano Man Rod (does his protege Alan still play there, too?) Coke Corner and those guys are another dying breed!

MammaSilva
06-07-2003, 09:08 PM
I remember 1992.... Splash Mountain Sunday OMG it was HUGE!