PDA

View Full Version : Pirates is clean and shiny

Pirate Girl
06-06-2003, 03:02 PM
I rode POTC yesterday and it looked really good after the refurb. Everything was cleaned and dusted and polished. I think they touched up the paint too! Any thoughts?

CrayZforDisney
06-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Was the water level low? Were all of the audio anamatronics working?

greinstein
06-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Was on Pirates this morning. All anamatronics were working and the water level appeared fine--cannon shells were below water level. Only noticed one new figure, a skeleton, while going up the waterfall. No "dead goats".

The sound seemed to be cleared-up. By that I mean you could hear each individual figure, not the hodge-podge of sounds that I remember from the past.

The lighting was different. The individual figures seemed to have spotlights on them. For example, in the barrel where the girl used to be hiding, now a cat, it was hard to see the cat because it was darker, but the nearby pirate was lit much brighter by a spotlight.

I wonder if there will be any additions overnight once the movie comes out.

Morrigoon
06-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear it.

jerjer2005
06-06-2003, 08:24 PM
this is a great uplifting post. its refreshing to see a ride come up from rehab with such a great outcome! cant wait for the Indy rehab in January. I hope theres a real postive outcome there too! Gooooooooooooooooooo Rehabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DopeyLover
06-06-2003, 08:27 PM
I wanna see the falling rocks/ice effect back again. I never got to really see that working. I wonder if they will spring for a new ice machine for Indy?

DL4EVER
06-06-2003, 08:41 PM
As it has been said before, fixing the ice machine and or replacing it would involve removing the roof of Indy.........

HBTiggerFan
06-06-2003, 09:58 PM
....and this thread is about Pirates...

Is the fog going into the fort battle scene still really thick?

Pirate Girl
06-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Is the fog going into the fort battle scene still really thick?

It's thick, but not as thick as it has been in the past. Personally, I think that they finally found a good amount. In the past it has almost been too thick to see and/or breathe. ;) Now it's just enough so guests are like 'whoa, fog!' and not 'Whoa, fog, jeeze!' :fez: