PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist Success at VGC!

Toocherie
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
I had booked a 1-bedroom at VGC the weekend of MouseAdventure (Sept. 24th) so I could spend that evening with some friends who are playing the next day. Then it turned out a bunch of friends were going to be there that weekend so I wanted to add Friday night--no go! I waitlisted several weeks ago for Friday night and got the word yesterday (via email) that my waitlist request was filled! So happy!

DisneyFunFamily4
07-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Yay, congrats! that's awesome.

Mermaid
07-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Awesome!! We are still waiting for a Fri and Saturday night in October. We were able to get the Thursday. You have given me some hope!

Hannahbelle
07-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Awesome TC!! We wait listed it too for MA weekend, but if it doesnt happen it wont be a total bummer. I can use the "saved" points for our Spring 2012 WDW trip. Im hoping to get a studio with a Theme Park view at BLT. :-)

Mermaid
07-24-2011, 12:36 PM
I called today and the Sat was available in a 1BR. So, we have the 13th in a studio and the 15th in a 1BR right now. I am wait listed for a studio for the 14/15 and a for a 1BR for the 13/14. I am considering changing them to just wait for either one on the 14th, thinking I will have a better shot of getting the one day vs the 2, since I have been waiting for about 2 months now with no luck, except for picking up a day here and there when I call to check on the individual days.

Mermaid
10-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Update- my waitlist came through a while ago so we had Thurs in a studio and Fri and Sat in a 1BR. I then waited for the 1BR up until 7 days, but no luck. So, I remember someone saying the called every day the week of and lucked out, so I figured I'd try that. DH said, why don't you ask for a 2BR too since we have the points (no "big" trip for a few years with the baby coming). So, I called this morning (Sun). The CM said no on the 1BR, but put me on hold to "look further" into the 2BR. I thought that sounded promising. He came back and sure enough, we have a 2BR booked for the first night! It is way more than we need, but I think we will all sleep better being in separate rooms.

I am wondering if they had one in cash inventory that they released for points or something, since he had to look into it. I know the hotel portion is booked solid those days, so maybe opening up the studio helps with any oversold situation in the hotel? Either way, I am happy and excited for out first DVC stay in 4 days!