PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Fastpasses at DL?

Pages : [1] 2

punkyv
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM
My friend came back from DL and said that Fastpasses were not there anymore for a few rides (Buzz, Indy...) Does anyone know what is happening?

iceman559
07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
My friend came back from DL and said that Fastpasses were not there anymore for a few rides (Buzz, Indy...) Does anyone know what is happening?

Well, I'm 99.9% sure they replaced the Buzz fastpasses with Star Tours because A) Star Tours needs it right now and B) Buzz fastpass was never used as it was never needed.

As far as Indy goes, I'd be surprised if they actually got rid of that completely. Maybe they just weren't using them for some reason?

MidwayManiac
07-20-2011, 01:55 PM
The Buzz machines are now the Star Tours machines, so your friend is correct.

Indy fastpasses haven't changed

dban3
07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Indy fastpasses haven't changed

Could you imagine IJA without fastpasses? In the late 90's, before the fastpass system, I seem to recall lines stretch out through Adventureland and into the hub.

punkyv
07-20-2011, 04:22 PM
I totally agree (about no Indy FP being an unwelcome thought). When she said that Buzz FPs are gone, i was upset because I use those the most. Were there any other FP changes?

Malcon10t
07-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Indy FPs were there on Monday, so maybe your friend just missed them.

adriennek
07-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Indy FPs were there on Monday, so maybe your friend just missed them.

I wonder if she didn't know to look for them, since they're really closer to Jungle Cruise than Indy?

iceman559
07-20-2011, 05:50 PM
When she said that Buzz FPs are gone, i was upset because I use those the most.

The last couple times I've gone, FPs for Buzz would have been pointless. It was literally just walk on all day every day my last two or three visits, granted the trips were when the park wasn't busy at all. I don't think you'll have to worry too much about that anymore, unless Buzz gets super busy again once the crowds pick up.

MadasaHatter
07-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I almost never use an Indy Fast Pass because I only generally ride it once a day (not my favorite ride but I do indeed like it) and if you go in the morning I never really seem to be in line until after the projector room and that is about 80% of the line (about a 10 minute wait) Buzz Lightyear also is kinda boring after TSMM. I am very very bummed they got rid of the SINGLE RIDER LINE. THat is sad to me.

dban3
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I wonder if she didn't know to look for them, since they're really closer to Jungle Cruise than Indy?

Yes....the best views (& pictures) of the Jungle Cruise loading area and up river come from the Indiana Jones Fastpass machines. Seems kind of strange.

IllusionOfLife
07-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Could you imagine IJA without fastpasses? In the late 90's, before the fastpass system, I seem to recall lines stretch out through Adventureland and into the hub.

I remember waiting in one of those kind of lines with my dad. We entered the line about even with the entrance to Enchanted Tiki Room.

adriennek
07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
I remember waiting in one of those kind of lines with my dad. We entered the line about even with the entrance to Enchanted Tiki Room.

When it opened we entered the switchbacks by Golden Horseshoe. ;)

MidwayManiac
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Could you imagine IJA without fastpasses?

No I couldn't. IJA is one of several rides that doesn't feel all that fast even with a fastpass. But still it's better than the alternative. Soarin' is the same way imo.

Treacle
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
I personally cannot stand fast passes. I use them all the time, but I'm with the crowd that believe they've been detrimental to the parks. There are a lot of posts about why this is the case.

But they still have them, and lines for standby are way longer because of them. Case in point, Thunder Mountain, before fast passes was very often nearly a walk on. Post Fast Passes, I've never seen it empty enough to be defined so. Just doesn't happen.

They've also been taking more and more of them out. Little is served in providing fast passes.

Rides with fast passes:
Space Mountain, Star Tours, Autopia, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion Overlay, Roger Rabbits Toon Town Spin(occasionally).

Rides that used to have fast pass: Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz Light Year

All those rides seem to run more smoothly than they did with fast pass. Even lower occupancy rides, I imagine would have improved times for standby lines if you didn't have to always wait for fast-passers. And finally there's Disney handing out 'Fast Pass' freebies to their hotel guests, which further delay standby guests.

Clark Griswold
07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I am very very bummed they got rid of the SINGLE RIDER LINE. THat is sad to me.

This may have been covered elsewhere in these forums, but I wasn't aware that this had happened. I was last at Disneyland over New Years and the single rider lines were still there for Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain.

punkyv
07-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Rides that used to have fast pass: Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz Light Year

HM fastpasses are gone? I never used them but I did not realize they took them out. When???

dban3
07-21-2011, 08:46 PM
No I couldn't. IJA is one of several rides that doesn't feel all that fast even with a fastpass. But still it's better than the alternative. Soarin' is the same way imo.

Yeah....On crowded days you feel so special passing all those people in line with the fastpass admission only to find there's still a 30 minute wait at the end of your walk.....

ChrisGlass
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM

HM fastpasses are gone? I never used them but I did not realize they took them out. When???

HM's are only active during the Haunted Mansion Holiday. That area is always there, but just closed off during the rest of the year.

Astro Blasters still has long lines during the day when the kids dominate the park.

houseofmouse
07-22-2011, 09:24 AM
How about FP's that are useless? Goofy's Sky School. Was quicker to do single rider than wait 30 mins for Fast Pass. I know it was July but even Soarin had this issue as well.
Autopias' are useless most days as well. Twice they weren't even taking them and one night the line ended up being 40 mins. Getting stuck in that smelly Car room just drives me crazy!
Rides that could use Fast Pass? Peter Pan, however I am aware it does not work like WDW and would make the already ridiculous wait for that ride, even longer. We don't even ride it anymore.
Just my two cents. :)

cstephens
07-22-2011, 11:14 AM
How about FP's that are useless? Goofy's Sky School. Was quicker to do single rider than wait 30 mins for Fast Pass. I know it was July but even Soarin had this issue as well.

But I don't think it's fair to compare Fastpass to single rider. Single rider is fine as long as you don't mind riding without the rest of your group. If you're doing a group thing, though, Fastpass is the only way to go other than stand-by.

houseofmouse
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I agree, if I was with my friends I would wait but really 30 mins for fast pass? However, mostly I am with my kids and they would rather ride single rider than wait. Which is fine.

candles71
07-22-2011, 09:30 PM
This may have been covered elsewhere in these forums, but I wasn't aware that this had happened. I was last at Disneyland over New Years and the single rider lines were still there for Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain.

I believe Hatter was refering to Toy Story in particular. They took the single rider line out of TSMM.

Madame Liota
07-23-2011, 02:00 AM
I've seen them use the HM FPs during regular times on super busy days, but most time the wait is only 20 min so no reaal need. Now during the holidays its needed because the line can be an hour cuz everyone wants to see Jack.

dban3
07-23-2011, 08:43 AM
I almost treat fastpasses like a game. If we stay for several days, how many times will we actually need to use one? Can you get through 4 or 5 days without ever using one? The trick is to get to the park (DL or DCA) early and hustle. Timing is everything - Indy, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, and Soarin, (and now Star Tours), are probably the only rides that really need them. GRR in hot weather. There are those few days a year when the park maxes out on guests (holidays, early June) - then all bets are off.

danyoung
07-24-2011, 06:31 PM

Well, while that was true it really had nothing to do with FP. The original line was that long because it was a brand new attraction. Now that it's settled down, FP along with single rider make this a very manageable attraction even during the busy times.