PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Ride

Pages : [1] 2

thamnarestan
08-15-2001, 04:13 PM
Everyone has an attraction that he avoids like the plague. Which attraction (including permanant shows such as Tiki Room or Honey I Shrunk the Audience) do you dislike the most in Disneyland

Personally, I hate the Small World boat ride.

beanpole
08-15-2001, 04:57 PM
There's only one attraction at DL that I avoid like the plague: Innoventions. While I appreciate the sophisticated AA figure (Tom Morrow II), there's little edutainment to be found in the consumer-grade PC software and uninspired corporate displays scattered about the showroom floor. Repeated visits over the years haven't revealed anything on the cutting edge of technology, so it's doubtful that I'll ever step foot in there again.

FantasmicFan82
08-15-2001, 05:02 PM
Gadgets Go-Coaster.

This ride bites. been on it a few times, but it's not worth the 30 minutes wait for a 30 second ride. :mad: Maybe on the off season i'll go on it, haven't been on it since it opened.

DisneylandKid
08-15-2001, 05:33 PM
This isn't a ride, but I don't think they should have the Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (or whatever it is called) at "The Happiest Place on Earth." Now that creates a bad image if you know what I mean...

Gemini Cricket
08-15-2001, 07:56 PM
I thought I would have a list of rides I didn't like - but I guess I don't. Depending on the mood I'm in I could ride just about any of them.

But if I'd have to pick one, I'd agree with FantasmicFan82 - Gadget's Go-Caoster is embarassingly short.

Dreamstaker
08-15-2001, 08:08 PM
Autopia.

But it's not the rides fault. The theming is cute, the chevron billboard with the bad jokes is nice and I even like the chevron cars in that round tower area.

I just don't want to drive. I drive all the time and I don't want to drive a tiny car that can't go over 3 miles an hour.

stan4d_steph
08-16-2001, 08:20 AM
I have to agree with you there, Dreamstaker. Living in the Orange County/LA area I get more than enough drive time during my regular life. I believe this ride definitely appeals more to those too young to drive a regular car. I really liked it when I was younger though.

I would have to say one ride that I will never go on again is Mulholland Madness at DCA. That thing gave me bruises!

mad4mky
08-16-2001, 08:26 AM
It's a toss up for me...Country Bear Jamboree and Autopia. My kids are tired of Country Bear also, so we have no argument there. We're kind of glad to see it go to Yesterland. But Autopia...my two youngest (and remember when you were a kid and just LOVED it... You could drive!!) drag me on it all the time. Yuck. :(

no1here
08-16-2001, 09:47 PM
I hate Dumbo. 90 minutes for a 90 second ride - oh that's worth it! Who wants to spin in circles anyway?
:confused:

Morrigoon
08-17-2001, 02:16 AM
I'll give mine in a second, but first my response to the previous posts-
(can't resist)

I LIKE CBJ and I'm sorry to see it go... hopefully someone will be smart enough to save the show and add it to DCA, which so desperately needs some kid-friendly entertainment, even if it needs another show like Mikey needs another share of company stock.

Small world is less appealing to me now that I'm older, but I will ALWAYS give it a ride or two during the Christmas season.

Okay, the ride I don't like is.... (and put off doing as long as I can get away with it):
The tram ride back to the parking structure
Superstar Limo (do dca rides count?)
Astro Orbiter (dumbo is eye candy, and has a view - this ride, on the other hand has no view since its removal from the Peoplemover tower, and the sculpture rarely works anymore, and it's painted in all those rather boring "trendy" colors that will be outdated in 3...2...1... )

stan4d_steph
08-17-2001, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
... Okay, the ride I don't like is.... (and put off doing as long as I can get away with it):
The tram ride back to the parking structure
Superstar Limo (do dca rides count?)...

Have to agree with you on Superstar Limo. That ride was pretty lame. Yeah, DCA rides count, see my post above regarding Mulholland Madness.

Corith
08-17-2001, 11:28 AM
Disneyland: Innoventions (does that count) , if not then Honey I bored the Audience (the gags are only good so many times)

DCA: I supose the whole park doesn't count, then I'd have to say Orange Stinger - its not new nor orginal. As bizzare and odd as it it, at least Stupid Star Lamo is like nothing I've ever been on.

DisneyFreak2000
08-17-2001, 01:16 PM
My least favorite rides at the Resort are:
1. The Exhibits in DCa
2. Mullholand Madness (eye sore)
3. Jellyfish
4. Innoventions
5. Storybook Boats (It's boring)

Cadaverous Pallor
08-17-2001, 01:57 PM
Gotta say it - the Country Bears are pretty lame. I wouldn't call it "kid-friendly" seeing as how I hated it every time my parents made me see it. But that's all IMHO, and I don't want to tread on anyone else's favorites.

I love Storybook and Small World, because they are cute, and I love cute things. :D That includes Autopia. I feel like a child again on that ride, even though I too am a veteran of the traffic jam.

The canoes are a workout - something I dislike. I only go on teacups if I have a stomach of steel that day, but that doesn't mean I hate the ride....

I just got my DCA pass and have only been twice, so I'll judge those rides later.

Doodle Duck
08-17-2001, 02:10 PM
Doodle risks death and dismemberment:

"The clicky clacky BORING dusty rusty oh my gawd I'm stuck in this stupid chair forever TIKI Freakin' Room."
The ride/attraction from "HELL, ain't I got something else I could be doing? Like braiding rope?"

SSL doesn't deserve the term 'ride'...it is definately in the 'rode' catagory.

merlinjones
08-17-2001, 02:46 PM
Doodle! You usually have such good taste... I love Tikis (and Small World, Dumbo and StoryBookLand for that matter). The Waltish-era stuff is good for me! I think that's one reason Tomorrwland has suffered so... there aren't any of the Walt rides (Subs, Inner Space, Carousel) left over there - - while the far more popular west side is still flooded with them - - they need at least one or two back in Tomorrowland (along with something new, borrowed or blue)!

As for the attractions I hate - - Innoventions is the worst, accompanied by Gadget's Go-Coaster, Starcade, Radio Disney, Observatron and Space Museum.

I miss the rockets up high very much (along with Skyway).

At DCA I didn't like much of anything (note PAST TENSE), but Superstar Limo, Steps in Time, farm exhibit, tortilla factory and PC Golden Dreams were particularly intolerable.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-17-2001, 02:48 PM
The poor, poor Tiki room. I used to love that one but haven't seen it in a long time since it's state of disrepair depresses me. I understand Doodle's problem with it, and I agree - it's just old and outdated and just not impressive anymore. I'm sure that even if they kept it in tip-top condition it would still not be too popular. Time to put in something NEW and full of modern technology. I'd be sad to see it go but happy if they put in a good replacement. (see my sig. below....):rolleyes:

rexfarms
08-17-2001, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
[B]Gotta say it - the Country Bears are pretty lame. I wouldn't call it "kid-friendly" seeing as how I hated it every time my parents made me see it. But that's all IMHO, and I don't want to tread on anyone else's favorites.

What is IMHO? :confused: :) thanks!

merlinjones
08-17-2001, 03:07 PM
>>The poor, poor Tiki room. I used to love that one but haven't seen it in a long time since it's state of disrepair depresses me. I understand Doodle's problem with it, and I agree - it's just old and outdated and just not impressive anymore. I'm sure that even if they kept it in tip-top condition it would still not be too popular. Time to put in something NEW and full of modern technology. I'd be sad to see it go but happy if they put in a good replacement. (see
my sig. below....)<<

1) I disagree. Polynesian Pop and Tiki Chic are all the rage amongst the young and hip right now. If the Tiki Room were updated with modern tech and effects and a campy new show, it would be all the rage. It's not the theme that's dated, just the show.

2) Due to budget restrictions, second-guessing and multi-layered non-creative management, Disney does not put in good REPLACEMENTS with modern technology (except for minor rehabs like Lincoln, Treehouse (debatable) or Autopia...). You are holding on to the past. We will get only bottom-line bottomfeeding piles of spread-sheets in the current environment. Don't forget, they replaced PeopleMover with Rocket Rods (then nothing), Rocket Jets with a lower rocket and a frigid mobile, Subs, CircleVision and Skyway with nothing and Carousel/Sings with Innoventions. Pooh (according to current plans) will be vastly INFERIOR to Country Bears in terms of technology and show (nothing wrong with the theme - - they're just too cheap to do it right. See WDW). We should hold on to the cool stuff (with hopefully minor improvements) with all our might until someday there is a new and competent management with an imagination, showmanship and gut instinct. Hope is not enough. When these things are gone... they're GONE (see Tomorrowland).

merlinjones
08-17-2001, 03:10 PM
>>What is IMHO?<<

In My Humble Opinion.

Corith
08-17-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Due to budget restrictions, second-guessing and multi-layered non-creative management, Disney does not put in good REPLACEMENTS with modern technology (except for minor rehabs like Lincoln, Treehouse (debatable) or Autopia...).

Nothing lasts forever. One day, hopefully soon, Einser and his crew of "yes" men will be gone. Let us all hope that his replacement will see the sad state of Disneyland, how ugly DCA looks and is, and why TDS should be the standard of all Disney theme parks.

DisneylandKid
08-17-2001, 03:41 PM
IT IS TIME FOR DISNEYLANDKID'S OPINIONS:

Originally posted by merlinjones
>>Due to budget restrictions, second-guessing and multi-layered non-creative management, Disney does not put in good REPLACEMENTS with modern technology (except for minor rehabs like Lincoln, Treehouse (debatable) or Autopia...).

Are you saying that you do not care for the new Autopia? I think it is a great improvement over the old one. I love the theme. I also like Lincoln, though I didn't see the old one. The Tarzan treehouse vs. the Swiss Family treehouse are about the same IMO.

Originally posted by Morrigoon
Astro Orbiter (dumbo is eye candy, and has a view - this ride, on the other hand has no view since its removal from the Peoplemover tower, and the sculpture rarely works anymore, and it's painted in all those rather boring "trendy" colors that will be outdated in 3...2...1... )

I think the AstroOrbiter is great eye candy. The ride might not be all that much of a thrill, but the design is awesome looking.

Gemini Cricket
08-17-2001, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
[B]Doodle risks death and dismemberment:

"The clicky clacky BORING dusty rusty oh my gawd I'm stuck in this stupid chair forever TIKI Freakin' Room."
The ride/attraction from "HELL, ain't I got something else I could be doing? Like braiding rope?"

Doodle- that has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. I just messed myself. I kept imagining the Wally Weasel's episode from the Simpsons with the animatronic figures that were out of sync and sparking. Also, "A Goofy Movie's" Possum Country Jamboree section.

Truly hilarious. I think I'm going to say "clicky clacky" more often.

thamnarestan
08-17-2001, 04:20 PM
What do you mean Country Bears are lame? With classics like Ringo Starr's Octupus's Garden??? With those lovable Chucky Cheese animal heads on the wall?

Seriously, though, the Jamboree show was a lot better than Playhouse. But the attractions is pretty dated. Hopefully parts of it will live on somewhere in the resort.

BTW, I've heard that one theater will be preserved and shipped to Hong Kong. Has anyone else heard this?

As for the Superstar Limo, I'll admit that it's probably the WORST attraction in the resort, but I definitely wouldn't call it my LEAST FAVORITE. I actually enjoy riding it and laughing at how terrible it is (though the original idea for the attraction, as explained by that LaughingPlace Jim Hill guy, sounded pretty cool).

rexfarms
08-17-2001, 06:27 PM
Gracias merlinjones