PDA

View Full Version : AP World of Disney Shopping Event July 23, 2011

Pages : [1] 2

janell
07-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Has anyone heard what types of items will be on sale? Is it just items Disney is trying to get ride of like old stock? Or is it new items?

olegc
07-15-2011, 08:29 PM
a thread on december"s sale - http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?157019-Annual-Passholder-Early-Shopping-Opportunity-Saturday-December-4-2010&highlight=World+of+Disney+shopping

probably something similar..

janell
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Thank you for the link. Very helpful.

I wish Disney would say what's on sale. I'm looming for Duffy items. Oh well. Thank you again for the link. :)

olegc
07-15-2011, 09:44 PM
i know sometimes people post what is being sold either on twitter (mouseplanet or mouseplanetAVP or others to try) or here on the pad.. BUT - if you want to get the deals you need to be there in line early before it opens..

DizneyMommy
07-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Why do i never know about these... how did you find out about it? Is it posted online somewhere (hours, etc)

janell
07-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the tip about twitter. I wish the lone up for this wasn't at 4:00am. I know it's an unofficial line up but still a line up. :)

I found out about this via AP emailer. I usually find out about these shopping days here on MP. :)

Sleeping Beauty's mom
07-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I went last year, but I'm not planning on going this year ( gotta work to pay those bills), the lines aren't as long as the one at Christmas (although they added DVC members at
Christmas). It was about 1/2 hr wait versus 2 1/2 hr wait and check out was about 15 mins vs 2 hrs. Have fun and expect to wait.

olegc
07-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Why do i never know about these... how did you find out about it? Is it posted online somewhere (hours, etc)

usually in some form on a website or feed. D23 members are in on it too so they received email as well as notice on twitter and facebook. Disneyland announced it via twitter and facebook ,and the Merchandise Department website had it as well (artofdisneyparks.com). also - When these things come out someone on MP posts it to their twitter, facebook, or the weekly Park Update information. It was also noted on the AP website and the AP backstage newsletter sent in the mail.

janell
07-17-2011, 05:11 AM
I went last year, but I'm not planning on going this year ( gotta work to pay those bills), the lines aren't as long as the one at Christmas (although they added DVC members at
Christmas). It was about 1/2 hr wait versus 2 1/2 hr wait and check out was about 15 mins vs 2 hrs. Have fun and expect to wait.

Good to know the wait my be shorter then Christmas. I think I'll be skipping this event if I can't find out what's on sale and for what % off. There isn't much I would buy right now and my time is worth more then the discount. I so wish Disney would give out more info. Oh well. :)

DizneyMommy
07-17-2011, 06:41 AM
usually in some form on a website or feed. D23 members are in on it too so they received email as well as notice on twitter and facebook. Disneyland announced it via twitter and facebook ,and the Merchandise Department website had it as well (artofdisneyparks.com). also - When these things come out someone on MP posts it to their twitter, facebook, or the weekly Park Update information. It was also noted on the AP website and the AP backstage newsletter sent in the mail.
Good grief, I must have been oblivious the past few weeks, I have read all of the above but never noticed this. Thanks!

SeanMouse
07-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Has if anybody heard if passholders can bring guests. During the xmas sale they allowed passholders a certain number of non passholder guests. it would be nice to have
a friend along.

SeanMouse
07-21-2011, 09:08 AM
I've had no luck calling the store, If anyone is going there ask if we can bring a guest to the sale. Thanks.

cstephens
07-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Guests do not seem to be allowed this time. If I recall correctly, last time, they specifically included in the announcement that APs could bring a guest. This time, it says you have to show an AP and an ID to enter the store during the shopping time, so to me, that means no non-AP guests.

Save the date! On July 23, 2011 take part in a special shopping experience from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at our Sizzling Summer Sale at World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District.

Passholders will enjoy incredible discounts on select merchandise, special doorbusters, surprise markdowns and more! Continue to watch artofdisneyparks.com for more details.

A valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID must be presented to enter the World of Disney® store for the early shopping opportunities and must be presented at time of purchase to receive offers. Merchandise and offers valid while supplies last. Offers not valid on any previous purchases nor for phone, e-mail, on-line, or mail orders. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Other restrictions may apply. Information and offers are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

ETA: Oh, DVC members and D23 members are allowed into the sale as well. Here's a Disney Parks Blog post about the sale as well. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/disney-passholder-and-disney-vacation-club-sizzling-summer-sale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

mlwalsh
07-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Just had this link sent to me...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/disney-passholder-and-disney-vacation-club-sizzling-summer-sale/

short version :
* 75% off select Vinylmation
* 40% off select Disney Parks Dooney & Bourke styles
* 50% off select Apparel for the entire family
* 50% off select Ear Hats and headwear
* 50% off select Disney Parks Edition Games such as Monopoly and Operation
* Door busters at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning as low as $1 (plus tax)

janell
07-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Thank you for posting the info on what is on sale.

Happy shopping to those who go. :)

Tomblie
07-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Has anybody returned from the sale? How was it?

olegc
07-23-2011, 10:43 AM
i'd love to know too. I was going to attend and pick up some birthday gifts for myself - but need to save money for Expo next month. So I am curious what i missed :crying:

CariBelle
07-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I saw a post from Disney that said some Duffy stuff would be included which surprised me.

bennette
07-24-2011, 01:42 PM
I saw a post from Disney that said some Duffy stuff would be included which surprised me.

Not me. They had way too much patriotic Duffy at the parks July 4, IMO. (There is too much Duffy all the time, but that's REALLY just IMO!)

CariBelle
07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Not me. They had way too much patriotic Duffy at the parks July 4, IMO. (There is too much Duffy all the time, but that's REALLY just IMO!)

Ah, I haven't seen any of the holiday stuff so that makes sense. I like the bear so I would gladly take some sale items ;)

SeanMouse
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I was there Sat. morning- 4 dollar cofee mugs, 4 dollar beach towles, 5 dollar duffle bags, 4-9 plush dolls(mostly odd colors) 3 dollar pins, 35 dollar train sets-these were sweet but only had a limited amount, 3 dollar ear hats(pirate princess,kermit,tinkerbell), 3 dollar character combs with folding mirror normally 6-7-, light boxes about 45 bucks jungle cruise theme, theren were select vinylmations and a huge mob and I not a vinyl guy so I didnt catch the price. In my opinion the Duffy stuff even though tempting was way marked up and then had 25-50 % off, I didnt really see a deal there. Some of the sweatshirts and world of color stuff I grabbd but most of it was gone by the time I got over to it-75% off. I missed alot of other stuff which tells me ther wasnt alot of it to begin with and I got in line at 5am but I was by myself which was a huge disadvantage imo. 40% off dooney and bourke bags and 50 % off ladies fleece and pj sets. Im sure Im missing some stuff but this gives a pretty good idea.

ShelbyH
07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the summary! I wanted to go to this, but not so badly I wanted to get out of bed that early. Doesn't sound like I missed much of what I'd be interested in anyway.

disneyfn
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Went and got a dooney and bourke bag. These were gone in 15 min. World of Color items went next in 30 min. Vinylmation was crazy with people taking 10 or more complete boxes at a time. Duffy items were mostly limited to bears in various outfits,not a big seller. Was out in about 45 min. The only thing I learned is to arrive earlier next time if you want the sale items. I got there at 3:30 am and there were a good 100 people in front of me already. Next time I"ll try for 2 am!

Tomblie
07-29-2011, 07:18 AM
I thought you couldn't line up as early as 3am?

olegc
07-29-2011, 08:48 AM
i was not there, and yes the initial announcement did have a time restriction on lineups - but DLR historically has just dealt with people showing up really early and trying to accommodate. What will they do - send everyone home?