PDA

View Full Version : DCA's new entrance gates to open July 15

AVP
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
The new DCA entrance gates will open tomorrow, marking the countdown to the big remodel of the main entrance of that park.

Tonight, Gate 14, the gate next to Soarin' Over California, will be used as an exit for guests leaving the park after 10pm. This is to allow construction workers to remove the turnstiles for the old main entrance gate structure.

Starting tomorrow, guests will use the new main entrance gates to enter DCA, but will still pass through the old gate structure to enter the park. This will be the entry method through the end of August, when the new temporary entrance opens.

By Labor Day, expect the temporary entrance to be in use while the Buena Vista Street project kicks into high gear.

As part of this main entrance makeover, the Disneyland Monorail will be on a reduced operating schedule (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?171378-Reduce-Monorail-Hours-in-July-and-August-(opens-10-am)&p=1670150#post1670150).

missm
07-14-2011, 07:59 PM
How long until the new entry is finished? Is there a timeline for this?

Drince88
07-14-2011, 08:35 PM
So they're opening up the new entry gates for a month and a half? Why the rush to finish them up?

IllusionOfLife
07-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Where will the temporary entrance be located?

Teddi
07-14-2011, 09:38 PM
The new turnstiles will be used from tomorrow onward.

What will happen is that you will pass THRU them and then be hard directed to the right (eventually) through what is now "backstage" areas - while "buena vista street" is being redone you won't proceed forward into DCA. What AVP was getting at was that in about a month and a half is the target to begin the redirect "entrance pathway" that will be pretty much immediately after the entrace gate- but the new "gate" will still be point of entry.

To picture it- think of going thru the turnstiles, having some 30 or so feet ahead of you before there's construction wall making everyone turn right to the new entrace detour.

Read that much of exiting will be next to La Brea Bakery- gate 14 (I think it's #14) that up til recently was just closed off to public use. This gate is between Soarin (on the backside near the big plane) and the edge of Grand California Hotel.

Teddi
07-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Per Al Lutz- the timeframe to finish the entrance way is by June of next year. He says that Buena Vista construction is apparently more worrisome to finish in time before even Carsland. Whether his dates are right or not, it's going to be messy for a quite a while.

carolinakid
07-15-2011, 09:24 AM
The new entrance looks like that of Disney's Hollwood Studios Park.....in fact, that's what I thought it was a photo of when I first saw it in Monday's column. Makes sense though....Hollywood in the 20s/30s.

mousterpiece
07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Glad to hear they're opening the entrance gates up to the public now. I've been keeping an eye on the construction progress and was worried that this part wouldn't be done soon enough (meaning, of course, I'm going in a few days and wanted to see it up close and personal). Of course, there'll be plenty of construction everywhere else in the park... ;)

Treacle
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Saw the new gates yesterday. The look and quality have me really excited for where they're taking DCA. If they do more of the entryway like that, it'll be truly like stepping back to a bygone era. So few remnants of that style remain.

Andrew
07-25-2011, 10:42 AM
This to me is very very good news:

Last week I incorrectly reported that there would be no direct access from the Condor Flats area to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and that all Hollywood-bound traffic would be directed through the Golden State and A Bug's Land. A cast member corrected me, and said that there will always be a walkway from Condor Flats to Hollywood, through the exact path will change frequently as the construction site moves.