PDA

View Full Version : What makes you love Disneyland, or dislike it?

WaltAddict
06-04-2003, 12:16 AM
hello. im new here so if i sound silly, sorry.

well back to my question. I love DL because i love how i feel. just walking down main street i feel like im 5 agen. i can see how happy everyone is. i can feel just a slight tingle in my heart. every detail, (none to small) reminds me of how special this place is. i think of walt, and how happy he would be just to see how he still tuches peoples lives. he has tuched mine. The one thing that i can say that i dislike about disneyland (and i hate to say it) is i dont think walt would be happy about the park. but i could be wrong. i would like to hope i am. (please dont get mad at my ideas)

i would like to take a line or two and say thanks to everyone. thanks for making me feel normal. i never meet a group of people who felt the way i do about d-land.

Brice

scaeagles
06-04-2003, 06:48 AM
The absolute best is taking my kids and watching them discover the things I did.....yeah, a lot of things are gone since then, but there are a lot of new, cool things, too. My 4 year old son sees only the good things there - yeah, some things are run down, painting is needed, some attractions go down frequently....but he loves it and soaks it up every time, smiling at everything he sees. My 9 year old daughter is the same, but not as pronounced as she's been there over 10 times now.

Leap for Joy
06-04-2003, 09:12 AM
I, too, love the way I feel when I'm there. I'm transported outside of myself and my worries and my life to a place where all is magical and happy. I love everything -- the characters, the rides, the little kids, the dads carrying too many treats to their families, people of all ages wearing mouse ears. It is just plain FUN. I can not wait to go again!!!

tod
06-04-2003, 10:33 AM
I grew up there. One of my earliest memories is walking down Main Street in my Davy Crockett sweatshirt like I owned the world. When I was a child, it was always the special-occasion place, for birthdays, for entertaining out of town visitors.

In time, it became the date place, the courting place, and now it's the place where I take my wife and kids.

Why do I like it? It works. There is no problem they haven't dealt with. And, bottom-line, it's Walt's dream put into practice: A place where kids and parents can have fun together.

God knows I have.

--T

Icy Bacon
06-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Out of all the parks I've been to, it's the only one that has that magic you get when everyone there is happy to be there, from the best employees in the theme park world to the roaming characters, it's go this amazing aura of fun, fantasy and friendliness.

In more boring terms, I love it because it's the biggest small theme park- it does (almost) everything on an incredible scale while still feeling like a little place you know every corner of, but still has a new surprise every time.

jtracy
06-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Love - the magic, the atmosphere, the history, the uniqueness, the fun.

Dislike - the crowds, lack of upgrades, lack of new attractions, attraction/eatery closures.

10krbell
06-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Its kinda hard to put the emotions of Disneyland to words, I just had this conversation at dance class the other day, and I could not adaquetely describe it, enuogh for someone else to understand.

For me, its like going home. Its a safe comfortable feeling, where everything seems right with the world. Its not the attractions that continually bring me back (there are visits where I don't go near an attraction at all!) but the atmosphere and the aura of the place. I grew up in Southern CA, and we were there about 6 times a year. Then when I was old enough I bought my AP, became a CM, etc.

As far as the things I don't like, there are few. I don't think that Walt wouldn't like the Park, but I don't think he would agree with some of the choices that have been made. The one thing I *know* he wouldn't like is one of my biggest pet peeves, Bad Show.

But for me, the positive outweighs the negative, and I continue to go back (again and again and again) and will continue to do so until that atmosphere I love so much is gone, which I don't think it ever will.

hefferdude
06-05-2003, 11:26 AM
The good-

Having gown up in New Jersey with only the Mickey Mouse Club on our B/W TV - remembering the day I finally got to walk into the park! I think I was almost 26!:eek:

Now, as an APer 24 years later - learning to slow down and to take note of and appreciate all the wonderful things that usually go unnoticed by frantic guests on short calenders.

and slowly turning my family into Disneyphiles.
Bwahahahahaha! :~D

The bad -

Barneys! Large groups ( 20-30 ) of tourists that absolutely must remain attached at the hip as they all try to work their way from attraction to attraction:mad: I gave them that name from a trip where the guide had a small flag on a stick with a purple Barney on it.

We now know how to stay at least two attrractions ahead of them.:cool: