PDA

View Full Version : airline flight schedule

MMlover
07-12-2011, 05:21 AM
We just got back from a great trip with our 2 1/2 year old twins - they loved it. So like most of you, we are planning our next trip already :) We'd like to go back next October (2012). Does anyone know when airlines will start posting flights for Oct. 2012?? We normally drive in summer, but we will need to fly this time of year. I am really looking forward to going in October - I've only been in summer, around Christmas and Spring Break.

GusMan
07-12-2011, 06:43 AM
October is a great time to go from my experience.

As for flights, the major airlines usually allow booking around 10-11 months out. Some of the value airlines are 4-6 months out.

tappenfeat
07-12-2011, 06:55 AM
100% agreed with above comment. October is fabulous! Just keep in mind that around Columbus Day Weekend, the crowds spike up a bit. I was surprised by how much. The Fall decorations for Halloween are beautiful! So much fun and color all around.

Check periodically online for flights and you will see the dates you want popping up the closer you get to your vacation. A lot of comparing is a good key to great deals. Good luck!

GusMan
07-12-2011, 08:05 AM
A lot of comparing is a good key to great deals. Good luck!
To add to this... I follow the addage that as soon as you find a fare that is a good deal for you, get it and dont look back. I know that people talk about getting credit for reduced fares and the like, but from my own personal experience, that is not all that common and credits are not useful if you dont have a reason to use them.

Example... for our October '11 trip, we got our flights back in Feb. They have now doubled in price. I am glad I did not wait.

tappenfeat
07-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Absolutely! If you do see a deal...don't even wait a day! They can change from day to day!!! I've lost out by waiting by one day! I can scream about that one! :eyeroll:

Drince88
07-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Know which airlines generally offer reasonable flights for your city to Orlando. For instance, only two airlines offer non-stops from where I live to MCO, and one only has icky times for me, so I know what airline I'm going to fly beforehand. If the other airline had more non-stops, I'd definitely be checking them both out regularly.

But know your airlines, and then sign up for their newsletters. You can often get notice that certain routes are going on sale, etc.

GusMan
07-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Exactly. We see people around these parts going crazy trying to figure out when to buy and then loosing sleep over wondering if they overpaid. Its not worth the stress.

MMlover
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
As I said, we have never been in October - will there be alot of attractions closed?? I know one of the water parks may be, but our boys are too young yet, so we wouldn't go anyway. What can we expect for crowd levels at the end of the month (not over Halloween, but close?)

tappenfeat
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
The end of October is GREAT! Crowd levels are pretty low and the weather is beautiful!!! It's a really good time to go! :D

Just as a reminder, locals do hit the MK on nights for the MNSSHP and especially over the weekends.

HTanner
07-15-2011, 11:27 AM
I was booking a flight and the price changed in the middle of booking ... it would not let me finish the booking at the price because I had not entered in the passenger info yet. I was "thinking" too long.