PDA

View Full Version : Chipping paint, burnt-out light bulbs, and more!

CrayZforDisney
06-03-2003, 06:55 PM
During the past years, Disneyland has been declining on a long, rocky road. The magic of Disneyland is fading away into the past. No more charming rides surround the lands with ambiance and thrill rides are rising about.

However, worst of all is that Disneyland is falling apart. Now, I know an effort is made to keep up the park, but it is not as big of a deal now as it was 50 years ago. Then, Walt Disney actually cared about his customers, and the upkeep of his park. Disneyland's paint is chipping, fading, and looking old. Many details are going un noticed in the park. Why is Disneyland losing its charming, old- type, so very magical, whimiscal, and childish feel? Does anyone besides me notice Disney's poor upkeep?

Then, this leads me to another question: How will this world be like in the future? Will people be furiously grabbing and striving for money ? Will Disney executives spoil the absolute wonder and amazement of Disneyland? Or is it just the plain fact that once you've gotten older, the magic of Disneyland just fades away? :crying:

rexfarms
06-03-2003, 07:19 PM
No no, your right. I yearn for the days when I could say to people, see look what a good company Disney is, not one burned out lightbulb on Main Street. Not anymore. :(

Lashbear
06-03-2003, 08:23 PM
I used to love quoting this fact to people:

"The Rim-Bulbs on Main Street are replaced when they reach 80% of their calculated ife-expectancy, to ensure the light on Main Street never fades"

:(

...I know... maybe they leave the burned out bulbs in until they reach the 80% figure (If a bulb life is estimated at 100 days, then they leave it there for the full 80 days, burnt-out or not) :rolleyes: